BajaNomad

Traditional Fiestas in Bahia Asuncion

shari - 6-27-2009 at 10:05 AM

I thought I would post this announcement now so that some of you planning your trip this summer might take in this really fun event. Our pal Ramon is the organizer this year and extends an invitation to all Nomads.
They take place on Aug.12-16 with the fishing tournament and dinner on the 14th...as well as the cabalgata (horse rally).

Events include, horse races..there will be quarter horses from te "outside"on sunday the 16th , rodeos, car race on the 12th, kayak races, maybe mountain bike races, beach volleyball, midway rides, dances every night with live bands, food stands, beer garden at the beach, fishing derby/dinner on saturday the 15th and is alot of fun for sure.
here are some photos of past fiestas to whet your appetite for this event...jdtrotter has lots of great photos too.

http://picasaweb.google.ca/sharibondy/TraditionalSummerFiest...

[Edited on 6-28-2009 by shari]

[Edited on 6-29-2009 by shari]

Bajaboy - 6-27-2009 at 11:22 AM

Do you need to buy a bracelet? Just kidding....kind of.....see you on Tuesday.

capt. mike - 6-27-2009 at 12:06 PM

i was always wondering......how do those guys feed those horses? no grazing lands there i am aware of, no hay barns, no alfalpha fields to mow. what do they use for horse fuel??

horse boarding here is muy expensive, several $$$s a month, more than an aircraft hangar - i know, i have some friends who have both a plane and horse(s)!

shari - 6-27-2009 at 12:12 PM

was wondering that myself BBoy:biggrin:

Actually there are alfalfa fields in vizcaino and some horses do graze the desert a well. There are several ranches around here and lots of folks in town have horses too and get alfalfa in vizcaino...

[Edited on 6-27-2009 by shari]

fishbuck - 6-27-2009 at 02:14 PM

Jamie is going to be very busy checking everyone for Bio Scam Bands that weekend.

Fishing tournement? Might have to do it. Juan booked yet?

shari - 6-27-2009 at 06:19 PM

snooze ya loose FB...some guys just booked Juan a couple hours ago...but Herman and you could buddy boat in our other panga!

duke62 - 6-29-2009 at 01:02 AM

Thanks for your posts, Shari, love them. Our friend Simo (free diving fiend) keeps telling us we neeed to get down your way. Hope, hope, hope....

shari - 6-29-2009 at 07:52 AM

I was just advised of the new dates...Aug.12-16th. I will post the events calendar when I get it....I revised the original post....looks like the surf competition will be the week before for some reason...possibly because they have a different beer company sponsor??

jorgie - 6-29-2009 at 08:20 AM

"beer company sponsor" there is only TECATE !!!!!