BajaNomad

Asuncion

Pages:  1  

lingililingili - 4-23-2009 at 01:21 PM

Well, Two Gringos, BMG and myself are now proud owners of a casa in Asuncion. Guess this makes us Asuncionians? We are all excited and know we are going to love spending time here.

SiReNiTa - 4-23-2009 at 01:25 PM

Felicidades
take care of my little town for me please!!!
i love that place as much as i love...cheerleading lol!!!! so thats alot!
have fun with your new house!!!

lingililingili - 4-23-2009 at 01:29 PM

Thank you Sirenita

DianaT - 4-23-2009 at 01:40 PM

Well,
Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can finally WELCOME our new neighbors. Hope you are still there when we FINALLY get back!

Now people will understand why you were concerned about the earthquakes. :lol::lol:

Diane

[Edited on 4-23-2009 by jdtrotter]

lingililingili - 4-23-2009 at 01:43 PM

Diane: Ha! Isn't that funny! We should be here for ten days or so, hope we do get to meet!

Leaving the internet cafe for now!

Bajaboy - 4-23-2009 at 02:23 PM

Congrats neighbor!

BajaWarrior - 4-23-2009 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lingililingili
Well, Two Gringos, BMG and myself are now proud owners of a casa in Asuncion. Guess this makes us Asuncionians? We are all excited and know we are going to love spending time here.

It was only a matter of time...The place is beautiful...Congradulations!

Diver - 4-23-2009 at 04:28 PM

Congratulations neighbors !!
Hope to see you there sometime soon.

Far Out!

Mulegena - 4-23-2009 at 04:29 PM

:bounce::bounce::yes::yes:;D;D:spingrin::tumble::smug::wow:

Bajahowodd - 4-23-2009 at 04:34 PM

Just curious, as I've not had the pleasure of meeting you and your sometimes grouchy husband. Am I to assume that you are trading La Paz for Asuncion? Or are you going to be bi-coastal?

Bajagypsy - 4-23-2009 at 04:39 PM

Congrats, I know you will love the town!

longlegsinlapaz - 4-23-2009 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Just curious, as I've not had the pleasure of meeting you and your sometimes grouchy husband. Am I to assume that you are trading La Paz for Asuncion? Or are you going to be bi-coastal?

sometimes grouchy husband????:o:o Only when thoroughly provoked!:lol: Huh, Bunky?;)

Congratulations Linguine, Grumpy & M/M Two Gringos! I gotta tell ya though, that exceeds my all-time personal best travel distance for social get-togethers!:lol: xoxox

DianaT - 4-23-2009 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz

Congratulations Linguine, Grumpy & M/M Two Gringos! I gotta tell ya though, that exceeds my all-time personal best travel distance for social get-togethers!:lol: xoxox

OK, so driving there and back in a day for one social occasion, well that might be a bit much----but I know someone who has a separate guest room. :lol::lol:

Hitch a ride sometime!

Diane

David K - 4-23-2009 at 05:03 PM

Quote:

I think Shari calls it 'Nomadlandia', thus making you a 'Nomadlandian'!:light::cool::biggrin:

rob - 4-23-2009 at 05:37 PM

Got to say we are jealous - our best to BMG and Lingililil . . ! We love this place.

Just drove out to San Roque on a beautiful, breezy afternoon and retrieved Sarah (the castaway) who is doing well under Shari's wing while waiting for her papers.

Tomorrow we reluctantly hit the road for BLA and San Diego.

Bajahowodd - 4-23-2009 at 11:30 PM

Legs- I admit to having had a few "battles" with Sr. BMG. He is a formidable opponent. But, aside from that, I have to admit to having never been to Asuncion. Been to Obreojos for the surf. Just never turned right at the junction in Vizcaino. Now, you guys have me wondering. Are you all nutz? Or am I missing a hidden paradise? Gonna be heading South soon.

SiReNiTa - 4-23-2009 at 11:57 PM

bajahowodd...i can tell you straight away...you are missing a hidden paradise!!!
check it out!!! u will not regret it! i cnt wait to go back *snifff*:(

fishbuck - 4-24-2009 at 01:32 AM

Don't ever go to Asuncion! There are no fish there. The locals are hostile and will scalp you and hang your scalp on a wall.
The weather is either too hot or too cold.
And if you try to swim in the ocean sharks will eat you.

And if you survive Juan and Shari will stuff you full of sushi. And then you will only survive that by drinking lots of cold beer. Lots of cold beer!

Lots!!!

capt. mike - 4-24-2009 at 06:22 AM

what's happening there over memorial weekend?

so what happens to the La paz house

capitolkat - 4-24-2009 at 07:40 AM

just when we meet you guys run off to the West Coast-- so will you keep the La paz house????

DianaT - 4-24-2009 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Been to Obreojos for the surf. Just never turned right at the junction in Vizcaino. Now, you guys have me wondering. Are you all nutz? Or am I missing a hidden paradise? Gonna be heading South soon.

If you like great dirt roads, there is a 50 + dirt road that connects Abreojos to Bahia Asuncion. Easier, however, coming the other way.

Our town is bigger and we have an easy to find surf spot not far out of town. There is also a small beginners surf beach in front of our home.

It is a beautiful little town with the nicest people anywhere. While there are a few places to eat, IMHO, by far, the best restaurant in town is Tres. Hermanos at the Hotel in town---However, Gloria was moving the restaurant to her house when we left, but I am sure the food will just as great.

The police are very friendly and helpful, and we really like the fairly new delegado. He has been very friendly and has told us he wants to work with the incoming ex-pats. He has also done some great things with removing trash---a work in progress.

If you are a surfer and have any old surfboards collecting dirt, bring them down. Our friend, Jamie Morales who is one of the officers of the local surf club, fixes them up for the kids.

We also have a mountain bike club, and well, I have written a lot about them and posted lots of pictures before.

And baseball---of course we have a baseball team.

OK, enough now----

Again, we look forward to our new neighbors. We have met TwoGringos a couple of times when they were in town and now look forward to meeting their partners. :yes:

Diane

[Edited on 4-24-2009 by jdtrotter]

MitchMan - 4-24-2009 at 09:49 AM

Question?
I have always wondered how people get to their vacation homes in Baja towns that are over 50 miles away from the nearest airport, like Asuncion or Todos Santos. If someone who lives in Los Angeles, buys a vacation home in Asuncion, and they want to visit the vacation home at least 6 times a year for a weekend or for a two week vacation or (if you have the finances and the time) for a week at a time, how do you get there?

Do you have to fly into, say, Loreto, rent a vehicle in Loreto, then drive to Asuncion, and then drive back to Loreto to return the rented vehicle and then fly back to LAX from Loreto? Or do you take a bus from Loreto to Asuncion? Or do you pay for a taxi ride? Or do you always drive to Ausuncion from the USA? Seems inconvenient and/or very expensive to me. Why not just buy a low costing place in Loreto about 1 mile from town? I don't know, I am just guessing. But, I am really curious about what most people do in that circumstance.

[Edited on 4-24-2009 by MitchMan]

redmesa - 4-24-2009 at 09:56 AM

Yes, it does take a little more effort and planning to get to Bahia Asuncion but for most ( I think I speak for most) of us it is more than worth it.
Comparing the experience in Loreto to Bahia Asuncion is like comparing Paris to Tahiti...both great places but totally different in so many ways.

DianaT - 4-24-2009 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
Question?
I have always wondered how people get to their vacation homes in Baja towns that are over 50 miles away from the nearest airport, like Asuncion or Todos Santos. If someone who lives in Los Angeles, buys a vacation home in Asuncion, and they want to visit the vacation home at least 6 times a year for a weekend or for a two week vacation or (if you have the finances and the time) for a week at a time, how do you get there?

Do you have to fly into, say, Loreto, rent a vehicle in Loreto, then drive to Asuncion, and then drive back to Loreto to return the rented vehicle and then fly back to LAX from Loreto? Or do you take a bus from Loreto to Asuncion? Or do you pay for a taxi ride? Or do you always drive to Ausuncion from the USA? Seems inconvenient and/or very expensive to me. Why not just buy a low costing place in Loreto about 1 mile from town? I don't know, I am just guessing. But, I am really curious about what most people do in that circumstance.

We go back and forth about every six weeks---we drive. Most of the time we do it in two days. It works for us very well.

While we enjoy visiting Loreto, it is too hot for us in the summer and we like to be out of Imperial Beach for most of the summer---too many tourists. :lol:

Also, Bahia Asuncion is old Baja---

Good luck selling your Loreto property.

Diane

[Edited on 4-24-2009 by jdtrotter]

MitchMan - 4-24-2009 at 10:04 AM

Thanks for the reply, Diane.

I was wondering if you would make a comment on how you feel about your particular safety and your feelings of your security on your frequent driving across the the US/Mexican border to go to Asuncion currently?

Thank you in advance.

Bajaboy - 4-24-2009 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Question?

I like Loreto but in Asuncion you don't have to worry about RE agents or developers pushing you to buy. And in all honesty, it's much more enjoyable and cost effective to make the drive to Asuncion that it is to fly into Loreto...at least in my opinion. We do it in a day...no worries or hurries...

lingililingili - 4-24-2009 at 10:21 AM

Longlegs: We won't stop having happy hours in La Paz, not to worry!

Bajahowodd and capitolkat We are not trading La Paz for Asuncion, just adding it! Because of the heat in La Paz we always head to our Boat in San Francisco area, now we won't have to go so far!

MitchMan: We have never had any issue crossing the borders or traveling in Mexico in general. It is difficult to relate to all the negative threads on the subject of car jackings, etc. We have driven down from the Bay area
many times without any issues.

Thank you for all the welcomes everyone! We look forward to meeting and spending many happy days in Asuncion!

Bajahowodd - 4-24-2009 at 10:29 AM

Not trying to second guess, but isn't Todos Santos a summer refuge for many folks in La Paz? Maybe too pricey? Too close? Just asking. Trying to learn. Absolutely intend to take the plunge within the next year or two.

DianaT - 4-24-2009 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Not trying to second guess, but isn't Todos Santos a summer refuge for many folks in La Paz? Maybe too pricey? Too close? Just asking. Trying to learn. Absolutely intend to take the plunge within the next year or two.

Todos Santos is a lot hotter than Bahia Asuncion, a lot more developed, and a lot more expenseve.

Very different places---

longlegsinlapaz - 4-24-2009 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Question?

MitchMan, I can't & won't attempt to speak for everyone here, but I believe it's simply a matter of finding a place which speaks to our heart & continues to draw us back. We each end up where we do for as many personal & varying reasons as there are places in Baja to choose from! One person's paradise is another person's nightmare.:bounce: For me, it's all about listening to your heart & making the details work for you individually.

Don't forget there are many full-time residents down here who don't fall into the X-times a year vacation traveler.

shari - 4-24-2009 at 11:14 AM

Oh WOW...felicidadez lingilingi...really look forward to our first happy hour at your place!! Which house is it and when will we have the priviledge of meeting you? You will not be disappointed with BA!

Diver - 4-24-2009 at 11:32 AM

Did you buy the new little house from Armando ?? Or something in town ?

Maybe we will be able to see your happy hour flag from our place, Trotters, Shari's and Gypsy's ? :light: :biggrin:

Natalie Ann - 4-24-2009 at 01:03 PM

Ana, Steve, 'n both of you Gringos - That is soooo cool. Many congratulations!

You folks have this retirement thing down to an art.
The rest of the Asunciones are in for a real treat with the addition of your good company.

Nena

tripledigitken - 4-24-2009 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Question?

Mitchman,

Your comment got me thinking about our trips to Baja. We own a lot in the Mulege area and only visit currently. Have traveled several times a year for over 20 years. I have always driven, I have only flown into Cabo twice to fish. The drive, for me, is a big part of the enjoyment of going to Baja. My feelings are shared by almost everyone I know in Baja, with the exception of few that own private airplanes.

My avatar speaks to this subject. Driving at sunrise into a full moon, we wouldn't want to miss that!

So the criterion for living within 50 miles of an airport doesn't apply to us.

To each his own.

By the way I like Loreto very much, also.

Ken

David K - 4-24-2009 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Question?

Los Angeles to Asuncion is a 2 day easy drive... and it could be done in one long day's drive... Asuncion is not much over 500 miles from the border and it's almost all paved. Los Angeles to the border is 2 hours (if no traffic).

fishbuck - 4-24-2009 at 03:31 PM

Sharks, hostile locals, no fish. Last time I was there no ice either. Long drive and dangerous bumpy road after Viscainzo.
Don't go to Asuncion!
Go to Loreto Bay or Cabo!:cool:

[Edited on 4-24-2009 by fishbuck]

vandenberg - 4-25-2009 at 11:09 AM

The influx of all those Lapzonians must be terrifying to the local populace.:saint::biggrin:

Bajahowodd - 4-25-2009 at 11:48 AM

Lapazonia sounds like a fictional country in a Marx Brothers movie.:lol:

Udo - 4-25-2009 at 02:40 PM

Lapazonia sounds better than BA (=Bahia Asuncion). The store in town runs out of beer :oon Wednesdays, and Juan has to send to La Paz for Tequila. :lol::lol::lol:

lingililingili - 4-25-2009 at 03:18 PM

Shari: We are in Casa Rosa down by the water. Stop by anytime.

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Oh WOW...felicidadez lingilingi...really look forward to our first happy hour at your place!! Which house is it and when will we have the priviledge of meeting you? You will not be disappointed with BA!

comitan - 4-25-2009 at 03:19 PM

LaPazsuncian:tumble::tumble:

lingililingili - 4-25-2009 at 03:23 PM

Diver: We did indeed by Armando's house! Also, If we had a flag and if you can see the Trotters you could also see our flag!

Nena: Thank you, when will we see you again?

vandenberg: Watch it, we are going to recruit you next!

BMG - 4-25-2009 at 03:23 PM

Looking forward to meeting the folks here in Bahía Asunción. We'll be here for another week or so before heading back to La Paz. We are in the corner house that Diane posted a while back as being for sale. All 3 of the houses have been sold. Stop by if you see the white Toyota parked there.

DianaT - 4-25-2009 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
Looking forward to meeting the folks here in Bahía Asunción. We'll be here for another week or so before heading back to La Paz. We are in the corner house that Diane posted a while back as being for sale. All 3 of the houses have been sold. Stop by if you see the white Toyota parked there.

Yes, the last time I posted those houses on here for Armando, he said he did not want to sell Casa Rosa. :lol::lol:

Still hope to get there before you leave.

Diane

BMG - 4-25-2009 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter

Yes, the last time I posted those houses on here for Armando, he said he did not want to sell Casa Rosa. :lol::lol:

Still hope to get there before you leave.

Diane

The old saying that "Cash talks" is still true.

TwoGringos left this morning, but Ana and I should still be here when you arrive. And don't believe that 'grouchy' business. Occasionally grumpy though.

Bajahowodd - 4-25-2009 at 04:18 PM

Linguistics.:biggrin:

zforbes - 4-25-2009 at 05:09 PM

Hola and Welcome to Asuncion...I made the leap last year and bought a small casita...now here I am. I couldn't be happier, and the friends here are keepers, both gringos and Mexicans. It will also be nice to have a better balance of Americans and Canadians in town. The Canadians are a little unbalanced just now. ;)

I'll be back in mid-May and I'm looking forward to introductions at the first opportunity!

Zoe

PS: for those of you worried about the dangers, I drive back and forth between Asuncion and San Francisco every two or three months by myself and I feel safe. I follow the standard advice posted here and enjoy the time alone with my thoughts.

airmech - 4-25-2009 at 06:16 PM

This thread really has me missing Shari's hospitality. We haven't been down Baja much this year even if it is only a coupla hours away....nothing like a sundown on landing at Asuncion. bg

Skip_Mac - 4-25-2009 at 09:53 PM

Yeah airmech, Shari and Juan make an already special place much more accessible and welcoming. They rank high on the list of the world's special people, as Asuncion is high on the list of special places. I really envy the fortunate people who can spend more than a few weeks in their company and enjoying Asuncion and San Roque.

My all too brief stay was one of the high points of a life spent in the deserts and Rocky Mountains of Estados Unidos. No place I have seen can compare to the Viscano desert and BCS. The people make the experience even more special.

Bajahowodd - 4-25-2009 at 11:40 PM

Sheesh! You guys are going to make me turn right in Vizcaino just to see what the hoopla is all about.

lets do a fly-in this summer

capt. mike - 4-26-2009 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by airmech
This thread really has me missing Shari's hospitality. We haven't been down Baja much this year even if it is only a coupla hours away....nothing like a sundown on landing at Asuncion. bg

would like to experience the place some day.
summer would make a good break from Phx inferno.
who else flies? Dt? George? Norm? Cap?
i know yur out there guys.....;D

BajaGringo - 4-26-2009 at 09:12 AM

Congratulations you guys!!!

Really would love to see a thread on how you guys fix up the place - seems like it has lots of potential. I know you will enjoy the place as well as great company all around you. Never been to Asuncion but from all the photos posted it reminds me a lot of where we are building our new place. Hope to make it down there one day very soon...

shari - 4-26-2009 at 09:52 AM

why dont we plan a fly'in gathering this summer...like a plane regatta...

vandenberg - 4-26-2009 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skip_Mac
Yeah airmech, Shari and Juan make an already special place much more accessible and welcoming. They rank high on the list of the world's special people, as Asuncion is high on the list of special places. I really envy the fortunate people who can spend more than a few weeks in their company and enjoying Asuncion and San Roque.

My all too brief stay was one of the high points of a life spent in the deserts and Rocky Mountains of Estados Unidos. No place I have seen can compare to the Viscano desert and BCS. The people make the experience even more special.

Brings a tear to your eye.:biggrin::biggrin:

BajaGringo - 4-26-2009 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
why dont we plan a fly'in gathering this summer...like a plane regatta...

We'll hitch a ride with fishbuck if he makes it down...

David K - 4-26-2009 at 10:13 AM

Hey 'steekers'... you in on this with your Cessena?

Udo - 4-26-2009 at 11:14 AM

If Cap. Mike is going down, I can fly on Southwest to PHX, and catch a ride with him. Other than that, it's 12 hour drive to BA.
Now that would be a dream trip!

airmech - 4-26-2009 at 07:04 PM

Sounds like fun. But we'd have to do it before June and the fire season starts up ( we are one of the suppliers for air attack for fires on the west coast). Once that starts I'm on call till September.

Lauriboats - 4-26-2009 at 07:40 PM

Great congratulations, we are just below you, stop by anytime you see us there. Lauri

capt. mike - 4-27-2009 at 06:23 AM

i'm game. have to clear work tho, just started a new job . i'd feel better about a few other planes so we could group pitch for a security guard.

and - where the heck would everyone stay? Shari's B&B can only hold a few.
How's the hotel in town?

Bajaboy - 4-27-2009 at 07:31 AM

There are plenty of casitas for rent. Shari can help you out.

DianaT - 4-27-2009 at 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
i'm game. have to clear work tho, just started a new job . i'd feel better about a few other planes so we could group pitch for a security guard.

and - where the heck would everyone stay? Shari's B&B can only hold a few.
How's the hotel in town?

Like many hotels in smaller places in Baja, the Hotel is basic---=nothing fancy, but decent.

lingililingili - 4-27-2009 at 11:35 AM

Okay: I have one thing to ask of our fellow Asuncionians. Besides the obvious (ahem) what do you do to stay warm? My blood has obviously been thinned in La Paz! Next trip electric blanket and more fleece!

Bajaboy - 4-27-2009 at 11:43 AM

We have two small space heaters for the chill and a few fans for the heat...but our place is located in "California" and you're closer to "Alaska." It's amazing how varied the temps can be in Asuncion based on where you're located.

Lauriboats - 4-27-2009 at 11:44 AM

Plan a trip down in the summer time, it is beautiful in Asuncion then. On our side there is a nice Ocean breeze that comes up in the afternoon. Otherwise, I wear sweatpants and hooded sweatshirts when it's cold. See you soon. Lauri

lingililingili - 4-27-2009 at 11:49 AM

Lauriboats:

Sounds good! Summer and proper clothing. Maybe more wine, I'm down to two bottles and guarding them!

DianaT - 4-27-2009 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Okay: I have one thing to ask of our fellow Asuncionians. Besides the obvious (ahem) what do you do to stay warm? My blood has obviously been thinned in La Paz! Next trip electric blanket and more fleece!

I really like the cold, especially at night for sleeping. :yes:
We like being on the Alaska side---especially in the summer when it can be really hot in town.

However, when it is cold in the evenings, we do exactly what one should never do. We turn on the oven and open the door. Since Mexican stoves do not have a thermostat, it gets real warm in a hurry. And our propane lasts a very long time.

Also, our house is not anywhere close to being airtight, so we don't worry about heating it this way---doesn't take long to take the chill off.

We have used a space heater at times, but prefer the other way.

We have a heavy quilt bedspread for sleeping.

Diane

[Edited on 4-27-2009 by jdtrotter]

WEATHER

roundtuit - 4-27-2009 at 02:34 PM

WE ARE GOIN TO ASUNCION TOMORROW FOR A FEW DAYS. HAVE RENTED A CASITA FROM SHARI BUT DONT KNOW HOW WEATHER IS. WE ARE IN MULEGE AND IT IS HOT,HOT. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Bajaboy - 4-27-2009 at 02:39 PM

Taken from my blog:
http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/AsuncionBay/forecasts/la...

Bajahowodd - 4-27-2009 at 04:24 PM

It amuses me that I read a recent post from someone complaining about the weather in Ensenada being cold and windy just like where he lived in Imperial Beach. Then, head 500 miles South, and you're talking fleece and electric blankets! My father was a captain in the US merchant marine, and told me that there was a special name among mariners for Cabo San Lucas. Lest I offend anyone here, or be summarily deleted by El Jefe, you'll have to go to off-topic, if you are curious.

shari - 4-27-2009 at 04:28 PM

yup, it's a wee bit chilly in our neighbourhood in April/May particularly...our worse months...it is the price we pay for having perfect weather in the summers I guess.
So, um...yes, bring warm clothes...but geez...we dont have a heater or an electric blanket..once in awhile we do get out the down blanket...but not too often. The mornings are lovely but afternoons are windy. Baja is a windy place...just at different times in different places.

Bajahowodd - 4-27-2009 at 04:40 PM

Certainly didn't want to put anyone on the defensive. Shari, you obviously are in your own personal heaven in Asuncion. But nature prevails. The Japan current flowing down from Alaska, the Pacific northwesterlies and the vast flat plain of Vizcaino conspire to make the Asuncion climate what it is. Inasmuch as you are originally from Canada, I can truly understand your bliss.:yes:

shari - 4-27-2009 at 04:44 PM

guess that's why the recent population explosion of Canucks:lol: (all 5 of us)...looks like with the purchases of these new houses, the scale has been tipped in your favour Zoe...you will have more paisanos here now perhaps...that is if they dont freeze to death!:tumble:

Bajahowodd - 4-27-2009 at 05:18 PM

Sweet;D

shari - 4-27-2009 at 06:18 PM

We can accomodate around 30 people by the way...a flyin would be really fun indeed but summer would be nicer...june...the water hasnt warmed up just yet so the air is still a bit cool and game fish havent arrived yet.

redmesa - 4-27-2009 at 06:21 PM

Shari, I count 9 Canucks with houses there.

shari - 4-27-2009 at 06:29 PM

I was thinking couples amiga...and just poor little ole me at the moment and I dont count anymore being mexicana and all!!...gosh, BA is pretty well canuck free right now..good thing the gypsy clan are nearly on their way.

capt. mike - 4-28-2009 at 05:47 AM

big fun.
i hope to take off, you hosers.:tumble::tumble:

BajaGringo - 4-28-2009 at 08:32 AM

Actually those changes in temperature and the connection with the currents is what plays a big part in the fantastic fishing in the summertime. I say if you are cold just bring an extra pair of long johns and make sure you have somebody warm to cuddle next to.

Works for me...

:yes: :yes: :yes:

lingililingili - 4-28-2009 at 10:29 AM

Shari: I am loving Asuncion despite what I think is cold! My "sometimes" grouchy husband is perfectly comfortable and still in shorts! I will be better prepared next time. By the way, I sleep with a down comforter year round in La Paz. Aside from living on board and our cruising days, we have never had a home so near the water and it is great falling asleep to the sound of the surf.

DianaT - 4-28-2009 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
By the way, I sleep with a down comforter year round in La Paz.

Boy, you are going to be right at home in Asuncion. Right when I am out walking in what I think is perfect t-shirt weather, the locals are walking with hats, gloves, and heavy sweatshirts.

When local friends stop by, I will have the windows open enjoying the cold breeze and then I see their lips turning blue---I shut the windows. :lol:

Really glad you are liking Bahia Asuncion.

Diane

Diver - 4-28-2009 at 10:52 AM

One of our favorite winter walks is down to the water and turn right, from your place.

Leaving in Uggs, sweat pants and hooded sweatshirts at 7'ish and returning around 9'ish carrying sweatshirt, pants rolled up and no shoes !
A nice windbreaker is must for afternoons but I do love the cooler eveings for sleeping.

lingililingili - 4-28-2009 at 10:54 AM

Diver: If you aren't taken aback by bed hair stop by some morning for a cup of coffee.

vandenberg - 4-28-2009 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Diver: If you aren't taken aback by bed hair stop by some morning for a cup of coffee.

Ana,"bed hair":?::?:
And you guys must be running low on beer and wine.:?::biggrin:

shari - 4-28-2009 at 01:59 PM

hey Ana, I too suffer from bed hair in the manana...so I wont laugh if you wont...are you here now???? got any kahlua?

BajaGringo - 4-28-2009 at 08:38 PM

God, if I could just get some hair I'd be happy!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bajahowodd - 4-28-2009 at 11:30 PM

I gave up on the hair thing around age thirty. Can't count how much I've saved since then not paying for a hair cut.:P

gnukid - 4-29-2009 at 06:38 AM

Felicidades Vecinos!

I can't wait to visit the vacation ranch in Asuncion!

Pompano - 4-29-2009 at 06:43 AM

When will the golf course be completed in Asuncion? I would like to purchase a fairway-facing home if possible, close to the country club lounge. If none available, ocean view would be okay as a second choice.

lingililingili - 4-29-2009 at 10:34 AM

Sorry: No Kahlua, got a bottle of wine left! We are here, come on over.
Quote:
hey Ana, I too suffer from bed hair in the manana...so I wont laugh if you wont...are you here now???? got any kahlua?

Pompano - why think small??

capt. mike - 4-29-2009 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
When will the golf course be completed in Asuncion? I would like to purchase a fairway-facing home if possible, close to the country club lounge. If none available, ocean view would be okay as a second choice.

lets do CONDOS!!!
2 story ones too.

with pool and jacuzzi

palapa bar.

i am in.

Bajaboy - 4-29-2009 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Quote:

lets do CONDOS!!!
2 story ones too.

with pool and jacuzzi

palapa bar.

i am in.

Get to the back of the line.....

Neal Johns - 4-29-2009 at 01:44 PM

If my poor old Tacoma will go that far south, all you folks posts have convinced me to visit.

There is one condition, since I don't drink and have little hair, and am too old and slow to chase women, is Mountain Dew available?:lol::lol::lol:
Neal and Marian Johns

BajaGringo - 4-29-2009 at 02:06 PM

God, I hope I NEVER get too old to chase women. What would be the point after that???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neal Johns - 4-29-2009 at 02:09 PM

The good news is:
I can't remember why I chased women!:?::?:

KurtG - 4-29-2009 at 02:33 PM

Quote:

I'm creating a website right now with fantastic photos that may or may not be from Asuncion but look real nice anyway, the goal is to take deposits (The Loreto Bay business model) then fold the project and leave with the funds once I can afford to buy your place at Coyote. All this will be done through a couple of cut out corporations so in the end I have complete deniability.

David K - 4-29-2009 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
If my poor old Tacoma will go that far south, all you folks posts have convinced me to visit.

There is one condition, since I don't drink and have little hair, and am too old and slow to chase women, is Mountain Dew available?:lol::lol::lol:
Neal and Marian Johns

Neal... there are some non-sea things to see and do... Shari can show you where to find Megladon (sp?) teeth and there's a lost mission not far from there... in the Sierra Santa Clara! I found the last one (with Corky's help)... so now it's your turn!

shari - 4-29-2009 at 08:18 PM

Neal...it would be an honour to show you around...but it is chilly and windy next month...may is our worst time to come...summers are the bomb...anytime from july-march is nice. AND I have a great selection of herb teas and will make you fresh jamaica! Abalone season starts in a couple days too so you have an invite for dinner.

Wandered over to the pink house today and met lingilingi and esposo. They are lovely folks and will be a welcome asset to our village.

capt. mike - 4-30-2009 at 06:32 AM

All it takes is a good mexican partner.

Some vision and location.

and a willing market.

Sounds like a bunch of Canadians like the area.

there's some of the market.

lingililingili - 4-30-2009 at 10:18 AM

Shari: We like to refer to it as "rose"! Nice to meet you too.

Quote:

Wandered over to the pink house today and met lingilingi and esposo. They are lovely folks and will be a welcome asset to our village.

Pages:  1