BajaNomad

7th Annual Club de Pesca Chili Cook- Off

BajaRob - 5-3-2009 at 07:03 AM

was a huge success. It was a great "we aint got no stinkin flu party. We were lucky enough to win the People's Choice award and I am sure that the free shots of Tequilla and sha
meless begging had nothing to do with the win. Party on.
Whoops, wrong forum

[Edited on 5-3-2009 by BajaRob]

bajalou - 5-3-2009 at 07:18 AM

Congratulation on the win. Too bad I was too late for any chili.
Great party and good to see you and meet some other Nomads. The place was packed, everyone having a great time with all the chili and great music.

[Edited on 5-3-2009 by bajalou]

fdt - 5-3-2009 at 07:23 AM

Great! It's a shame other events were cancelled because of this flu thing.

Thanks Lou

BajaRob - 5-3-2009 at 07:24 AM

It was good to see you and Teina (sp)?. We'll be back next year. If we don't see you, have a great summer in NM.

bigmike - 5-3-2009 at 10:21 PM

It was a great time, very very busy, we didn't win but had alot of fun,
nice meeting you other Nomads there. They should have someone bring us samples of the Chili so we could taste it also as we are stuck behind our table serving. But it was a great event and San Felipe is always fun.
Punta Banda Yacht Club Chili Rocks!! Congrats on Peoples Choice Award
BajaRob.

bajabound2005 - 5-3-2009 at 10:42 PM

we'll put up some pix..right after we get unpacked! Great to meet you other Nomads (and I think we even have a few pix of you!) This was a really flu-free fun time! And great weather...until today. It got hot and we couldn't get out of there and back to punta banda fast enough!

[Edited on 5-5-2009 by bajabound2005]

CortezBlue - 5-4-2009 at 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRob
was a huge success. It was a great "we aint got no stinkin flu party. We were lucky enough to win the People's Choice award and I am sure that the free shots of Tequilla and sha
meless begging had nothing to do with the win. Party on.
Whoops, wrong forum

[Edited on 5-3-2009 by BajaRob]

I hope like hell you used Pork in your chilli!!

[Edited on 5-4-2009 by CortezBlue]

Thanks Mike

BajaRob - 5-4-2009 at 06:47 AM

It was great to meet you and your Punta Banda crew. I forgot to ask you if Baja Mama was still doing her fantastic Sunday Brunch.

bajabound2005 - 5-4-2009 at 08:14 AM

she's doing brunch but fantastic is not a word I would use to describe it.

bigmike - 5-4-2009 at 02:14 PM

Rob It is a Fantastic Brunch!!

DENNIS - 5-4-2009 at 03:05 PM

No, wait a minute. I want to hear Kathleen's description. I never go out there so I need some insight from the best cook in Punta Banda.

BajaWarrior - 5-4-2009 at 07:50 PM

Just got in from San Felipe South Campos.

The Chili Cookoff was a blast. Congradulations to BajaRob for People's Choice, it was HOT!!

Very nice to meet the Punta Banda group, nice to finally put a face with a screen name!

We ran into BajaLou and Tiena on our way out, they were just coming in.

It was just amazing how many people were in attendance, 300? Great band, cold beer, hot chili!

bajabound2005 - 5-4-2009 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
No, wait a minute. I want to hear Kathleen's description. I never go out there so I need some insight from the best cook in Punta Banda.

There is a reason you never go out there; we haven't been there in like 2 years. If you like too much salt in you food- go for it; if you like cigarette ashes in your food - go for it; if you like the same food time after time - go for it. If you're on a high-carb diet - go for it.

The first time (the brunch) it looks pretty amazing but then you have to sit back and analyze your overcooked omelet (an omelet should take about 3 minutes to make...these take at least 20....) and have a good look at what is actually being offered to you. Starch, starch, starch and more starch...oh, and some fresh oysters on the half shell.

bajadock - 5-4-2009 at 08:13 PM

Ahhhh, butt ashes, my favorite ingredient.:o

Any photos from chili feast in S.F.?

DENNIS - 5-4-2009 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
...oh, and some fresh oysters on the half shell.

Just one more reason to keep me away. If shellfish isn't cooked, it belongs on a hook.

bajabound2005 - 5-4-2009 at 09:16 PM

Not a sushi fan, eh, Dennis???

DENNIS - 5-5-2009 at 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
Not a sushi fan, eh, Dennis???

In a word......"YUK."

Thanks Chuck

BajaRob - 5-6-2009 at 10:38 AM

We three shall return next year representing the South Campos. The CCO is held the first Saturday in May. We will do a try out before the event @ the Community Center.