BajaNomad

Venezuela?

Pages:  1  2  

fishbuck - 5-21-2009 at 07:35 PM

Okay, I procrastinated long enough that the ticket price doubled. I decided this morning not to go anyway.
I sent her a nice email explaining my indicision and she sent one very nice and understanding.
I kind of lost my head a little about her.

But I was thinking that I wouldn't drive to TJ to see her based on how much I know about her. Which is nothing.
She gave me her full name and Venzuela ID number so I guess I could check her out somehow.
Well, I guess I would drive to TJ because I always have a back-up plan there... and Ensenada too.
So I'm waiting for another email from her.

vandenberg - 5-21-2009 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Fish, I know the woman in the picture. I spent some time with her in New Orleans. I think I remember seeing the setting, the shot, backround while we were together there. Don't remember her name. Everybody just called her "The Big Easy".

Now, now Fishhawk,
with that kind of talk you may give a "Nice" girl a bad name.:biggrin:

DENNIS - 5-21-2009 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Everybody just called her "The Big Easy".

Details, please.

Bajajack - 5-21-2009 at 07:50 PM

Fishbuck, you might take this into consideration, if you get one and take her to an area where she can't visit the Familia at least once a month and every Major Holiday you're in for a surprise, you will be living with a Viscious Whiner that will surely make life miserable for you.

Colombia

Ken Cooke - 5-21-2009 at 08:31 PM

My vote is for Fishbuck to travel to Barranquilla. I'm there the last half of July, and I'll have his back.

Why not an American Girl?

I've met plenty of American women lately - half a dozen, and I just don't trust them. They're all great-looking, but I'm better off alone. :!: With my Jeep and 2 Chihuahuas - and house, too. :!::!:

In Colombian culture, the house belongs to the man. :!:

I'm not crazy tradition with gender roles. I just want a woman that is willing to work with me, because I sure want to work with her - and keep her happy to be with me. With my Father's recent passing, I have had plenty of time visiting with women in the local area, talking about things, catching up, etc. The trash they talk about all of the men in their lives makes you stop and wonder. Are men really that terrible, or has society messed things up for us Gen-X guys. Hmm. Makes you stop and ask that question.

Most of the marrieds on Baja Nomad are my parents age, and they married before the Sexual revolution. I am looking to have a family with a nice woman who I can trust building something with. Feminism makes me real uncomfortable since it looks to destroy male/female relationships with 30-40 year old arguments that seldom hold water today. My fiancee detests Feminist thinking, and is strictly Christian/Traditional - something I can certainly live with. :!:

As far as Colombia goes, I'm hoping Fishbuck rolls with me. Leidys and I will look out for him. My Mom will be there, we'll have a good translator at his side, and he has nothing to lose except for a little Baja money and some time with a few Costenas...

Me w/Leidys in July '08

Me w/Maria Jose the translator

bajamigo - 5-21-2009 at 09:10 PM

Quote:

She gave me her full name and Venzuela ID number so I guess I could check her out somehow.

How on earth can you get info about her from a "Venezuelan ID number?" Heck, she could have given you her mom's---or even her daughter's--number, if such a thing works. How would you know? You're wise to cancel, or at least postpone, pending the proverbial further developments.

Bajaboy - 5-21-2009 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
My vote is for Fishbuck to travel to Barranquilla. I'm there the last half of July, and I'll have his back.

Why not an American Girl?

I've met plenty of American women lately - half a dozen, and I just don't trust them. They're all great-looking, but I'm better off alone. :!: With my Jeep and 2 Chihuahuas - and house, too. :!::!:

In Colombian culture, the house belongs to the man. :!:

I'm not crazy tradition with gender roles. I just want a woman that is willing to work with me, because I sure want to work with her - and keep her happy to be with me. With my Father's recent passing, I have had plenty of time visiting with women in the local area, talking about things, catching up, etc. The trash they talk about all of the men in their lives makes you stop and wonder. Are men really that terrible, or has society messed things up for us Gen-X guys. Hmm. Makes you stop and ask that question.

Most of the marrieds on Baja Nomad are my parents age, and they married before the Sexual revolution. I am looking to have a family with a nice woman who I can trust building something with. Feminism makes me real uncomfortable since it looks to destroy male/female relationships with 30-40 year old arguments that seldom hold water today. My fiancee detests Feminist thinking, and is strictly Christian/Traditional - something I can certainly live with. :!:

As far as Colombia goes, I'm hoping Fishbuck rolls with me. Leidys and I will look out for him. My Mom will be there, we'll have a good translator at his side, and he has nothing to lose except for a little Baja money and some time with a few Costenas...

Me w/Leidys in July '08

Me w/Maria Jose the translator

I'm assuming that you're going to move to Columbia? I mean, if Leidys comes to the USA she'll morph. So I assuming, in order to keep her in a third world mentality, you might want to keep her in a third world.

And for the record, I'm 41 and have the best wife a man could have. Ken, I hate to say it but it's probably you and not the women. Just my observation.

Zac

Ken Cooke - 5-21-2009 at 09:30 PM

You're right. I think its' me. :bounce:

As for moving to ColOmbia, its cheaper to visit than to own there.

A person changing is unavoidable. That's what I keep telling Leidys. Everyone constructs their own reality. As for me, I've become addicted to Colombia over Baja. The food, the music, the action is incredible there. I'll always love Mexico, but Colombia is so intense - there's no other way of describing it.

Santa Marta, Colombia

BajaNuts - 5-21-2009 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Everybody just called her "The Big Easy".

Details, please.

OFF-TOPICS OR PRIVATE U2U PU-LEEEZ!!!!

There are LADIES around here!:dudette:

Ken Cooke - 5-21-2009 at 09:52 PM

The world-famous DJ Erick Morillo was born in Santa Marta, Colombia, btw...

[img]http://media.timeoutnewyork.com/resizeImage/htdocs/export_images/633/633.x600.clubs.op.jpg?[/img]

gnukid - 5-21-2009 at 10:11 PM

I'm looking into my crystal ball of Fishbucks future.... wwwww

The joy of dating someone you can't understand is fantastic, you decide, she can never insult you jaja you don't understand a thing she says. You overlook the all fights as obviously a simple misunderstanding. The cultural differences are always so 'cute' and so 'interesting', its exciting.

You like lightly grilled filet fish, she uses the whole bottle to fry it whole in a pan jaja so cute, you like medium rare steak she likes to cook it for a few hours (still not too bad). You like japanese rice and chinese too and she makes it the way her mom did with a whole stick of butter and just a little oil served room temperture.

You need to get up and go on the weekends, she needs a little bit longer, say til about 2pm to get ready. She wants to spend every Sunday with the family and usually most of the week too, you'd prefer to visit once a year. She is feisty, sometimes violent. You think her spirit is cute. It was probably a misunderstanding anyway.

You like to eat breakfast at 7 am. She likes it at 10:00. You have lunch at 11:30am. She likes it anytime between 2-4pm. You normally have dinner around 6pm, she is ready at 10pm. You find yourself eating 6 meals a day to cope. You are getting fat. You were never fat.

She would like to have a new car and go shopping? You say what would you like from the corner store, her eyes open wide and she thinks for a while... Hmmm, a while more, dulces, 2 liter cokes and chips and some ice cream? hmmm.

You say you are going to a class reunion to meet old friends, she asks if any old girl friends will be there. Of course you say, they are my friends. She acts angry. Problems come up, you ignore them, it'll work out. When you come home you fall asleep and find her beating you on the head in the night. Must be a misunderstanding.

You say 'we need to watch the budget', she spends and spends and spends every penny she can find and asks for more to go shopping for things you both really need, she comes back with 3 hundred dollars worth of plastic chachkas to decorate the house. She puts the chachkas on every surface.

You ask her if perhaps the meals could have less oil and fat to help watch both your diets, she says of course and finds a deal on small containers of ice cream instead of big ones so she buys a dozen. You say you are really worried about the diet, you've gained 15lbs since you started dating and the amount of money you are spending is too much, she says don't worry about it. You worry about it, she says don't worry, nothing is going happen (no te preocupes no pasa nada). She keeps saying this?

You like toast in the morning, she knows this and buys bimbo pre-toasted bread as a special treat. How cute. She says she needs more money. You ask her to make a budget of what she needs and you can talk about it. You give her your computer and say she can use excel or word either is fine. You come back to find she can use excel and word just fine and she shows you charts and graphs, her budget needs are about $1000/week for things she needs, $1000/discretionary, $1000/week for things for the house, $1000/week for necessities and she needs $5000 to bring her family on a vacation.

You explain that its a lot of money $12,000/month plus the $5,000 for her families vacation, more than you can afford and that really things are getting out of hand with the money and food and the house and the daily schedule isn't working and that you both need to work together to reduce costs. She smashes the computer on the ground and locks herself in the room.

You tell yourself with patience it'll all work out, you are just beginning to understand some of things she says and things are getting better. She yells through the door that she just bought the tickets-you are going on vacation with her family to disneyland.

Bajahowodd - 5-21-2009 at 10:24 PM

Wow. Didn't want to get into this until I read so many folks having a problem with the authenticity of the photo. But, I see tranny. Buena suerte fishy.

[Edited on 5-22-2009 by Bajahowodd]

fishbuck - 5-21-2009 at 11:17 PM

Here is a fresh photo that I took today. Nothing special but new:

Bajahowodd - 5-21-2009 at 11:22 PM

Long lost twins???

capt. mike - 5-22-2009 at 06:06 AM

what is this place.......... a lonely hearts club site??!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bajaboy - 5-22-2009 at 07:37 AM

did you run La Jolla Half Marathon or get that shirt from one of your chickens?

dtbushpilot - 5-22-2009 at 07:53 AM

gnukid nailed it......dt

David K - 5-22-2009 at 08:24 AM

Fishbuck, why not travel with Ken to Columbia, in July? You will be going with a Nomad amigo who speaks Spanish. Ken is big enough to pass as a bodygaurd, and knows where the 'chicas simpaticas' are located. I think you will be safe and have a rocking good time!

Udo - 5-22-2009 at 08:27 AM

Hey, Ken...
That's great Colombian music. Sounds a lot like Venezuelan Criollo.
You woke up that part of my missing music collection, and I'll have to spend a few bucks on Itunes now.
Thanks!

tjBill - 5-22-2009 at 08:43 AM

Quote:

Wow, Ken that's really nice to offer to show Fishbuck Colombia.

I've been to both Venezulea and Colombia and nothing can compare to Colombia. Colombia's love Americans and, well, there's a real shortage of foreigners in Colombia. ;D

rhintransit - 5-22-2009 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
what is this place.......... a lonely hearts club site??!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

haven't seen that in the forums yet, but, hey, it's an idea. lots of single Nomads out there, including some unclaimed jewels as well as beaters.

I'm still a little unclear on the thread concept...are we sorting through the lovely locals/daughters/etc for a dating/spousal type for Fishbuck or are we for sending the boy off on a booze&sex&music tour of South America???

vandenberg - 5-22-2009 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit

I'm still a little unclear on the thread concept...are we sorting through the lovely locals/daughters/etc for a dating/spousal type for Fishbuck or are we for sending the boy off on a booze&sex&music tour of South America???

How about starting a new forum called
"DEAR ROBERTA".:?::?:

:biggrin:

rhintransit - 5-22-2009 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit

How about starting a new forum called
"DEAR ROBERTA".:?::?:

now THAT'S scarier than a Venezualian ID number...http://forums.bajanomad.com/images/smilies/bouncing.gif

:biggrin:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Ken Cooke - 5-22-2009 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by udowinkler
Hey, Ken...
That's great Colombian music. Sounds a lot like Venezuelan Criollo.

Vallenatos = Great music - real lively, must faster tempo, the "new wave" of younger accordionistas there blow Ramon Ayala away in terms of speed and intricate melodies. Young kids actually attend Accordion academies from the age of 5 and 6 to perform professionally by the time they are teenagers. This is shown in the Colombian indie film, "El Angel del Accordion." Silvestre Dangond and his Accordionista Juancho Esperiella rip through the songs, and literally kick butt.

Leidys is a big fan of Vallentos, and if we take Fishbuck out each night, it'll be to this real intimate night spot in the section of town that looks like Santa Monica, CA - where the DJ plays music videos and the dancefloor is always moving every night of the week. In terms of entertainment, you can't beat Colombia.

Udo - 5-22-2009 at 06:12 PM

Muchissimas gracias, Ken;
I'll see if I can buy this album through Itunes. If not, I'll just purchase it on Amazon.
Great music!!

Hook - 5-23-2009 at 07:29 AM

Havent we seen those guys before???

Awatson - 5-23-2009 at 10:22 AM

Dear Roberta...

Only kidding, but thanks for that link Ken! That's been my atttitude for a while now about American women. I've got a couple questions for you...Check your U2U.

Osprey - 5-23-2009 at 11:36 AM

The Osprey is never too busy for a journalistic challenge. How about "Dear Osprey". I'm qualified. I'm old, been to the drugstore, read magazines, had me some Coke Colas.

The challenge as I see it would be to be able to weed out those who are just out to pull the old Fishhawk's chain, those not sincere, not really seeking answers but just playing with the board for their own amusement. Hey, what am I doing? Somebody else take it so I can do all those things.

Ken Cooke - 5-23-2009 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
The challenge as I see it would be to be able to weed out those who are just out to pull the old Fishhawk's chain, those not sincere, not really seeking answers but just playing with the board for their own amusement. Hey, what am I doing?

I can't emphasize the help someone like Maria Jose has provided me over the past year. She likes to interview the women to see what their motives are. My fiancee Leidys has talked to me extensively about this as well. Meeting her best friend across the street in her barrio, her friend jumped up and down screaming, "God has finally sent you a MAN!" No questioning that.:saint: Having a good working knowledge of the language is so important as well. Otherwise, you're relying on professionals like Maria 98% of the time.

Maria Jose Bueno - Barranquilla
[on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676557336&ref=nf]

Here's some essential reading:
Dishonest Women: http://www.latin-wife.com/build_bg.asp
http://www.latin-wife.com/Other_Marriage_Agencies.asp

[Edited on 5-23-2009 by Ken Cooke]

Maria's Facebook page

Ken Cooke - 5-23-2009 at 02:33 PM

I just spotted this. Maria has her clients on her Facebook page where she introduces these guys to women on her agency list.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=95054&id=676557336...

Since she's a small agency, she has a real close watch on what's going on - WHICH IS A GOOD THING.

Maria is the coolest!! :bounce::bounce:

Cypress - 5-23-2009 at 02:34 PM

The highway goes on forever and the party never ends.:lol:

While you're at it...

Ken Cooke - 5-24-2009 at 11:35 PM

Quote:
Muchissimas gracias, Ken;
I'll see if I can buy this album through Itunes. If not, I'll just purchase it on Amazon.
Great music!!

This is Silvestre's new song, "Calidad de vida (Quality of Life)" Leidys played it over the phone for me tonight, and explained its about couples treating each other well, being attentive towards each other. It has that hand-clapping, foot stomping gypsy sound that makes Vallento music so fun to listen to.

[Edited on 5-25-2009 by Ken Cooke]

Hablo con la luna, Hablo con la playa...

Ken Cooke - 5-24-2009 at 11:56 PM

Aca es una otra de ritmo House, pero es muy calentoso y chevere!!

Mulegena - 5-25-2009 at 08:16 AM

Really enjoy your music posts, Ken.
You give a fresh hit of energy to this board. Thanks.

I've gone to your friend Maria's Facebook link that you posted. Have asked her (in Spanish) to be FB Friends as I'd love to read her site.

By the way, your young lady Leidys is exquisite! Happy for you both, yes.

Ken Cooke - 5-25-2009 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
By the way, your young lady Leidys is exquisite! Happy for you both, yes.

I believe Leidys and I will make each other very happy. I can't wait for our first trip down to Baja, Mexico. :bounce:

Last July in Downtown Barranquilla getting my MP3 player repaired:

Cypress - 5-25-2009 at 03:36 PM

Ken Cooke, Wishing you and your lady the best of luck.:bounce: Looking forward to reports of your Baja adventures. :yes:

you young people nowdays

Mulegena - 5-25-2009 at 03:37 PM

Ummhmmh... so that's what you call what you're doing?

Betcha broke the thing on purpose. HA!

Maria on Mother's Day

Ken Cooke - 5-25-2009 at 06:59 PM

I just LOVE this picture of Maria and her two sons!!!:bounce:

Ken Cooke - 5-25-2009 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
This is all groovy and all but, seriously, doesn't this belong in off topic? Where are all those purists?

Off-Topic brings a different crowd. :barf:

Some chilling information

Ken Cooke - 5-26-2009 at 09:02 PM

I pulled this information from the Venezuelan Consul website: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1059.html#e...

When visiting Santa Marta, Colombia 2 yrs. ago, an Austrailian woman was kidnapped and held for $32,000.00 ransom. The ransom was paid, and she was immediately released and fled back to Austrailia. This abduction took place while I was visiting in that city, and the funny thing was that the woman was held at a villa in Santa Marta overlooking the ocean the entire time of her abduction.

Speaking only Spanish with my US Passport back at the hotel, I blended in. But, upon a visit to the ATM in Santa Marta, there was a large group of American tourists - nervous to speak to me.

Its best to stay informed and read as much information as possible in order to make an educated decision. I'm not trying to put a damper on things, just raise some awareness.

[Edited on 5-27-2009 by Ken Cooke]

David K - 5-27-2009 at 07:43 AM

What's with the hands, Ken? Where's the Jeep?

rhintransit - 5-27-2009 at 08:04 AM

circle your calendar, all. she's scheduled to visit on the 1st. quiet on the preparations, though. I thought we'd get into more what to do, where to take her, etc, kinda like the thread on, which Nomad was it?, what to wear for his big date. you guys!
ps thanks for telling your age, Fishbuck. whew, I'm NOT old enough to be your mother, but it is fun to "mother" the men of the forums along.

BajaGringo - 5-27-2009 at 08:14 AM

We want pictures fish.

Lots of them. Keep camera handy...

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ken Cooke - 5-27-2009 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

"The Hands" are from a CD I have called, "Cafe del Mar - Volumen Diez" - Cafe del Mar is a nightclub that plays chill-out music on the island of Ibiza off the coast of Spain. Cafe del Mar has only 1 other location - Cartegena, Colombia. Oh Yea! You go fill in the dots...:bounce:

from Wikipedia.org
Café del Mar (freely translated as "cafe by the ocean") is world famous bar located in Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza. Known for its spectacular sunsets and chill-out music, it is a popular tourist destination during the summer season. Hundreds, sometimes thousands, of tourists and locals gather in front of the café to enjoy relaxing chill-out music, while the sun slowly disappears under the horizon. Café del Mar has played a major role in the foundation of chill-out music culture.

The Café del Mar is perhaps most known around the world for its chill-out music compilations. The tracklist is carefully chosen to reflect the mood and spirit of a sunset by the ocean. The songs are described as balearic ambient, easy listening music. The collections of the music played at the café were first sold on cassette at the end of the 1980s. In 1994, the first official “Café del Mar” CD was released, which included works by world-renowned artists. Following the great success of the first release, a total of 15 volumes of the main compilation series has been published, continuing to this date. Today, Café del Mar stands as the most respected and highly imitated chill-out music compilation series, selling millions of copies around the world.

Cafe del Mar - Ibiza

Ken Cooke - 5-27-2009 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Hey Ken,
when you were in Columbia did you hear about Gaviotas or do you have any knowledge of Gaviotas on the llanos? I just finished the book and found it interesting.

Cuales son gaviotas? Yo fui en solamente in Barranquilla por las carnavales de Fevrero. Solo conozco la costa y nada mas. Disculpme, amigo...I mean, Nomad. :bounce:

Disculpe de nuevo, amigo..

Ken Cooke - 5-27-2009 at 06:15 PM

I haven't traveled any further east than the city of Santa Marta. I'm more interested in seeing the Parque Tayrona with its Indigenous huts and the Coastal desert of La Guajira.

Parque Tayrona

La Guajira Desert

woody with a view - 5-27-2009 at 06:47 PM

check out the song, 'Guajira" by Santana.

"vamos a bailar!"

Ken Cooke - 5-27-2009 at 06:48 PM

I'll always love Baja, but lets say I was flying to La Paz - for...$400 r/t. For $100 more, I'm in Northern Colombia, and everything there is about 1/2 the price of Mexico. More bang for your vacation buck.

From Barranquilla to Santa Marta - Motorcoach w/AC $4 each way.
Santa Marta to Tayrona - $8 each way.

Fresh fish meals $5 each.

Baja prices with new atmosphere. That's what I'm talking about...

woody with a view - 5-27-2009 at 08:37 PM

Ken

it sounds like pto escondido, oaxaca in the mid 80's. good times.

go get yours, nomad!

capt. mike - 5-28-2009 at 06:13 AM

BBP went to Columbia recently on a group Cenam trip.
they all agreed Cartajena (sp?) was the cleanest well run city in centro america they'd been to in a long time. Friendly people, beautiful night life, vibrant, a pleasure to visit.

Udo - 5-28-2009 at 07:20 AM

Quote:
I'll always love Baja, but lets say I was flying to La Paz - for...$400 r/t. For $100 more, I'm in Northern Colombia, and everything there is about 1/2 the price of Mexico. More bang for your vacation buck.

From Barranquilla to Santa Marta - Motorcoach w/AC $4 each way.
Santa Marta to Tayrona - $8 each way.

Fresh fish meals $5 each.

Baja prices with new atmosphere. That's what I'm talking about...

And gas being less than .20 cents per gallon, a car rental should be fairly inexpensive.

David K - 5-28-2009 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:

"The Hands" are from a CD I have called, "Cafe del Mar - Volumen Diez" - Cafe del Mar is a nightclub that plays chill-out music on the island of Ibiza off the coast of Spain. Cafe del Mar has only 1 other location - Cartegena, Colombia. Oh Yea! You go fill in the dots...:bounce:

from Wikipedia.org
Café del Mar (freely translated as "cafe by the ocean") is world famous bar located in Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza. Known for its spectacular sunsets and chill-out music, it is a popular tourist destination during the summer season. Hundreds, sometimes thousands, of tourists and locals gather in front of the café to enjoy relaxing chill-out music, while the sun slowly disappears under the horizon. Café del Mar has played a major role in the foundation of chill-out music culture.

The Café del Mar is perhaps most known around the world for its chill-out music compilations. The tracklist is carefully chosen to reflect the mood and spirit of a sunset by the ocean. The songs are described as balearic ambient, easy listening music. The collections of the music played at the café were first sold on cassette at the end of the 1980s. In 1994, the first official “Café del Mar” CD was released, which included works by world-renowned artists. Following the great success of the first release, a total of 15 volumes of the main compilation series has been published, continuing to this date. Today, Café del Mar stands as the most respected and highly imitated chill-out music compilation series, selling millions of copies around the world.

Cafe del Mar - Ibiza

Spain.... music...??? Trying to figure the Baja connection for your Baja Nomad avatar... the Jeep fits you perfectly... IMO.

Thanks for the 'splanation amigo!

Ken Cooke - 5-28-2009 at 07:48 PM

Quote:

Spain.... music...??? Trying to figure the Baja connection for your Baja Nomad avatar... the Jeep fits you perfectly... IMO.

Thanks for the 'splanation amigo!

Just doing different things with the avatar. The Jeep avatars have gotten real boring. I'm excited about going back to Colombia in July. I want to run with the Baja Crawlers in Tecate next month, but the sport is real expensive and I'm counting my Pesos.

Spainish music? Ever hear the Gypsy Kings' music playing in Mexico? They're very popular there in Latino circles - even in Northern Baja.

You know I love Baja, but Northern Colombia is my favorite place I've ever traveled.

Ken Cooke - 5-30-2009 at 10:12 PM

Quote:
There are good women here in America, still... FYI.:light:

David, Have you been watching Pitbull videos or something? :light:

BajaNuts - 5-30-2009 at 10:49 PM

ok, this post it totally sidetracked, not high-jacked- just side tracked.....

back on-topic

Ken Cooke - 5-31-2009 at 03:19 PM

I just received a phone call from my friends Joe and Ana-Rosa who live in Shreveport, Louisiana. This is Joe's 2nd marriage, and he reports things are much better this time around than when he was married back when he was 30.

Ana-Rosa is super-excited about being with Joe and they're now planning to have a baby!

Here is Joe and Ana-Rosa's story on YouTube

Udo - 5-31-2009 at 03:46 PM

Ken are you stateside, or in Colombia.
We missed you at the expo. Lots good vibes about you from Jean and everyone else!

[Edited on 5-31-2009 by udowinkler]

Ken Cooke - 5-31-2009 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Ken are you stateside, or in Colombia.
We missed you at the expo. Lots good vibes about you from Jean and everyone else!

[Edited on 5-31-2009 by udowinkler]

I'm at home in Riverside, CA. I am taking on-line courses, and this weekend, the big Final paper was due. So, no Baja expo's for me, unfortunately...

Udo - 5-31-2009 at 06:00 PM

Since you are in the Riverside area, Ken, how about lunch on Wednesday next week or the week after?

Ken Cooke - 5-31-2009 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Since you are in the Riverside area, Ken, how about lunch on Wednesday next week or the week after?

The 17th might work. I'm working like loco at the moment - weekends are better, or maybe later in the summer, like July...

Udo - 5-31-2009 at 07:03 PM

July works!
I'll keep in touch.

Chevere, amigo!

Ken Cooke - 5-31-2009 at 08:00 PM

Quote:
July works!
I'll keep in touch.

Cool. :cool:

Maria's Agency Photos!!

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 02:10 PM

Maria's Facebook page is bursting with Latinas!!

tripledigitken - 6-26-2009 at 02:34 PM

Nice catalog!:cool:

fishbuck - 6-26-2009 at 05:01 PM

Hey Jack! That was wrong and you know it. Please don't be disrespectful to Ken or the ladies from Colombia.
That could be the future Mrs. Fishbuck your talking about.:yes:

DENNIS - 6-26-2009 at 09:16 PM

Quote:

They look like children.

BajaNuts - 6-26-2009 at 09:53 PM

yes they do look like children, cuz I'm over 40 and everyone under 30 looks like "children" to me. I also see our high school junior girls that can pass for 25. I think the girls in the pics (at least the 3 that Ken posted) look over 18.

btw- what's up with Fishy's long distance romance? Any updates, Fishbuck? maybe start a VenezuelaIII thread ?!?

(what can I say......we're self employed and most of the time when we are on the job, we are the only people on the job. No water cooler.........no good juicy gossip!):lol:

BAJACAT - 6-26-2009 at 10:24 PM

Venezuela is close to loreto right? or it's closer to la Paz I don't remember:?:

fishbuck - 6-26-2009 at 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
Venezuela is close to loreto right? or it's closer to la Paz I don't remember:?:

When you get to Cabo, just keep driving.

BAJACAT - 6-26-2009 at 10:30 PM

Thanks Fish, I knew i was close...:lol::lol::lol:

No te preocupes, hermano. Hay muchas otras.

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 11:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:

They look like children.

!Ay Morena!

fishbuck - 6-26-2009 at 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts
yes they do look like children, cuz I'm over 40 and everyone under 30 looks like "children" to me. I also see our high school junior girls that can pass for 25. I think the girls in the pics (at least the 3 that Ken posted) look over 18.

btw- what's up with Fishy's long distance romance? Any updates, Fishbuck? maybe start a VenezuelaIII thread ?!?

(what can I say......we're self employed and most of the time when we are on the job, we are the only people on the job. No water cooler.........no good juicy gossip!):lol:

It was a complete bust. It fizzled. But maybe I'll go with Ken to Colombia and try there.

gnukid - 6-26-2009 at 11:19 PM

Ken, Stop posting girls photos to promote travel and exploit women.

Pack 'yer bags, lets go to BARRANQUILLA!!!

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
It was a complete bust. It fizzled. But maybe I'll go with Ken to Colombia and try there.

The key? You shouldn't have to "Try" hard. Put yourself in a "Fun" place where you can show your "Fun" side. At which point, if the "Fish" don't bite, then "Buck" them! :lol:

fishbuck - 6-26-2009 at 11:21 PM

:lol:

Exploit?

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Ken, Stop posting girls photos to promote travel and exploit women.

These women are on an Agency list. The whole point is to promote their whereabouts.

Don't believe me???
Overseas Matchmakers

[Edited on 6-27-2009 by Ken Cooke]

Maria sounds off...

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 11:24 PM

I am sure the last time you bought a house you used the services of a realtor, correct? They are the ones that hold valuable information about what is available based on what you are looking for your and budget. ...

I'm going to pick Fishbuck's Blind Date!!!

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 11:27 PM

Here 'ya go, brother. I bet she'd be the one to take to Baja once a month...

1st runner up...

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 11:28 PM

Since you don't want to get blindsided if another Caballero talks to your Sencilla Mujer.

BajaNuts - 6-26-2009 at 11:31 PM

I'm not sure I'd equate buying a house with finding a soulmate, but I get the point.

Ever heard of e-harmony or the likes? MANY people are using it as a tool, just like realtors are tools for finding things.

( I was going to say it's a lot easier to get rid of a house you don't like anymore than it is to get rid of a spouse you don't like anymore, but in today's economic climate, I'm not so sure if that is so!):biggrin:

Hotwire.com or Expedia.com

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 11:34 PM

Quote:

I paid $575 r/t from LAX. Prices were lower, but Mom kept dragging her feet on buying her ticket. We would have paid $505 a piece had we bought when I was ready.

3.5 star hotel = $35/night.

I will be visiting Leidys later on this summer.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts

Ever heard of e-harmony or the likes? MANY people are using it as a tool, just like realtors are tools for finding things.

I tried eHarmony. Bad news.

The whole point, is you want a nice, Latina for a wife.
When it is time to cross the border, and visit Baja, who is more likely to be 100% for a trip south...A scared Gringa, or a woman who grew up in the Mundo Latino that wants to see another part of Latin America? Hmmm. No brainer.

I did a ton of soul-searching last summer when Maria discovered that I was being lied to by my previous gf in Barranquilla. Maria explained to me that I should meet another "Chica", but I was against it. I decided to be friends with my fiancée Leidys at first. After getting to know her real well, I realized I hit the jackpot. Now, my Spanish is better than most peoples since I get 8 hrs. practice per week. Maria did a great job advising me on how to spend my week in Barranquilla last summer. I was this close to returning home, not taking advantage of the abundance of available Latin women in Barranquilla - where the ratio of women to men is three to one!!

Beatdown!

Ken Cooke - 6-26-2009 at 11:55 PM

Azaias and I had to "Take care" of a "Purse bandito" who crossed our paths last summer inside of the Caribbean Gold Hotel on Murillo Blvd. in Barranquilla.

Besides Baja, you'll find the people of Northern Colombia are very friendly. So much so, that when I asked Leidys out for a date while using a rented Cell phone across the street from the hotel, some guys were passing around a bottle of Aguardiente. I asked to take a swig since I just apprehended a thief inside of the hotel and got dropped by my old girlfriend Onelis.

Me and the ex-gf Onelis: (wearing my Tijuana baseball cap & Puerto Peńasco t-shirt!)

After a few shots, I went inside of the Pool Hall, shot some rounds with the guys, drank some Aguila beers, and had a great time.

Caribbean Gold Hotel -- Murillo Blvd. Barranquilla (street under construction)

fishbuck - 6-27-2009 at 01:10 AM

You've had some great experiences Ken.
But ya, I kinda figured out that I'm not going to find a girl that wants to be the Queen of castle at my San Quintin place here in Orange County.
Hell girls here won't even look at you if you not driving a Ferari.
So I tried TJ thinking hey she's already here in Baja. But somehow TJ isn't Baja.
And the selection gets a little thin the farther south you go in Baja.
All the girls in the pictures look good. My favorite is second from bottom in the big line-up. Or the cute girl with the braces in the first group.
But they all do.;)

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
You've had some great experiences Ken.
But ya, I kinda figured out that I'm not going to find a girl that wants to be the Queen of castle at my San Quintin place here in Orange County.
Hell girls here won't even look at you if you not driving a Ferari.
So I tried TJ thinking hey she's already here in Baja. But somehow TJ isn't Baja.
And the selection gets a little thin the farther south you go in Baja.
All the girls in the pictures look good. My favorite is second from bottom in the big line-up. Or the cute girl with the braces in the first group.
But they all do.;)

My advice is to stick with a woman who is more experienced, and tired of the city life. Younger women from Barranquilla haven't had enough fun yet, and won't be satisfied going to San Quintin on their weekends. They'll be more inclined to you taking them to Los Angeles night clubs instead. A more experienced woman will have already outgrown this and will be looking to solitude (more than likely). Its best to talk with each woman on Maria's list to see what her idea of fun and adventure are.

The biggest religion in South America is Catholicism -- The biggest religion in Orange County is Materialism. Here in Riverside County much less so, but those certain comments about "the ring" and "the house" I have heard from women I know getting engaged made me real cautious since never have I heard about the Fiances inner beauty or strengths. These guys had better look out since my divorce was not cheap! Hey, once a spoiled brat, always spoiled rotten! :!:

But, I have had some adventures at 40 that will carry me through old age with lots of smiles and laughter. I will never forget this chapter in my life.

Here's Leidys getting off of her Moto Taxi, getting ready to go on our date last July.

In Downtown Barranquilla after going shopping during a rain storm.

Getting ready for an early dinner at my favorite restaurant in Barranquilla -- Farah's Arabic Kitchen :bounce:

Since I love Latin music, hearing live Cumbias in their birthplace was real special to me.

Here is a funny look at Colombian life through...a ketchup commercial! The people of Colombia come in every color of the world as shown in this commercial.

DENNIS - 6-27-2009 at 08:06 AM

This is starting to look like a pandering commercial and those kid's pictures up there should be removed.

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 08:15 AM

Quote:
This is starting to look like a pandering commercial and those kid's pictures up there should be removed.

In Barranquilla, the women look younger, because they take such good care of themselves. Not many Gorditas con exceso de pesa walking around. In fact, if you are much larger than a size 6, you can't find a job in most places.

The Cartegena Beauty Boat Parade!! WOW!

Kids on a boat. :lol::lol:

Miss World COLOMBIA!!

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 08:18 AM

Here's the real news, pilfered from Barranquilla's El Heraldo Newspaper on-line. :o:light::bounce:

En acto realizado en la noche del jueves en el Hotel Dann Carlton fueron escogidas las representantes de la Zona Norte que irán por el título Miss Mundo Colombia que se celebrará en agosto en Bogotá.

Ellas son Diana Freyle, participará por Guajira; Shirly Campillo, Bolívar; Jocelyn Gómez, Cesar; Andrea Acosta, Magdalena; Karen Arroyo, Barranquilla; Kimberly Reyes, Atlántico, quien también fue escogida como la candidata con el rostro más bello y el mejor cabello.

Todas las concursantes desfilaron en trajes de bańo, vestidos cortos uniformes y por último de gala. El certamen contó con la presencia del presidente nacional de Miss Mundo Colombia, Édgard Botero, y su esposa Katherin Prieto, así como también del comité Zona Norte que se encargó de seleccionar a las participantes que lograron llegar a la noche final.

DENNIS - 6-27-2009 at 08:21 AM

Quote:

And, the top two are just good photography and well-preserved women?
I call boolchit on that, Ken. These are kids playing dress-up for daddy, and you know it.

Call Maria for more info: 1 305 897 1052

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:

And, the top two are just good photography and well-preserved women?
I call boolchit on that, Ken. These are kids playing dress-up for daddy, and you know it.

I'll get their ages if you're interested...

Satisfied Couples in Barranquilla! Maria has kept herself BUSY!

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 08:40 AM

This guy kinda resembles Fishbuck. We gotta get him down to Colombia soon!!

Otros selecciones por la agencia de Maria! Fishbuck, R U taking notes??

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 08:44 AM

Maria Bueno - Overseas Match Makers

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 08:49 AM

Maria Bueno -- Overseas Match Makers, Barranquilla, Colombia

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barranquilla-Colombia/OVERSEAS...

Barranquilla, Colombia

Phone:
1 305 897 1052 / 011 57 312 671 3762

Mon - Sun:
8:00 am - 9:30 pm

My Site
www.findalatinwife.com/
This is my site
Etiquetas: find a latin wife, meet colombian women

Find a Latin Wife
findalatina.1.forumer.com/index.php?act=idx
Hello Join our support forum
Etiquetas: barranquilla, single women, find a latin wife

NING NETWORK
findalatinwife.ning.com/
This is my network please join

Etiquetas: single women, Barranquilla

Find us
maps.google.com/maps/user?uid=11312779928294200458...
Barranquilla Hotel locations, our location,restaurants and more
Etiquetas: Google map, barranquilla

PL
www.planet-love.com/forum/index.php
Great place to find all the information you need
Etiquetas: Support forum, barranquilla, single women

DENNIS - 6-27-2009 at 08:50 AM

Quote:

So did Heide Fleiss till they came down on here.

I do like the portrait of Fishbuck and Carmen Miranda.

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I'm waiting to see pictures of Fishbuck in Baja with a nice Latina at his side. Maria will help Fishbuck realize his dream. Maria always tells the Caballeros to focus on the things in common and not looks or youthfulness. Barranquilla happens to have the most beautiful women in the world, and Maria is fortunate to have her agency based in that city. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Fishbuck starts corresponding with one of the wonderful women on Maria's Agency list, and it goes from there.

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack
So uncle ***, now that you're Online Pimping for Maria or whatever how much cut do you get.

Tom? Ken. I promised Maria that I would help her promote her business from the US. She helped me BIGTIME last summer when she took a trip to the Los Cedros barrio in Barranquilla for me. For her help, I am completely indebted to her. She is super cool for having going to Los Cedros Barrio on my behalf. MARIA! MARIA! MARIA! MARIA!!!!

[Edited on 6-27-2009 by BajaNomad]

dtbushpilot - 6-27-2009 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm waiting to see pictures of Fishbuck in Baja with a nice Latina at his side. Maria will help Fishbuck realize his dream. Maria always tells the Caballeros to focus on the things in common and not looks or youthfulness. Barranquilla happens to have the most beautiful women in the world, and Maria is fortunate to have her agency based in that city. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Fishbuck starts corresponding with one of the wonderful women on Maria's Agency list, and it goes from there.
So uncle ***, now that you're Online Pimping for Maria or whatever how much cut do you get.

All the smiley faces in the world won't make an inappropriate remark ok. You owe us all an apology jack, especially to Ken who showed remarkable restraint....good for you Ken.....dt

[Edited on 6-27-2009 by BajaNomad]

Ken Cooke - 6-27-2009 at 02:28 PM

While some people like to "Doom" threads, I just ignore them and their negativity. The anonymity of the Internet can be either a blessing or a threat. I have nothing to hide - I use my actual name and city as a matter of fact. Anyone can make up a screen name like 'Baja Jack'. I'll just leave it at that...

New women on Maria's Facebook site

Ken Cooke - 7-5-2009 at 10:53 PM

I'm Back From Barranquilla

Ken Cooke - 7-23-2009 at 11:14 PM

Fishbuck, you will feel so comfortable there. This time around, I saw scores of Americanos all over the North side of town (where the prosperous frollick). They mainly stayed at the Hotel Dann Carlton across the street from the slick Buena Vista mall. I believe there was a large church-based charity that is stationed there at the moment. But, the big news is how an American military base is slated to open in Barranquilla....soon. Not sure how soon, soon will be, but the Gringos are definitely coming - which will provide a serious boost for the Barranquilla economy. My Mother was surprised that 2 million people actually live there. That's the same size as Los Angeles, but in a much smaller location.

I met with Maria last night, and Maria was introduced to my gf and my Mother. We talked a couple of hours about Maria's life here in the Inland Empire, Gringos moving into Barranquilla, and I also fielded a concern by fellow Nomad, The Gull about the age of Maria's clientčle. The youngest women Maria allows on her roster is 20, and currently her youngest client is 23. So, Mr. Gull...Maria answered your question and fielded your concern.

Originally, I wanted to take my Mother to Baja. But, she doesn't feel safe there enough to travel. The last couple of times I drove my Jeep through San Quintin and Mexicali, I've had to deal with the police wanting to find ways of stealing my Baja Expedition Trail vehicle. So, Baja was immediately out.

The 3 cities of Barranquilla, Cartagena and Santa Marta are my favorite places besides San Felipe, Tallinn, and Miami. I have lots more to report, but I feel you will enjoy yourself in Barranquilla, and meeting Maria will rank right up there with heading down to San Quintin for a deep sea fishing trip! :bounce:

Pages:  1  2