BajaNomad

Stories of common Interest/Places

Skeet/Loreto - 6-16-2004 at 04:23 PM

Since I am the one Guilty of telling stories on the Cilantro Thread, How about getting some good stories going about some of the unique Places and Things experienced by the Baja Nomads.

Skiing was mentioned so i will start off with a ski Story.

Learned to Ski at Badger Pass in Yosemite the Winter of 1954. Rope tows and one "Pomao Lift" or " J Bar".

Joined the Fresno Ski Patrol a year later so that I could Ski Free on the Week ends.
Luggi Foger was head of the Ski School.

On Easter 1958 I was skiing in the Silver Ski Race and made an excellent Time the first Run, feeling Like I was the Champ , I bombed it on the Second run, missed a turn and Poped out of my Skis.
Very dejected I was driven home with several Water Glases of Red Wine where on I licked my wounds until the next week end!

Anybody on this Baja board Ski Badger ?

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"

Bizarre Baja California story

academicanarchist - 6-17-2004 at 05:12 AM

In 1975, I made an extensive tyour of the Peninsula missions with my parents.One bozarre episode occurred when we drove into Sta Rosalia. We spent the night there. Across the street was a cross dressing man in a dress, a her/him as I decided to call him. He/she was standing in front of a small room, watching us and the world go by.

Only on skinny skis Skeet.

jrbaja - 6-17-2004 at 07:55 AM

Drove down to Badger from Tahoe with a friend who was a ski hero in the Badger Pass area. The snow was mostly melted as we were there for Bastille day. For some reason, that's a big deal there.
Well, I happen to love nalgas in ski pants and the Badger area had no shortage.
What a blast. Almost considered moving there but when I returned to Tahoe, well, I just love nalgas in ski pants!:lol: