BajaNomad

A GREAT FRIEND, BAJAMUR, has died...

David K - 5-7-2009 at 10:44 PM

This was on the Internet, L.A. Times... I looked it up after a friend of Murray sent me a message.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RC motorcyclist found dead in Lytle Creek
Posted: 05/07/2009 12:30:29 PM PDT

The body of a missing Rancho Cucamonga motorcyclist was found on a Lytle Creek trail by searchers scanning the area from a helicopter.
San Bernardino County sheriff's personnel, who had relatives of 49-year-old Murray Carver flying in the helicopter with them, spotted the man's body at 11:50 a.m., said spokeswoman Jodi Miller.

Deputies lowered a paramedic from the helicopter down to the man, whose body was about 13 miles from his truck. The paramedic confirmed the man had died, Miller said. His cause of death was not known.

Sheriff's personnel remained on scene this afternoon, waiting on officials from the San Bernardino County Coroner's Department.

Carver left his home Wednesday morning and told his girlfriend he'd return about 1 p.m. When he didn't return, his girlfriend tried to find him. She located his truck on a dirt road near a Sierra Avenue gas station north of the 15 Freeway at the borders of Fontana and Rialto.

Carver, who was riding a white-and-blue Suzuki dirt bike, planned to take the trail to an area called Joe Elliot campground and head back to his truck. He never returned.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is quite a shock, and I would like to hope there is some mistake, but the age, hometown, and activity all say it is tru.

Murray and I traveled to Mision Santa Maria together 10 years ago, this month... and he has been a great guy always... Called me often to talk about the latest Baja fishing trips... We would meet up when he was in the area... This is a shocker. Mur lived life to the fullest and always enjoyed his Baja times... Talked fondly of his time with Fishin' Rich and flew sevaral times with the late Doug Bowles...

Murray has 6 children, and my heart goes out to them for their loss!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some photos of Murray from a few years ago (Mision Santa Maria trip, Viva Baja #2 & #3)

1999:

2001:

2002:

VAYA CON DIOS AMIGO!

fishbuck - 5-7-2009 at 10:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend David. I crashed on my motocross bike in early January and took an ambulance ride to the hospital. I'm sort of okay now.
Again, sorry about your friend. Seemed like a good guy.

tripledigitken - 5-8-2009 at 01:01 AM

DK,

So sorry to hear the news of your friend. My thoughts go out to his family, with six children makes it even sadder.

Ken

woody with a view - 5-8-2009 at 05:16 AM

RIP:saint:

DENNIS - 5-8-2009 at 06:30 AM

Way too young for this. Condolences to the family and friends. DEP

rip

stimbo - 5-8-2009 at 07:05 AM

So sorry... condolences to his family and friends.

bent-rim - 5-8-2009 at 10:33 AM

David, I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a friend, especially at a young age. I guess the only solace is that he was doing something he enjoyed.

Bajaboy - 5-8-2009 at 10:37 AM

Sad, sad...so sorry DK.

Mexitron - 5-8-2009 at 10:51 AM

Sorry for your buddy, David.

24baja - 5-8-2009 at 11:05 AM

Will keep you and Bajamur's family in my prayers, God bless, Connie

Cypress - 5-8-2009 at 11:16 AM

:(

ofer - 5-8-2009 at 12:20 PM

wow I am in shock! use to follow many of his adventures on the old Amigos board and talked with Doug bowels about their flights together now they are both gone.

what a loss for the kids and family.

RIP

fdt - 5-8-2009 at 12:51 PM

Very sad news indeed.

David K - 5-8-2009 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ofer
wow I am in shock! use to follow many of his adventures on the old Amigos board and talked with Doug bowels about their flights together now they are both gone.

what a loss for the kids and family.

RIP

Thank you ofer... it has been a long time since we communicated last!

Thanks to the rest of you, as well!

I have asked my web host to SAVE BajaMur's web site of our trip to Mision Santa Maria in May, 1999 so it would not be lost (at least as long as I am alive)... Much of Mur's web site of his other trips and family was lost when AOL made some changes several months ago, sadly.

Still some tinkering to do with it... Buit the thumbnail photos do enlarge when you click on them and the large panorama at the mission Murray took is saved, as well: http://vivabaja.com/Bajamur

Paulina - 5-8-2009 at 02:31 PM

What terrible news. I'm so very sorry. David, please give our best to his family.

Paulina y Dern y Cody

David K - 5-8-2009 at 02:42 PM

Thanks Paulina... I only knew Mur, never been to his homes in the L.A. area.

Minnow was closer a friend to Mur, saw him more often... and Mur was even riding Minnow's m/c when he died... See Minnow's posts over on BajaGringo's TalkBaja.com forum.

Sad news, indeed...David...

Mexray - 5-8-2009 at 09:09 PM

...life is so precious, and it's unnerving when we hear of a close friend's passing...

condolences to Murray's loved ones and his true friends in this 'Nomad' neck of the woods...

be careful out there...

AmoPescar - 5-10-2009 at 12:06 AM

VERY SAD NEWS...WHAT A TRAGEDY!!

BajaMur was a really great guy and fun to be around. Such a tragedy to happen at such a young age! At least he passed away while doing something he truely loved to do.

RIP BajaMur

Miguelamo :saint:

[Edited on 5-10-2009 by AmoPescar]

bajamikey - 5-10-2009 at 12:28 AM

rip

vgabndo - 5-10-2009 at 12:04 PM

I was just gearing up to go for a ride with some buddies, we usually get a little too sideways for our Medicare age. Mur's legacy at least for today will be to remind me to have a great time (with a large margin for error.) RIP :no:

bacquito - 5-10-2009 at 04:34 PM

Sorry for the loss and the sorrow experienced by his family. Life is unpredictable.

Bob H - 5-10-2009 at 07:27 PM

David... I'm very sorry - he was way too young. You will always have wonderful memories that will never be forgotton.
RIP Bajamur!
Bob H

BAJACAT - 5-10-2009 at 09:36 PM

Sorry David for this tragic news, Baja has gain another star...

Cyanide41 - 5-11-2009 at 06:54 AM

This is sad. I wonder what the circumstances were. I hope that he at least got to enjoy his last ride. RIP.

woody with a view - 5-11-2009 at 08:02 AM

well said, cyanide.

except for the grieving friends and family, i want to go out paddling around some empty lineup in baja!!!!

there's something to be said for dying while doing what you love!!!!! or maybe that'll just pee your soul off-not being able to finish what you were doing and then drop dead afterwards???

What Happened? Heart Attack??

David K - 5-11-2009 at 08:26 AM

The only new thing I could find on the Internet this morning was this:

Coroner case 700903045 VN: On Wednesday, May 6, 2009, at about 10:00 AM, 49 year Rancho Cucamonga resident Murray E. Carver left his home ride his motorcycle in the hills north of town. When he did not return that afternoon searches were initiated along the trails he was known to ride. The following day (Thursday, May 7th) at about 11:00 AM, Sheriff Aviation located Carver’s body along a winding trail approximately 3.5 miles north of Chaffey College. An examination will be conducted early next week to attempt to determine the cause of Carver’s death. [05/07/09 1915 VN]