BajaNomad

last one out turn off the lights

capt. mike - 6-8-2009 at 04:14 PM

sent from a new baja flying buddy. taken at BOLA

this is from when the strip in town was open before they closed it for the newer one north side.

probably the last Beech D 18 in or out of the in-town strip.

notice the famous round house in the left frame. Wasn't that built by one of the Beach Boys?

more to come.

JM002.JPG - 50kB

BajaWarrior - 6-8-2009 at 05:50 PM

Mike, I believe that building is the present day Costa del Sol.

Anyone know if it was originally built for the Beach Boys?

Wiles - 6-8-2009 at 07:09 PM

Well Mike, that D-18 might hold the record as the last plane off the old dirt strip, but I think this one holds the record for most take offs & landings in one day. Everyone in this picture went up for a ride that day.

p.s. there is a very well known Nomad in this picture. Anyone care to take a guess?

[Edited on 6-9-2009 by Wiles]

plane.jpg - 44kB

going down this weekend?

steekers - 6-8-2009 at 07:11 PM

Chuck: Are you going down this weekend for some skiing? We would visit you on Sat night and maybe stay for playing in the lagoon on Sun. Had a great time before.

BajaWarrior - 6-8-2009 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
Chuck: Are you going down this weekend for some skiing? We would visit you on Sat night and maybe stay for playing in the lagoon on Sun. Had a great time before.

Steekers

We are going down this weekend and staying until the next weekend! Chris and I are driving down on Friday night so we'll be ready for you on Saturday. No problem with a stay over and definatley play time in the lagoon with the ski's.

See ya then.

BW

steekers - 6-8-2009 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
[Steekers

We are going down this weekend and staying until the next weekend! Chris and I are driving down on Friday night so we'll be ready for you on Saturday. No problem with a stay over and definatley play time in the lagoon with the ski's.

See ya then.

BW

Awesome! See you then.

Hook - 6-8-2009 at 09:44 PM

The famous round house is NOT Costa del Sol.

Well, unless CDS relocated recently..............it was there eons before CDS started.

[Edited on 6-9-2009 by Hook]