Corky1 - 5-11-2009 at 01:41 PM

WANTED--
Home or Mobil in San Matias
Thanks,

Bajahowodd - 5-11-2009 at 04:27 PM

Porque???

Corky1 - 5-11-2009 at 04:30 PM

I am an offroader.
Mainly motorcycles. Not a beach person or fisherman.
Still close enough for the wife to go north and shop??

Bajahowodd - 5-11-2009 at 04:52 PM

North? Like to Ensenada?

David K - 5-11-2009 at 05:06 PM

Corky, if you still have contact with Max in Yuma ('gilaoro'), I believe he had a good connection in San Matias. It was a while ago, but I think you joined Max and Bill B when Bill B tried to get up to El Marmol in Arroyo el Volcan from just below El Huerfanito... You guys ran into a dry waterfall that blocked access to an otherwise easy ride to Hwy. 1 from the gulf side, verdad?

DEVEAU - 5-12-2009 at 11:02 AM

Can I come vist? You could open a gas station!

Corky

BajaRob - 5-12-2009 at 03:10 PM

We have three sets of friends plus Steeker's friend Jim that have homes in San Matias. Most of them are fishing in Bahia Acuncion @ the moment. I can check with them this weekend when they return if you like.

Corky1 - 5-12-2009 at 04:34 PM

Rob,
That would be nice.
Always good to have a contact in the area.
Thanks,
Corky

Oso - 5-12-2009 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Corky, if you still have contact with Max in Yuma ('gilaoro'), I believe he had a good connection in San Matias. It was a while ago, but I think you joined Max and Bill B when Bill B tried to get up to El Marmol in Arroyo el Volcan from just below El Huerfanito... You guys ran into a dry waterfall that blocked access to an otherwise easy ride to Hwy. 1 from the gulf side, verdad?

Haven't heard anything from Max in quite awhile. Last was that he'd unretired and gone back to driving truck, Any news?

David K - 5-12-2009 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Haven't heard anything from Max in quite awhile. Last was that he'd unretired and gone back to driving truck, Any news?

Max/ Gilaoro... in center (wife Polly on the right and Marian Johns on the left) in Feb. 2003:

In May, 2003 Max, Polly and I went four wheeling up Matomi and the Llanos de San Fermin... here was our lunch stop:

They were building a beach cabin about 12-15 miles north of Puertecitos. Soon after, they sold the project... I believe it was due to health care needs?

Max was a hobbiest gold prospector and had some great stories of big nuggets in Baja! It would be good to hear from him again!

Corky1 - 5-26-2009 at 07:29 AM

Up date on Max & Polly.
He and Molly are full time RV'rs.
He gave me this info to Pass on:
P.O. Box 399 Morris town, AZ 85342. phone # 623-687-8387.
E-mail gilaoro@yahoo.com
I'm sure he would like to here from his old friends.

Corky

San Matias Real Estate

BajaRob - 5-26-2009 at 07:57 AM

We just spent four days camping at Laguna Hanson with friends that have a home there. There is one very nice home for sale with 4 lots for $69,000. There are several lots for sale from $4000. The price of the lots is dependent on distance to electrical hook up. Water is supplied every other day.