BajaNomad

Venezuela?

Pages:  1    3

fishbuck - 5-18-2009 at 10:43 PM

Anybody ever been there? Ya, I know it's not Baja. But I met the most beautiful girl in the world and she lives there. And I'm hoping she will live with me in Baja some day.

BajaNuts - 5-18-2009 at 10:56 PM

sounds like you have a trip ahead of you.

I'm looking forward to the trip reports and pics of this lovely lady!
A~

Bajaboy - 5-18-2009 at 10:57 PM

Bucky-

You need to open a chicken ranch!

Zac

fishbuck - 5-18-2009 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Bucky-

You need to open a chicken ranch!

Zac

Well, that's my backup plan.

But I'd much prefer this lady if she'll have me.:cool:

Bajahowodd - 5-18-2009 at 11:13 PM

What's your point, fishy? Yeah. Venezuela is an exciting, vibrant, modern country. But, if your hoping to have this senorita live with you in Baja, what possible information would you need from us?

bajadogs - 5-18-2009 at 11:19 PM

Yes. I went when I was 22 back in 89-90. Unbelievably beautiful country with unbelievably beautiful people. I was broken hearted and trying to get as far away from people as I could. I brought $80 and a backpack and I did OK. When I came back I went into a depression wondering why I came home. I've been aching to go back to Venezuela.

Fishbuck,
Go there. You will not regret it. It is truly beautiful.

fishbuck - 5-18-2009 at 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
What's your point, fishy? Yeah. Venezuela is an exciting, vibrant, modern country. But, if your hoping to have this senorita live with you in Baja, what possible information would you need from us?

Okay wood. Does anyone know what the differences are between Baja culture and Venezuela culture.
I talked to her on the phone and the spanish sounds different.
More like italian I guess. Maybe more european sounding.

fishbuck - 5-18-2009 at 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
Yes. I went when I was 22 back in 89-90. Unbelievably beautiful country with unbelievably beautiful people. I was broken hearted and trying to get as far away from people as I could. I brought $80 and a backpack and I did OK. When I came back I went into a depression wondering why I came home. I've been aching to go back to Venezuela.

Fishbuck,
Go there. You will not regret it. It is truly beautiful.

Well, I know there is atleast one astonishingly beautiful lady there!
She has agreed to come here so I'm not sure if I'll make it there. I would like to. Lots of beaches. My kind of place.

bajadogs - 5-18-2009 at 11:34 PM

Very formal, in dress and language. It is very European with some Portuguese. I was laughed out of Caracas with my Flojo sandals, tank top and Baja slang. Big no-no.

Bajahowodd - 5-18-2009 at 11:36 PM

Bingo. I don't want this to sound condescending, but as far as language goes, Mexico is viewed within Latin America as somewhat of a low-life. Aside from the obvious Portugese influence and language in Brazil, South America is much more European in culture than is Mexico.

bajadogs - 5-19-2009 at 12:08 AM

Best of luck to you Fishbuck. I say go to Venezuela. Have you ever regretted a journey? Bring decent clothes and act like you know what your doing. Go get her man!!!

TheColoradoDude - 5-19-2009 at 12:47 AM

I'll go with ya!

[Edited on 5-19-2009 by TheColoradoDude]

LOSARIPES - 5-19-2009 at 04:07 AM

Go... best of lucks... just watch out for "Mr. Potato Head" Hugo Chavez...
They speak Spanish just like Mexicans. In fact, of all Spanish speaking American countries, Venezuela and Mexico are the two that sound most alike...

dtbushpilot - 5-19-2009 at 05:26 AM

If you need a wing man I'm available........dt

capt. mike - 5-19-2009 at 06:09 AM

dt - me too, lets go to angel falls.
BBP has venezuela on the cenam trips off and on.

they need to wake up and off chavez.

Udo - 5-19-2009 at 07:00 AM

Hey Bucky!
I lived in Venezuela from 1950 to 1963 (when we came to the US). It really is gorgeous country there, not unlike many parts of mainland Mexico. We lived in Caracas, Macuto and Puerto Azul. During my 13 years of being there, when the public did not like a president, he was killed by someone. I lived through 5 presidential deaths (if I can remember right).
A good portion of repeat Miss Universe winners have been from Venezuela.

David K - 5-19-2009 at 07:12 AM

Contact Ken Cooke (Baja Ken) about dating girls in South America... He has flown to Peru and Columbia...

There are good women here in America, still... FYI.:light:

rts551 - 5-19-2009 at 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Contact Ken Cooke (Baja Ken) about dating girls in South America... He has flown to Peru and Columbia...

There are good women here in America, still... FYI.:light:

Venezuela is in America. Just happens to South America.

Go for it Fishbuck...Another adventure!

bajamigo - 5-19-2009 at 07:51 AM

Tijuana, now Venezuela. Let me know when you meet a nice girl from Antarctica.

bill erhardt - 5-19-2009 at 08:05 AM

The price of gasoline today in Venezuela is 12 cents (US) per gallon, and there is good fishing offshore. A lot of wind and rough seas, however. It would probably require a bigger boat than mine, but saving a hundred dollars or so a day on fuel......... Cheap gas, good fishing and beautiful women. Go for it, Fishbuck.

mtgoat666 - 5-19-2009 at 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

Okay wood. Does anyone know what the differences are between Baja culture and Venezuela culture.
I talked to her on the phone and the spanish sounds different.
More like italian I guess. Maybe more european sounding.

Many telenovellas are produced in Ven -- Watch the Ven telenovellas on Mex TV to get a sense for Ven spanish, it has kind of a sing-songy sound.
Ven is very diff than baja, and your internet lady may not like frontier culture of baja. The country is quite varied, so hard to type-cast Ven culture. What area/city is your internet lady from?
By the way, many Ven women are a handful, a bit more demanding than Mex women, watch out what you get yourself into :lol:
Also, if you think traveling in Baja is sort of unsafe, you will find Ven to be quite unsafe, they got some social/political unrest and lots of street crime (fyi, I find Ven safe enough for my tastes, but I have higher tolerance than nomads here that are fearful of baja)

Hugo's Paradise

MrBillM - 5-19-2009 at 08:59 AM

Just be sure the Gal isn't related to Hugo Chavez OR named Matilda.

I heard from one guy that Matilda took his money and run Venezuela.

fdt - 5-19-2009 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Anybody ever been there? Ya, I know it's not Baja. But I met the most beautiful girl in the world and she lives there. And I'm hoping she will live with me in Baja some day.

You might be on the right track there because it has happened before and pretty famous also.
Miss Universe from Venezuela Maritza Sayalero married tennis pro Raul Ramirez and they live in Ensenada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritza_Sayalero

Now, on the Miss Universe subject and closer to home we have Lupita Jones from Mexicali who happens to be single :wow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupita_Jones

Maybe you should hire me as your research team :light:

capt. mike - 5-19-2009 at 02:28 PM

nice shot of the general Bill!!

Oso - 5-19-2009 at 05:07 PM

My first serious girlfriend was from Venezuela, very independent minded but that may have just been her. Generally the culture has no use for feminism. Beauty pageants are a way of life and charm schools prepping contestants as well as cosmetic surgery are major industries. If you get Univision, watch BIENVENIDOS. It's an hour of short comedy sketches, hot babes and risque' jokes from Venezuela. The Spanish is very clear and easy to follow if you're reasonably fluent in Mexican Spanish (As opposed to Spain, Cuba or PR) Caution: The annual "vacation" show from Isla Margarita will make it difficult to get your eyes back in their sockets. Viva la tanga!

fishbuck - 5-19-2009 at 06:13 PM

Okay, if I can still get a ticket I may go this weekend for a few days. Ya, I know un poco loco.
She lives in San Felipe. Closest major city Valencia.
I'll be leaving out of TJ airport flying into Caracas and renting a car to meet her at Puerto Cabello.
That's all I know so far.
Except she is way prettier than the girls in the pageant pictures.

[Edited on 5-20-2009 by fishbuck]

tjBill - 5-19-2009 at 06:41 PM

I traveled around South America and found Venezuela the least interesting. Caracas is the most dangerous city I've been too.

Nonetheless, Venezuela women are considered attractive.

woody with a view - 5-19-2009 at 06:48 PM

and how do you know that the picture is really her? i'm assuming you didn't fall over your heels just talking on the phone!

i have a friend who knew a chick in russia. long/short it wasn't 1/32nd what he had in mind......

[Edited on 5-20-2009 by woody in ob]

fishbuck - 5-19-2009 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
and how do you know that the picture is really her? i'm assuming you didn't fall over your heels just talking on the phone!

i have a friend who knew a chick in russia. long/short it wasn't 1/32nd what he had in mind......

[Edited on 5-20-2009 by woody in ob]

It's certainly a possibillity. And then it will just be a very short vacation to Venezuela.
Are there any "Ladies Bars" in Caracas. You know, just in case.
I guess I could hire a private investigator to find out if this is really her. Or I could just go there.

woody with a view - 5-19-2009 at 07:43 PM

i'd just go.....

fishbuck - 5-20-2009 at 02:22 AM

Okay, we are getting closer to a decision here.
I have the trip planned out. The only snag is that a rental car is $75/day minimum. But gas is like 12 cents/gal.
But still I think I'll take the $200 commuter plane from Caracas to Valencia or maybe Puerto Cabella.
What ever she wants.
She told me that we could find an Inn on the beach near there. And I told her that I wanted to sit with her on the beach and drink cold drinks.
I really hope she looks like her photos. ;)

fdt - 5-20-2009 at 06:23 AM

Quote:
She told me that we could find an Inn on the beach near there.

An Inn? On the first date? Not you fishbuck, tell her you're not that kind of guy. ;D

lizard lips - 5-20-2009 at 06:38 AM

Fish,

I assume your flying into Caracas with Mexicana Airlines. Thats what I take all the time. Be careful at the airport in Caracas with the taxis if you are going in to town. Make sure you use a licensed taxi and not some guy who just has his own car. It's a rip off and is dangerous and it takes you about an hour depending on what time of day it is from the airport to the city. You should take the commuter flight to Valencia and by-pass Caracas altogether.

You will have several people approach you as well for money exchange and again use an authorized casa de cambio. Be smart and keep all your things you don't want stolen somewhere secure. Lot's of pick pockets at the airport.

BE CAREFUL MY FRIEND---- I have always lived by the rule: If it looks like it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

I have traveled all over Venezuela and the people their are very nice and the women are extremely beautiful but I think you should wait and communicate with her for a while longer just to make sure this isn't a set up. If you do go give a friend of yours all of the information you have for this woman including a land line phone, not a cell phone. An address that you may have used to send her something in the past and maybe even ask her for a complete address for someone else like a family member.

Contact the American Embassy in Caracas and register with them as well. If something happens at the very least they can not say that you did not inform them of your stay in Venezuela.

Have fun and I really hope this works out for you but be very careful! Try and have a friend come with you. You can always return by your self later if this works out.

[Edited on 03/08/2009 by lizard lips]

vandenberg - 5-20-2009 at 06:53 AM

Let's hope that this safari gets you a gazelle and not a rhino.:biggrin::biggrin:

But, Nomads are known to take chances, right?

David K - 5-20-2009 at 09:00 AM

Fishbuck: Please do exacly as Lizard Lips says... HE is an expert on Latin America travel & safety.

We want you safe so you can enjoy a long life in Baja...

tu amigo,
David

bajamigo - 5-20-2009 at 09:42 AM

Following up on LL's comments, I would advise you to post the pictures you have of her on this bulletin board. This way, we could help you validate your judgment (which may be impaired by infatuation) and be able to help the authorities if that becomes necessary.
:yes:
Have a great trip!

dtbushpilot - 5-20-2009 at 10:01 AM

Sounds like you definitely need a wing man......when do we leave?:lol:...dt

shari - 5-20-2009 at 10:07 AM

hmmm...sounds like a setup is possible so I think you should take me too so I can do some sleuthing. I'll pack my thong so I can go undercover....ya think Juan would let me go?

lizard lips - 5-20-2009 at 10:09 AM

Thanks Baja Amigo! Good advice and I missed it. You need a job? Come work for me.......

dtbushpilot - 5-20-2009 at 10:09 AM

About as likely as Jill letting me go.......dt

fishbuck - 5-20-2009 at 03:44 PM

I wish one of you could go with me! I'm a bit nervous and have not yet committed myself.
But here's a picture:

Cypress - 5-20-2009 at 03:54 PM

About that picture.:tumble: And that is one heck of a good looking lady.:) Who took the picture?:D

fishbuck - 5-20-2009 at 03:55 PM

You should see the others!;D

vandenberg - 5-20-2009 at 03:57 PM

Quote:

Waiting.:?::?::?::biggrin:

David K - 5-20-2009 at 03:57 PM

Mike... have you talked with Ken Cooke for any insight? Ken is 'dating' a gal in Colombia (after Peru and Colombia #1 didn't work out)...

[Edited on 5-20-2009 by David K]

DENNIS - 5-20-2009 at 03:58 PM

Oh me oh my.....is that for real or is it one of those really expensive blow-up dolls? I'd take either one.

BajaGringo - 5-20-2009 at 04:07 PM

Lived and worked there 10 years ago. Fascinating place, beautiful women and lots to do. It also comes with its own unique set of problems and peculiarities but is definitely worth seeing. I spent a lot of years in South America, in different countries and have nothing but wonderful memories.

I know your taste in women and they are plentiful there.

Go for it...

fishbuck - 5-20-2009 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:

Another little one:

rts551 - 5-20-2009 at 04:22 PM

Bucky.

First pic was nice. This one is in a shower (like in public shower). be careful

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:

Another little one:

dtbushpilot - 5-20-2009 at 04:53 PM

She reminds me of my old friend Emersom.......Emersom Biggens.:bounce::bounce::bounce:....dt

ps: I checked with Jill, she said "go ahead and go"......guess I'll be staying home.....good luck fish......

[Edited on 5-20-2009 by dtbushpilot]

woody with a view - 5-20-2009 at 04:57 PM

best case = cold drinks and get lucky!
worst case = come home missing a kidney...

when are you going to be back home? i can't wait for all the details.....:o:wow:

woody with a view - 5-20-2009 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
I wish one of you could go with me! I'm a bit nervous and have not yet committed myself.
But here's a picture:

let's study the foto.... why are the buildings behind her blurry? why do the cars on the street look not so blurry.

on the plus side, i don't notice an adam's apple!

:light:

desertcpl - 5-20-2009 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
But here's a picture:

WOW,,, when does the plane leave

desertcpl - 5-20-2009 at 05:05 PM

but that really looks like high maintenance

David K - 5-20-2009 at 05:12 PM

woody: "let's study the foto.... why are the buildings behind her blurry? why do the cars on the street look not so blurry.

on the plus side, i don't notice an adam's apple!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scary... Perhaps you should meet more than one lady after such a long trip... just in case #1 uses photoshop to alter her appearance. Have you done a live webcam chat with her?

bajadogs - 5-20-2009 at 05:48 PM

I don't have many pics of my trip in 89-90 but this is my fave. I was stranded on an island for a few days, immersing myself with the natives. That's me on the left.

Fishbuck, I think your lady looks high-maintenance. Honest opinion. Best of luck to you amigo.

Venezuela1990.jpg - 47kB

DENNIS - 5-20-2009 at 05:56 PM

High maintenance? So what. When she needs an overhaul, trade her in for another one.

bajadogs - 5-20-2009 at 06:01 PM

I guess that works if you treat your women like you treat your cars Dennis.

Mulegena - 5-20-2009 at 06:02 PM

Ask yourself, "What is her agenda, FishMan?"

1. You got eaten by a shark::
She's a scammer and you will come to harm.
2. You got caught without your fishing license:
She's a scammer and you could find yourself in trouble.
3. Future Can of Worms:
She's a scammer and wants a US husband
and greencard for her extended family members.
4. The smell of fish and houseguests after 3 days:
She's a scammer and your eyes are open.

Cuidado, my hermano. Usa inteligencia, razon y el corazon!

[Edited on 5-21-2009 by Mulegena]

fishbuck - 5-20-2009 at 07:12 PM

I'm having some cold feet about this.

It's very difficult for me to plan out the transportation issues from here.
I'm stuck with the commuter plane to Valencia.
I arrive at 6:30am and the only flight I could find is in the evening. Maybe there are others but I can't find any reliable info.
I made a car reservation. So maybe I can try and find the right flights to and from Valencia and if I do I skip the car. Or just drive the car.
It's about 70 miles to Valencia and another 20 miles to Puerto Ceballo. That's where I plan to meet up with here and then to the beach.
This is doable. All I need to do is show up at TJ airport on Friday and get on the plane. I didn't buy the ticket yet but still can.
I called her tonight. She can hear me perfectly but her words are cut short a little so I can't really understand. She speaks spanish too.
I read my spanish off my computer and then send her a copy by email.
I told her I was a little nervous and maybe we should wait until we know each other a little better.
I'm waiting for her response.
The other snag on the travel plan is that the return flight keeps me at the terminal in Mexico City for 8+ hours for the connecting flight. Ouch!
But I think I may jump into a cab and find a hotel with a pool to hang out at for the day.
Anybody know a nice hotel in Mex City with a nice pool/bar?

vandenberg - 5-20-2009 at 07:39 PM

I think we're about ready for a "DEAR ABBY" forum.
:biggrin::biggrin:

gnukid - 5-20-2009 at 08:08 PM

No, no. no! Que loco eres! Y por que! Sabes que va a pasar! Es obvio. Evidente ella no puede encuentrar un hombre ahi? Ella es muy falsa y tan rapido? Y por que, si se puedes disfrutar una bonita mas circa, mas tranquila, mas ranchera, una Pacena o de Aguas Caliente o otra partes como una hija de pescaderos. Ya Fishbuck deja ella por que no es Mexicana verdad como te gustas, ya. Por emplo ella no puede hacer tortillas, tamales, chiliquiles y cafe como te gustas, como mujere. Que estas piensando? Eres de aqui. No vas lococito nino. Mejore traquilo aqui, Cuidate mucho

Udo - 5-20-2009 at 08:14 PM

Alomejor ella puede hacer Arepas. Esas son mejor que tamales. Y seguramente, allacas son mejor que tamales tambiem.
Fishbuck, es mejor si manejas el carro para Valencia. Es como una hora y media.

BajaGringo - 5-20-2009 at 08:23 PM

Quote:

I arrive at 6:30am and the only flight I could find is in the evening. Maybe there are others but I can't find any reliable info.
I made a car reservation. So maybe I can try and find the right flights to and from Valencia and if I do I skip the car. Or just drive the car.
It's about 70 miles to Valencia and another 20 miles to Puerto Ceballo. That's where I plan to meet up with here and then to the beach.
This is doable. All I need to do is show up at TJ airport on Friday and get on the plane. I didn't buy the ticket yet but still can.
I called her tonight. She can hear me perfectly but her words are cut short a little so I can't really understand. She speaks spanish too.
I told her I was a little nervous and maybe we should wait until we know each other a little better.
The other snag on the travel plan is that the return flight keeps me at the terminal in Mexico City for 8+ hours for the connecting flight. Ouch!
But I think I may jump into a cab and find a hotel with a pool to hang out at for the day.

You can hire a car from the airport to take you straight to where she is at for not a lot of money. I have been there many times and left a few girlfriends along the way. For some reason I found that the region around Valencia - Maracay - San Carlos to be absolutely overloaded with gorgeous women.

Memories...

:rolleyes:

Bajaboy - 5-20-2009 at 08:30 PM

Buck-

Would it be cheaper to look on Craigslist?:biggrin:

bajadock - 5-20-2009 at 08:47 PM

Mike,
I am impresssed with your public expression of your bachelorhood. If it works for you, good on you mate.

I have few rules for my soltero lifestyle, but, one of them is the 2 hour drive rule. I have stretched this due to border wait times since moving here.

That rule can be eliminated by the "she pilots a private jet" rule, but I haven't had the chance to play that one as of this writing. You pilots know better than me.

I'm favoring Ensenada singles scene vs. U.S. It's especially good now, unfortunately, due to a very dismal business climate here.

"Porque no te Callas?"

Gypsy Jan - 5-20-2009 at 08:48 PM

As the King of Spain said to Hugo Chavez at the Summit. (Sorry, don't remember which summit and I am too lazy to look up the alt codes for the upside down diacritical, yes this is for you, Oso!)

My husband loved that comment so much that he made it his ring tone.

fdt - 5-20-2009 at 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
She reminds me of my old friend Emersom.......Emersom Biggens.:bounce::bounce::bounce:....dt

ps: I checked with Jill, she said "go ahead and go"......

Reminded me of my old friend Tina Boom Boom.:wow:

ps: I wouldn't even bother asking Simone :rolleyes::saint::rolleyes:

Ken Cooke - 5-20-2009 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Mike... have you talked with Ken Cooke for any insight? Ken is 'dating' a gal in Colombia (after Peru and Colombia #1 didn't work out)...

[Edited on 5-20-2009 by David K]

I'm not one to give up. hehehe!!:bounce:

Ken Cooke - 5-20-2009 at 09:43 PM

Quote:

Fishbuck,

You gotta provide some particulars. I have learned plenty about South American women since my divorce. Where did you meet this woman? On an Agency website? Did you ask her what her motives are? Will you be hiring a translator? I agree that South American Spanish (or Castellano) sounds dramatically different. You'll get used to the dialect in time.

Just take your time and don't rush into marriage or anything with her. Get to know who she really is, and spend some time in her community before getting serious about anything. Also, watch for the story about $needing money$ because this will come up. If she asks you for money, tell her your friend Ken Cooke told you to say, "No".

My gf Leidys has cousins in Caracas, and she wants to visit there sometime soon. I know a guy through JustRuns 4WD club in San Diego who has a gf from Caracas as well. She's very nice/sincere and they've lived together in San Diego for the past couple of years. I can get you his contact info - his gf will give you her opinion. I also have a translator in Barranquilla, Colombia who can call the girl for you and ask her some questions to feel out if she's sincere or not. The main point I want you to be aware of is to be careful and not gullible or anything.

I know several attractive, eligible American women, but I'm a one Leidys man!LOL

Here's my travel advice:

Don't rent a car - travel light, appear humble/independent.
Practice your Spanish before leaving.
Buy a LONELY PLANET GUIDEBOOK before leaving.
Pack a pocket-sized dictionary before leaving.
Hire a translator/guard - los sequestros operate in Venezuela.
Don't take gifts - just show up for dinner and dancing.
Watch your back. Not many Gringos in that part of the world.

fishbuck - 5-20-2009 at 09:43 PM

Quote:
Buck-

That's my joke about why I can't get a date with a goodlooking SoCal girl. They are all in Craigslist for about $300+/hour.:no:

Stay away from Craigslist

Ken Cooke - 5-20-2009 at 09:54 PM

Contrary to DavidK's advice, you can meet sincere women in South America, but many are opportunistic - seeking a way to get themselves and their boyfriends out of their home countries. Just stay on the alert, because you need to know this.

When I met Leidys, I was EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS. With American women, I'm even more cautious - I just don't trust them.

In February, I visited my gf Leidys and met her father Raul and the rest of her family. The tall, attractive cousin is available, btw. :bounce::light:

Leidys w/her father Raul - Great People

Leidys' cousins

Hotel staff at Caribbean Gold-Barranquilla

Chilling w/my South American queen

Mulegena - 5-20-2009 at 09:59 PM

Beauty is as Beauty does.

That's just one of the laws of nature.
As I told a dear friend just today,
life reflects back at us just like a mirror.

Ken Cooke - 5-20-2009 at 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Beauty is as Beauty does.

That's just one of the laws of nature.
As I told a dear friend just today,
life reflects back at us just like a mirror.

:bounce::bounce:I feel an adventure getting ready to take place!:bounce::bounce:

David K - 5-20-2009 at 10:07 PM

Ken posted:
"Stay away from Craigslist
Contrary to DavidK's advice, you can meet sincere women in South America, but many are opportunistic - seeking a way to get themselves and their boyfriends out of their home countries."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to be clear... I didn't advise using Craigslist... I only said to consult Ken for advice and Lizard Lips for procedures, as he is a frequent traveler to the area.

My opinion is that there are plenty of good women in America (that's the U.S. of America) and traveling international only to find a wife is not necessary and may be dangerous, if not just plain expensive.

None the less, enjoy life and be safe!

[Edited on 5-21-2009 by David K]

Ken Cooke - 5-20-2009 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
Just to be clear... I didn't advise using Craigslist... I only said to consult Ken for advice and Lizard Lips for procedures, as he is a frequent traveler to the area.

My opinion is that there are plenty of good women in America (that's the U.S. of America) and traveling international only to find a wife is not necessary and may be dangerous, if not just plain expensive.

None the less, enjoy life and be safe!

There are good women in America as long as you don't marry one. My divorce cost me in the low six figures. :!:

If I didn't have my Spanish-language skills, I wouldn't consider marrying an Americana. Check out http://www.NOMARRIAGE.com and read why.

Craigslist? Proceed with extreme caution, there. :!:

Exerpt taken from www.NOMARRIAGE.com

Ken Cooke - 5-20-2009 at 10:19 PM

Only marry foreign women.
"Now you understand why US men prefer foreign born women: THEY TREAT US BETTER, RESPECT US, APPRECIATE THAT AFFECTION WE SHOW THEM, AND ACKNOWLEDGE OUR EFFORTS TO PROVIDE A BETTER LIFE."

A huge percentage of American women are selfish, flighty, insecure, needy and psychotic, and quite capable of concealing those traits during the dating phase

White 'career' American chicks are the bottom of the barrel marriage-wise.

Foreign women from South America, Eastern Europe, and Asia are at the top. Only guys who travel (in other words, guys who are successful and ambitious enough to travel a lot) find these. But they never, ever go back.

Foreign-born women living in the US are the next best. They get married early...they are highly sought-after by American guys for their wifely skills (hell, any women who has ANY ability to be a wife is better than your average American chick, who knows NOTHING about being a wife)

Bottom of the barrel---white American chicks. Yecch.

Here's a story: I knew a guy who was Hungarian (parents emigrated) who tried for 15 years to find a half-decent women to marry. He's a doctor, by the way. Finally after 8 psycho-weirdo US chicks, he went back to the 'old country' to find a wife. The people there were lining the women up for him to meet...he's a rich American guy...they are considered the best husbands in the world.

He found this lovely wife. She is a total gem, and he's happy as hell. 2 kids. Happily ever after.

fishbuck - 5-20-2009 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
No, no. no! Que loco eres! Y por que! Sabes que va a pasar! Es obvio. Evidente ella no puede encuentrar un hombre ahi? Ella es muy falsa y tan rapido? Y por que, si se puedes disfrutar una bonita mas circa, mas tranquila, mas ranchera, una Pacena o de Aguas Caliente o otra partes como una hija de pescaderos. Ya Fishbuck deja ella por que no es Mexicana verdad como te gustas, ya. Por emplo ella no puede hacer tortillas, tamales, chiliquiles y cafe como te gustas, como mujere. Que estas piensando? Eres de aqui. No vas lococito nino. Mejore traquilo aqui, Cuidate mucho

¡Sí es verdad! Pero si yo la podría encontrar aquí tendría ya. Y he estado mirando mucho!

bajadogs - 5-20-2009 at 11:10 PM

Upon closer look, I'm glad I treat my woman better than I treat my cars. Be a man.

Bajahowodd - 5-20-2009 at 11:31 PM

No comment, other than to thank you guys for the fun read.:spingrin:

lizard lips - 5-21-2009 at 07:04 AM

Fishman,

Now we need a photo of you.

Ken Cooke - 5-21-2009 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Fishman,

Agree. :light:

shari - 5-21-2009 at 08:15 AM

Ewwww...doesnt look promising Fishman...the photo is too weird and doctored. I like the live webcam idea. and I definately think you should get some other "appointments" lined up seeing as you are travelling so far.
I gotta bad feeling about this bombshell...something about "the look"

David K - 5-21-2009 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Fishman,

Serious? See the last two year's Pyramid Resort photos... Fishbuck was at them...

http://vivabaja.com/book6

http://vivabaja.com/book5

tripledigitken - 5-21-2009 at 08:35 AM

Fishbuck,

This doesn't sound like a real deal. That photo has had the location blurred, not your usual glamour retouch. No reason to blur the background other than to disguise the location.:?:

Be careful.

Ken

dtbushpilot - 5-21-2009 at 08:40 AM

Don't listen to them fish. Go, have a good time, you have 2 kidneys, with any luck they will let you keep one.:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, think this through with your big head and if you decide to go be smart.......dt

Bajaboy - 5-21-2009 at 08:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Buck-

That's my joke about why I can't get a date with a goodlooking SoCal girl. They are all in Craigslist for about $300+/hour.:no:

And how much is the plane ticket going to cost you? Desperate times call for desperate measures....how desperate are you:?:

rhintransit - 5-21-2009 at 08:58 AM

fishbuck...I checked your photo and you are a real cutie, too. (way too young for me, alas) why you can't find an USA, Mexican, or other non-geographically challenged lady to date, marry, whatever I dunno. however, for the anti-USA female as potential mate, etc, detractors, anyone in the states or Baja who looks/poses like your email novio isn't blushing bride/stay at home take care of the hubby material.
take care.

comitan - 5-21-2009 at 09:07 AM

I personally wouldn't drive across La Paz for that, and yes there are so many more lovely women in La Paz.

mtgoat666 - 5-21-2009 at 09:22 AM

Quote:
But here's a picture:

fishy, she looks like high maintenance party girl. can you keep up with a party chick???

this photo looks a bit weird, the blurring of background could be due to narrow depth of field, but some weird blurring around edges of the woman makes it look like cut/paste job,... but could also be a bad job of highlighting a poorly exposed foreground. or maybe it was a pic from a low quality camera phone,...

tripledigitken - 5-21-2009 at 09:34 AM

That photo is not blurry as a result of "depth of field" as the subject is in focus, the cars on the street are in focus as well, the buildings however are blurred, and then the clouds are in focus. Depth of field does not work that way. The buildings have been selectively blurred.

Ken

dtbushpilot - 5-21-2009 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
That photo is not blurry as a result of "depth of field" as the subject is in focus, the cars on the street are in focus as well, the buildings however are blurred, and then the clouds are in focus. Depth of field does not work that way. The buildings have been selectively blurred.

Ken

You are right Ken. You can clearly see the line where the blurring starts and stops in her hair on her right side (left side of the picture).

I've changed my mind fish, don't go, something is obviously fishy. She obviously isn't the kind of girl you would take home to meet your mother. If you're looking for a good time with some hot latin babes take a vacation to a latin country and pick up one (or more) that suit you. There are lots of pretty women out there looking for a handsome guys like us.........dt

Cypress - 5-21-2009 at 12:01 PM

Go for it fishbuck! You never know till you know.:)

comitan - 5-21-2009 at 12:52 PM

The way I see is its the eyes, you can't tell anything until you see a persons eyes. Yeah just an old married mans opinion.

Abort mission!

El Camote - 5-21-2009 at 01:14 PM

Pez hombre,
I have to weigh-in and agree with the previous posters. An adventure is exciting but sacrificing a kidney for it, I'm not so sure.

There is something very creepy about that photo. Like it was taken off a balcony in west hollywood to be used by a scam agency supposedly based out of Venezuela. If you were trying to attract american men horny for a latin gal, then she's the stereotypical look. Sun-kissed skin, bleached hair, BIG bazoombas, full lips. I'd bet dollars to donuts that's not the gal you've spoken to on the phone.

Ten cuidado, mi amigo:yes::wow:

P.S. Where the hell is her bellybutton! :o

lizard lips - 5-21-2009 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

Ken

Fish,

Ken is absolutely right on. This photo is doctored as to not revel the location for whatever reason. I suggest you don't take this trip. You are a fine looking man but there is just something not right with scenario. I suggest you pay for her to come to the U.S. or if she cannot because of a visa issue have her come to Mexico. I believe Colombian citizens don't need a visa to come here. If she balks please tell us why and we will continue with this novel. If it was me I would not step foot off the plane just from I have seen and what you have posted.

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE BUDDY...........

BajaNuts - 5-21-2009 at 05:31 PM

Sorry Fishy, I gotta change my vote. Or at least amend it. The doctored photo is not good. I mean, the photo is good and the girl looks good, but the blurring raises a lot of red flags. She does look high maintenance. I know we're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but my impression from the photos rhymes with witch.

Hope I'm wrong. But I like the idea of a neutral location to meet, away from her "back up" people.

coho - 5-21-2009 at 05:51 PM

Get a webcam and spend a lot of time looking into her eyes, her environment before travelling so far. Lots of scammers out there. And so many options...take your time.

Osprey - 5-21-2009 at 06:08 PM

Fish, I know the woman in the picture. I spent some time with her in New Orleans. I think I remember seeing the setting, the shot, backround while we were together there. Don't remember her name. Everybody just called her "The Big Easy".

rhintransit - 5-21-2009 at 07:29 PM

tomorrow's Friday. wasn't that the projected travel day. anyone know where Fishbuck is?
 Pages:  1    3