BajaNomad

Bahia de los Angeles Casa PRICE REDUCED

GeoRock - 5-5-2009 at 02:07 PM

Bahia de los Angeles Casa For Sale

Sea of Cortez view from inside and outside house, with 1-minute walk to water and sandy beach.

House is located in “Camp Gecko,” about four miles south of town.

The well-known landowner is the honorable English-speaking Doctor Abraham “Doc” Vazquez.

The landscaped flat lot is size 40 X 50 meters (approximately 0.5 acre).

Current land lease is valid until March 2015, at $730 annual fee, with guaranteed renewal.

Previous carport is enclosed on three sides with 2-foot rock wall and the fourth wall is a house wall. Intentions were to make it a second bedroom; this would be a very easy addition.

Camp Gecko has year-round residents making it a secure location. House is built with contera stone which is local volcanic rock. The stone walls are about 18-inches thick.

To see the house, drive 4 miles south of town to Camp Gecko. As you enter the camp, it is the first residence on the right hand side with a “GeoRock” sign. Ask around for Abraham (Doc), Maryann Humfreville, or Bedman to show you inside the house.

This is your chance to own a Mexico vacation home in one of the most pristine, beautiful and serene Baja locations. It is rare in Bahia to find such a great setup; a low price home with a landowner who has an impeccable reputation. Act quickly!

$54,995.

PRICE REDUCTION on June 3, 2011 to
$38,988.

If interested, email GeoRock88@earthlink.net; phone (760) 934-3464 or (760) 709-1054. Be sure and leave a message if no answer.

[Edited on 5-5-2009 by GeoRock]

[Edited on 6-3-2011 by GeoRock]

Neal Johns - 5-5-2009 at 02:40 PM

Square feet?
Total Watts of solar panels?
Picture?
Reason for selling?

Neal

GeoRock - 5-5-2009 at 02:44 PM

Photo of the fire pit and Sea of Cortez, taken from the roof top.

Reason for selling is that I have purchased a different house.

Other info coming...

GeoRock - 5-5-2009 at 02:51 PM

Kitchen photo

GeoRock - 5-5-2009 at 02:55 PM

Taken from rooftop. Here is a small bit of the incredible view.

Hook - 5-5-2009 at 02:58 PM

Can we have a bigger pic of that firepit, Georock?

tripledigitken - 5-5-2009 at 03:02 PM

Georock,

I have often admired your house from a distance. It's even nicer close up! Good luck with the sale.

Ken

GeoRock - 5-5-2009 at 03:19 PM

solar system puts out 30 amps, which is 360 watts. That will likely increase a bit when we do a little more electric work at the end of this month.

The inside square footage is a total of 612 square feet.

As the outside contera rock walls are 18-inch thick, they are not included in the total square footage.

The bedroom, in which we have a king size bed, is 11.7 feet by 12.5 feet.

The previous car port that has been walled in on three sides with a 2 foot high rock wall, and is adjacent to the bedroom wall of the house, is 16.5 feet by 16.5 feet (272 square feet). That would make a great master bedroom size if walled in the rest of the way. Part of the existing side patio could easily become a hallway from the existing house to a new second bedroom. The side patio could even be easily converted to a large dining room.

Side patio is 9.3 feet by 16.5 feet (153 square feet).

There is lots of land on all sides of the existing house so additions would be very easy to do.
However, please know that the existing house is very comfortable, and does not need to have additions. It is ready to live in as is, and makes a great casa for anyone that loves Baja.

GeoRock - 5-5-2009 at 03:25 PM

Pila is on top of house, over the bathroom.

This is a side view of the house.

Neal Johns - 5-5-2009 at 03:42 PM

Thanks for all the info, Georock.
I will pass this around to all the desert rats I know.
Neal

GeoRock - 5-5-2009 at 04:01 PM

Appreciate that Neal. We have had a lot of really fun times in this house. We are sad to be selling it, but know that whoever buys it will enjoy it thoroughly. Did I mention the house is immaculate? I like to keep a clean place so whoever moves in can expect a clean place.

If anyone is interested, I wouldn't wait too long on this deal. It is the lowest priced house in all of the bay, and on probably the safest land with a terrific landowner. Houses don't actually come up for sale often in Bahia. HURRY !

Picture taken from front porch.

captainkettel - 7-11-2009 at 05:53 PM

Did this place sell yet? Thanks...

GeoRock - 7-24-2009 at 02:26 PM

Hello Captain Kettel,
The house is still available. Email me for more info at georock88 at earthlink dot net.

GeoRock/Suzanne

LYM - 2-20-2010 at 09:00 AM

Is it still for sale and if so has the price changed? Is camp Gecko for sale too?

GeoRock - 2-20-2010 at 11:07 AM

Hi LYM,
Camp Gecko is NOT for sale, but the house is still for sale.
The price is lowered to $49,900.
If you are interested, you are welcome to U2 me your email and we can talk.

Price Reduction !!!!!!

GeoRock - 6-3-2011 at 02:21 PM

This house is still for sale.

Price is now reduced to $38,988.

If anyone is interested, it is best to email me at:

GeoRock88 at earthlink dot net

wilderone - 6-5-2011 at 08:31 AM

Is there a caretaker of any type for when you're not there? Who are your close neighbors? I am not technilogically oriented, so a solar power system might be a challenge. What type of maintenance does the power system require? I am interested. What would transfer/title costs be?

David K - 6-5-2011 at 09:22 AM

This is in the center of Camp Gecko, a vacation home community operated by Dr. ('Doc') Abraham... Perhaps the safeset person to rent land from and place to buy a home at... 4 miles from town. A bunch of Nomads also have places there or very close by.

wilderone - 6-6-2011 at 07:25 AM

I am familiar with this casa. I was camping nearby when a couple guys who were staying at that casa invited me for dinner. We had a fine evening. Don't remember their names - they had a sm. aluminum boat. Any Nomad remember that?

Martyman - 6-6-2011 at 10:32 AM

Maybe Dave Moore? He was the previos owner.

GeoRock - 6-8-2011 at 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
I am familiar with this casa. I was camping nearby when a couple guys who were staying at that casa invited me for dinner. We had a fine evening. Don't remember their names - they had a sm. aluminum boat. Any Nomad remember that?

I can assure you that the casa is nothing like what you saw when the previous owner had it. An extreme amount of work has been done to it, both inside and outside. If you saw it now, you would swear it is not the same house.

Questions? Let me know.

Paulina - 6-8-2011 at 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoRock

I can assure you that the casa is nothing like what you saw when the previous owner had it. An extreme amount of work has been done to it, both inside and outside. If you saw it now, you would swear it is not the same house.

Questions? Let me know.

I'll second that comment. Georock has done a very nice job in renovating her house.

P>*)))>{

Debra - 6-8-2011 at 02:38 PM

Georock, I see that your beach photo shows my casita before my upgrades.

Georock is right, many Nomads have places there and we have the most trusted "land lord" in the village. Someone is most always there and if others do as I do, we go around and shake the doors and windows, never have I heard of anything going missing (except when we share, but, we always return) :biggrin: