BajaNomad

Stop Feeding the Trolls

BajaNomad - 7-8-2009 at 01:01 PM

Just as a reminder, it's common among forum communities to have one or more people with intentions (that only they know the reasons/beliefs behind that drive them to do it), to upset others and/or gain an emotional reaction out of those others. They "attack" personally in order to control you remotely - and win when they get any sort of knee-jerk reaction from the intended target(s).

Problem is, when you give them that attention, they've "hooked" you on their fishing expedition, and the only result that will happen by responding to the troll is to have them continue further in their attempts to reel you (and/or others) in with further/deeper reactions. Trolls love the control. Stop giving them what they want.

Stop feeding the forum trolls at BajaNomad.

Report and ignore them.

So you know, from a technical standpoint, I can remove ALL of a users posts with a single mouse-click. If, however, you interact with a troll - and smear (I couldn't think of a better word at the moment) a thread by quoting/replying to them further, that's considerably more work for your humble board admin/mod (meaning me).

Your consideration and help is appreciated.

REMEMBER: report and ignore.

:light:

-
Doug

BajaNomad - 7-8-2009 at 01:05 PM

I believe it was quite a few years ago that cartoonist Mike Reed created a site on forum personalities, which he labeled "Flame Warriors".

For your info and humor, here's the link to that site:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

;D

BajaNomad - 7-8-2009 at 01:07 PM

Forum Troll

forum-troll.jpg - 37kB

BajaNomad - 7-8-2009 at 01:11 PM

Use the report button that looks like this:

And I'll get out the Troll Spray:

Troll_spray.jpg - 20kB

Cypress - 7-8-2009 at 01:27 PM

Trolls? What do those critters eat?:biggrin:

BajaNomad - 7-8-2009 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Trolls? What do those critters eat?
I believe that more than anything... they eat up everyones' time.

:smug:

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by BajaNomad]

toneart - 7-8-2009 at 03:19 PM

Thank you Doug! Much appreciated. :yes:

The rules

Sharksbaja - 7-8-2009 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Just as a reminder, it's common among forum communities to have one or more people with intentions (that only they know the reasons/beliefs behind that drive them to do it), to upset others and/or gain an emotional reaction out of those others. They "attack" personally in order to control you remotely - and win when they get any sort of knee-jerk reaction from the intended target(s).

Doug

4. The Service and the Sites include bulletin boards, chat rooms, and travelers' opinion pages which allow you and other users to post information, provide feedback to Q87 International and its affiliates, and interact in real-time. You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.

Obviously there is certain amount of tolerance regarding the rules and those "trolls" you talk about. And yes, replying or even defending to flammatory or untrue comments usually ends up as fodder to same.

Guilty here about engagement tho, why shouldn't I or anyone else defend lies and slandor. Would that really stop their shenanigans? I don't think it's right that people have to tiptoe around these jerks. That in itself is fundamentally wrong imho. I have to shut up or hold back or risk being attacked if I post something unbefitting to them? It goes way beyond adult conversation unfortunately sometimes.

Not everyone can roll that easy with the punches.Body armor and earplugs in place!;D

DENNIS - 7-8-2009 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
It goes way beyond adult conversation unfortunately sometimes.

You've got to be kidding. How ultra-sensitive are you who has invited personal combat with me through U2U?
It's like it has to be your world or nobody else's. You and that self-appointed guide for humanity, bajagottheruns.
Why don't you selfrightous leaders carry on your own personal dialogue. Tell each other how it should be and how people will suffer at your hand if it isn't.
People who try to guide those who don't need their assistance are frustrated priests.
You do your thing and I'll do mine.

fishbuck - 7-8-2009 at 04:36 PM

So "Adult Conversations" are alright then?:coolup:

David K - 7-8-2009 at 04:43 PM

Thanks Doug... It is good to see that you are out there and have some control over your site!

Now, if we can only get some of the old Baja gang back onto Nomad!

You have conversations?

Dave - 7-8-2009 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
So "Adult Conversations" are alright then?:coolup:

I thought it was just:

How much?

For what?

How long?

:rolleyes:

taxcutter - 7-8-2009 at 05:50 PM

Thanks Doug!
I read the forum at least weekly.
You have a great site that I recommend to everybody.
Sometimes it's fun to read and/or watch the toll wars.
Just don't bite on the bait.
Mark
da taxcutter

arrowhead - 7-8-2009 at 05:53 PM

Quote:
Guilty here about engagement tho, why shouldn't I or anyone else defend lies and slandor.

Boy, you really just don't get it.

Sharksbaja - 7-8-2009 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:
Guilty here about engagement tho, why shouldn't I or anyone else defend lies and slandor.

Boy, you really just don't get it.

100% correct pointy guy!

Is this thread about trolls? Oh crap, I thought it was tolls, OOPs! I guess it did get a few bites.

btw Dennis u gotta learn to get things in proper context, violence though? I'll be happy to engage you off line. Shame I/we don't live closer. We could toast something.;D

Now who says u can't be yourself, you???:lol::lol:

OK, Doug

Dave - 7-8-2009 at 06:43 PM

LOOK UP !!!! ^^^

There's one.

Sickum.

comitan - 7-8-2009 at 06:46 PM

Very, Very Nasty TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o:o

comitan - 7-8-2009 at 06:53 PM

Welcome back, it would be nice if you stayed, but you would get too carried away. Any friend of Dennis is a friend of mine, except DK.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

comitan - 7-8-2009 at 06:59 PM

Tom

How long do you think you have.:lol::lol:

David K - 7-8-2009 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Welcome back, it would be nice if you stayed, but you would get too carried away. Any friend of Dennis is a friend of mine, except DK.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Can't we all just get along?

Gee Wiz Comitan, what is it going to take to play nice? :?:

Seriously, can't we all agree to love Baja but respect our political opinions without bashing? :light:

I don't want any enemies here... the ones in Washington, the Middle East and North Korea are PLENTY!:biggrin:

Sharksbaja - 7-8-2009 at 07:00 PM

Now we're havin' fun.

Sooooo.....Comitan, jus gotta know, does that also mean any enemy of Dennis is an enemy of yours:?:

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

comitan - 7-8-2009 at 07:06 PM

Sorry Sharks I make enough of my own enemies without acquiring someone else s. I'm just bored tonight was suppose to go fishing and diving today, had to go to town instead so now its tomorrow so won't be visiting tomorrow night.

Sharksbaja - 7-8-2009 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackzebra
You have already been reported as a troll by Dennis.

Oh God not that!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yer ok Tom!:saint:

Dave - 7-8-2009 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Now we're havin' fun.

Sooooo.....Comitan, jus gotta know, does that also mean any enemy of Dennis is an enemy of yours:?:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Or, it might be enema...I forget things.

Sharksbaja - 7-8-2009 at 07:25 PM

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Damn, I must be everyones pal then!
:lol:

Unless someone tells me otherwise

Dave - 7-8-2009 at 07:29 PM

Quote:
Damn, I must be everyones pal then!
:lol:

You can be my friend. :saint:

Sharksbaja - 7-8-2009 at 07:59 PM

;D

Clever boy.

Say do you remember "Donehere"? He was a good one.

I finally get it!!!:light:

[Edited on 7-9-2009 by Sharksbaja]

BajaNomad - 7-8-2009 at 11:09 PM

(comment removed to avoid aggravating the situation)

Consider this a "bump".

:biggrin:

[Edited on 7-9-2009 by BajaNomad]

JESSE - 7-9-2009 at 01:55 AM

Can we play with the trolls?

Russ - 7-9-2009 at 06:44 AM

Doug, This guy ( http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/ ) has so many good pictures about the weird ( need professional help ) forum junkies I stole a few, 20 or so, to use as responses later. Very funny guy! thanks

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-9-2009 at 07:12 AM

[Edited on 7-9-2009 by ELINVESTI8]

Oso - 7-9-2009 at 07:17 AM

Doug, why is it that some "banned" posters are still posting?

vgabndo - 7-9-2009 at 10:32 AM

DK, how do you figure that when you choose to refer to President Obama as "The obama" that you don't feel that you are being inflamatory? In my judgment your ego is so tied-up in your post total that you can loose sight of your relative unimportance on this site. It seems to me that if you took your own advice you could still be the respected expert on Baja Missions and I wouldn't have to ignore your posts to avoid being offended by your ultra-conservative attitude.

mtgoat666 - 7-9-2009 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
DK, how do you figure that when you choose to refer to President Obama as "The obama" that you don't feel that you are being inflamatory? In my judgment your ego is so tied-up in your post total that you can loose sight of your relative unimportance on this site. It seems to me that if you took your own advice you could still be the respected expert on Baja Missions and I wouldn't have to ignore your posts to avoid being offended by your ultra-conservative attitude.

half of dk's post count is due to his being hooked by trolls. like many others here, he can't help but wear his politics on his sleeve (i wear my far left wing politics proudly displayed on my sleeve :lol::lol: )

[Edited on 7-9-2009 by mtgoat666]

k-rico - 7-9-2009 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Seriously, can't we all ... respect our political opinions without bashing? :light:

I don't want any enemies here... the ones in Washington ... are PLENTY!:biggrin:

hahaha, that's funny!

wsdunc - 7-9-2009 at 12:10 PM

Thanx Doug. Tough job/task.

Natalie Ann - 7-9-2009 at 12:26 PM

About wearing our politics on our sleeve....
It's summer now. Time to go sleeveless.:biggrin:

nena

Skipjack Joe - 7-9-2009 at 01:58 PM

Thanks Doug.

Unfortunately, sometimes it's hard to know what's a troll until several have responded. And then you look back and realize how it all started ...

oxxo - 7-9-2009 at 02:21 PM

Quote:
Seriously, can't we all ... respect our political opinions without bashing?

I suggest you take your "politcal opinions" to Off Topic, that's where they belong. Your "political opinions" about Washington have nothing to do with Baja. Posting them on the regular Baja Forum is nothing more than "trolling."

arrowhead - 7-9-2009 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
I suggest you take your "politcal opinions" to Off Topic, that's where they belong. Your "political opinions" about Washington have nothing to do with Baja. Posting them on the regular Baja Forum is nothing more than "trolling."

I'd have to disagree with you. Trolling is when somebody posts something for which he has no real conviction one way or the other. The purpose of the post is merely to get a reaction out of somebody else and engage them in a battle for personal reasons.

On the other hand, if a person honestly states his personal convictions -whether liberal or conservative, or even maniacal for some of the posters here -- that is not trolling. Many people here are just using the word "troll" to label anyone they do not agree with. That is disingenuous.

oxxo - 7-9-2009 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowheadOn the other hand, if a person honestly states his personal convictions -whether liberal or conservative, or even maniacal for some of the posters here -- that is not trolling. Many people here are just using the word "troll" to label anyone they do not agree with. That is disingenuous.

Really? I was just using the definition I am most familar with from Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

So I guess it depends on your definition as to who is being disingenuous.

[Edited on 7-9-2009 by oxxo]

DanO - 7-9-2009 at 03:34 PM

As Oxxo notes, according to the almost unassailable source Wikipedia, a troll is defined as follows:

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

Here's more from that entry, for some context:

"The contemporary use of the term is alleged to have first appeared on the internet in the late 1980s, but the earliest known example is from 1991. It is thought to be a truncation of the phrase trolling for suckers, itself derived from the fishing technique of slowly dragging a bait through water, known as trolling. The word also evokes the trolls portrayed in Scandinavian folklore and children's tales as they are often obnoxious creatures bent on mischief and wickedness. The verb "troll" originates from Old French "troller", a hunting term. The noun "troll", however, is an unrelated Old Norse word for a giant or demon.

The most likely derivation of the word troll can be found in the phrase "trolling for newbies," popularized in the early 1990s in the Usenet group, alt.folklore.urban (AFU). Commonly, what is meant is a relatively gentle inside joke by veteran users, presenting questions or topics that had been so overdone that only a new user would respond to them earnestly. For example, a veteran of the group might make a post on the common misconception that glass flows over time. Long-time readers would both recognize the poster's name and know that the topic had been done to death already, but new subscribers to the group would not realise, and would thus respond. These types of trolls served as a Shibboleth to identify group insiders. This definition of trolling, considerably narrower than the modern understanding of the term, was considered a positive contribution. One of the most notorious AFU trollers, Snopes, went on to create his eponymous urban folklore website.

By the late 1990s, alt.folklore.urban had such heavy traffic and participation that trolling of this sort was frowned upon. Others expanded the term to include the practice of playing a seriously misinformed or deluded user, even in newsgroups where one was not a regular; these were often attempts at humor rather than provocation. In such contexts, the noun troll usually referred to an act of trolling, rather than to the author."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We all know what "controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic" means. The more difficult element of the troll to nail down is whether it is posted "with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion." That sort of intent is hard to gauge with a new (or faux-new) user, based on just a handful of posts. But when someone who has made many "controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic" comments here and has been repeatedly been asked to cool it keeps doing it, one can reasonably infer several things:

1. Their primary intent is to provoke other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion;

2. They are completely self-absorbed and despite paying lip service to having a "dialogue" don't really give a s**t what anyone else thinks;

3. They are narcissists who long to be the center of attention, whether it's positive or negative, and have found the perfect vehicle to get them there; or

4. All of the above.

Hey, it's not like that shoe would fit anyone around here.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-9-2009 by DanO]

"controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic"

Skipjack Joe - 7-9-2009 at 04:34 PM

There are a number of nomads who think the board is boring and not worth visiting without "controversial and inflammatory" posts. And to some degree I see their point.

It's like those after school fights we had in junior high. They were great entertainment. In fact, the crowds got so big that sometimes you couldn't even see what was going on. Me, I was a big chicken. I was afraid they'd turn around and come after me instead.

So that's the fun of it, I guess: a rumble.

Curt63 - 7-9-2009 at 04:45 PM

Skipjack, you nailed it ..... Junior High entertainment.

Intent, tone and style

toneart - 7-9-2009 at 06:03 PM

usually determines whether the other person will accept the interchange as a welcome debate.

In an online forum most of us use an avatar. Many of us will reveal our names and where we live.

There are a very few who hide behind their avatars as cowards and flame away with insults. Their agenda is to "troll" until they get an adverse response. Their bait is ugly and it is offensive to most people. It is difficult to ignore them. I have taken the bait on occasion. My attitude is "I can't let them get away with that". It usually contains inflammatory statements that are generally regarded as anti-social. They are Sociopaths and they delight in upsetting people. When someone takes the bait, then they become the target of personal insults. These few violate the rules of the forum administrators and eventually get banned. They they reappear under the guise of a newby with a completely different avatar.

This forum is an enterprise that is set up by an individual (Doug). He has the right to set the rules. To administrate the rules is a difficult job. It involves striking a balance between tolerance and outright rejection of a violator. I hate censorship! I wouldn't like to have to determine what should be censored. Those who eventually get banned establish a pattern of abuse. Often their writing styles are recognizable. They have been here before.

Hot buttons in discussions: politics and religion. Attitudes about politics and religion are formed from early childhood and get validated, tolerated or rejected by life's experience. Proponents of one attitude or another range from people who try to avoid conflict, to moderates to fanatical ideologues.

As citizens of The United States, we are protected by the First Amendment when it comes to "Free Speech". That Right does carry responsibilities; you can't yell fire in a theater as a joke. You can't use hate to inflame other like-minded people to commit crimes. And
it doesn't apply to a forum where the owner gets to make the rules.
People like David K. or Dennis are not Trolls in my opinion. They may be driven by their own demons, but I would draw your attention to my first sentence; " Intent, tone and style usually determines whether the other person will accept the interchange as a welcome debate." I believe that, to some, their tone and or style can be abrasive, but I don't think their intent is malicious.

I don't want to single them out exclusively. I am just using them because they have been discussed in the context of Trolls. They have a lot to offer in this forum and I enjoy their posts, for the most part. Criticism probably won't work. I and others have tried (with David K). I have given up trying to get him to understand why and how his political interjections are unnecessary and unwanted. Now I just ignore those comments and take from him what information I can use. Dennis...he still be cool in my opinion.:D

In conclusion, we Nomads have a lot of similarities; mostly our affinity for Baja. We are all unique individuals and have different levels of tolerance, education and manner. Most of us belong here in spite of our wide levels of differences.:light:

oldlady - 7-9-2009 at 06:11 PM

Well done, oh musical one!

Osprey - 7-9-2009 at 06:23 PM

I don't think so. Tony, you are beginning to sound like the "little professor", Gnukiddy, who is intent on summerizing and recapping to us little people, who need that, to understand the language, the matrix of the forum. We get it. We really do. You do not have to give us the history of how this forum works or explain how you see its intricacies. Do you really think that after the gazillion opinions expressed and ill-expressed across the spectrum of this almost unlimited gabfest, we need to know about how you feel we should feel about intent, tone, style or presentation? You might by our GNUOLDKID.

We're gonna have a rumble, tonight ...

Skipjack Joe - 7-9-2009 at 06:33 PM

betterrumble.jpg - 50kB

Skipjack Joe - 7-9-2009 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
I don't believe in what you say, but I will defend your RIGHT to speak it... THAT SIR, is the American way!:biggrin:

Yes, Yes, David!! More, more.

You're feeling it now.

Tell them about Rush Limbaugh. I love that part. I always look forward to it.

Can't you just feel the electricity?!

It's gonna be goood.

k-rico - 7-9-2009 at 07:09 PM

Quote:

The missing fact is: my 'political comments' are ALWAYS in response to somebody who posted some socialist/ leftist/ liberal or anti American propaganda... I offered ANOTHER point of view, that's all.

Keep the leftist politics off Nomad, and those of us who value freedom will have no reason to post our views, for balance. You don't like conservative, traditional American values? Then don't post your big government/ less freedom stuff. Otherwise, don't get cranky over some equal time from us.

Why are the lefties so fearful of other opinions, so people can make an intelligent decision??? The 'fairness doctrain' is just an example of how they want to shut down the conservative talk radio programs... that are already in balance to all the pro-Obama media (ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, New York Times, etc. etc.)... They want it all and the ending of free speech is what they seek.

Wow!! David K at his best. Amazing.

[Edited on 7-10-2009 by k-rico]

rts551 - 7-9-2009 at 07:13 PM

The entertainment factor sure hasn't changed.

Hook - 7-9-2009 at 07:34 PM

It would make things much easier if we could get past the definitions of trolls and just have Doug identify who the offending parties are. Hey, maybe I am one. I honestly dont know.

I mean, the thread on not feeding the trolls is digressing into something that looks a lot like the usual Nomad thread of late.

Reminds me of the California Legislature. Lots of verbage but no action.

How bout a poll?????????????

[Edited on 7-10-2009 by Hook]

Timo1 - 7-9-2009 at 07:45 PM

After reading all this crap and trying to figure it all out...
I think I'm guilty

Hi....my name is Timo and I think I might be a troll

mtgoat666 - 7-9-2009 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Art, sorry but you missed one bit of fact with this little remark about how you and others have tried to 're-educate' me:

"I and others have tried (with David K). I have given up trying to get him to understand why and how his political interjections are unnecessary and unwanted."

The missing fact is: my 'political comments' are ALWAYS in response to somebody who posted some socialist/ leftist/ liberal or anti American propaganda... I offered ANOTHER point of view, that's all.

Keep the leftist politics off Nomad, and those of us who value freedom will have no reason to post our views, for balance. You don't like conservative, traditional American values? Then don't post your big government/ less freedom stuff. Otherwise, don't get cranky over some equal time from us.

Why are the lefties so fearful of other opinions, so people can make an intelligent decision??? The 'fairness doctrain' is just an example of how they want to shut down the conservative talk radio programs... that are already in balance to all the pro-Obama media (ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, New York Times, etc. etc.)... They want it all and the ending of free speech is what they seek.

You go, girl!! :bounce::bounce:

toneart - 7-9-2009 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
I don't think so. Tony, you are beginning to sound like the "little professor", Gnukiddy, who is intent on summerizing and recapping to us little people, who need that, to understand the language, the matrix of the forum. We get it. We really do. You do not have to give us the history of how this forum works or explain how you see its intricacies. Do you really think that after the gazillion opinions expressed and ill-expressed across the spectrum of this almost unlimited gabfest, we need to know about how you feel we should feel about intent, tone, style or presentation? You might by our GNUOLDKID.

That's fine, Osprey. My perspective is what I have to offer. You don't have to agree. It is not my intention to speak down to you. If you think you speak for everyone on the forum go ahead and tell us how your opinion is superior, which is what I think you just did.:yawn:

Sharksbaja - 7-9-2009 at 09:45 PM

i want mommy

DENNIS - 7-9-2009 at 10:05 PM

Harry Truman said it best. "If you can't handel the heat, jump into a box of cold Pacifico."

Did someone call for a Troll?

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-10-2009 at 05:58 AM

DanO - 7-10-2009 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Reminds me of the California Legislature. Lots of verbage but no action.

Well put.

DanO - 7-10-2009 at 10:38 AM

Quote:

David, I like to tell my wife when she accuses me of ALWAYS doing one thing or NEVER doing another, that she should avoid the use of such superlatives. I am simply not that consistent or perfect. Neither are you. In this very thread, in the 21st post, you posted a political point of view (our enemies are in Washington). There isn't a single bit of "socialist/ leftist/ liberal or anti American propaganda" in any of the 20 posts above it. (Apparently, your inner 9-year old got all cranky when Wiley said he doesn't like you -- waaahh!!) Go read it, and then do us all a favor and cut the "I'm only playing defense" act. This is by far not the only example -- your posts speak for themselves. If you're going to talk the political talk, quit being a wimp about it and take your lumps instead of pretending you're just a simple gatekeeper defending the fortress of the board from the advancing yellow hordes. Noboby's buying it.

comitan - 7-10-2009 at 10:50 AM

Dan

Thank you!!!!!:D:D

bajajudy - 7-10-2009 at 11:08 AM

WOW
Doug is a troll.
:lol:;):saint::lol:;):saint::lol:;):saint::P

Sharksbaja - 7-10-2009 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
WOW
Doug is a troll.

Ahem.... that's "Head Troll" to you!:saint:

When in Rome...:bounce:

Cypress - 7-10-2009 at 12:49 PM

Trolls keep the pot stirred.:bounce: They keep "jerking the chain". More power to 'em.:tumble:

DENNIS - 7-10-2009 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Trolls keep the pot stirred.:bounce: They keep "jerking the chain". More power to 'em.:tumble:

Good for you, Cypress. There's a good side to everything if only others will look for it.

Cypress - 7-10-2009 at 01:29 PM

DENNIS, Thanks!:)

Hey Doug,

The Gull - 7-10-2009 at 02:04 PM

Aren't you glad you posted this message about Trolls?

David K - 7-10-2009 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
Quote:

David, I like to tell my wife when she accuses me of ALWAYS doing one thing or NEVER doing another, that she should avoid the use of such superlatives. I am simply not that consistent or perfect. Neither are you. In this very thread, in the 21st post, you posted a political point of view (our enemies are in Washington). There isn't a single bit of "socialist/ leftist/ liberal or anti American propaganda" in any of the 20 posts above it. (Apparently, your inner 9-year old got all cranky when Wiley said he doesn't like you -- waaahh!!) Go read it, and then do us all a favor and cut the "I'm only playing defense" act. This is by far not the only example -- your posts speak for themselves. If you're going to talk the political talk, quit being a wimp about it and take your lumps instead of pretending you're just a simple gatekeeper defending the fortress of the board from the advancing yellow hordes. Noboby's buying it.

Okay DanO, I guess my memory is short on this... So, am I ever allowed to be free to speak my beliefs here... or is this a liberals-only Mecca of ideas web site???

mtgoat666 - 7-10-2009 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okay DanO, I guess my memory is short on this... So, am I ever allowed to be free to speak my beliefs here... or is this a liberals-only Mecca of ideas web site???

dk, don't worry, the right wingnuts on nomad outnumber liberals 7 to 3. you are not lacking for companions in conservativism, and stick-in-the-mud idealism. you got lots of flat earth cohorts, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

DanO - 7-10-2009 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude, I can hardly claim to be the arbiter of what can and can't be said in my own house, let alone this board (and I'm not going to get into a peeing match over whose Mecca this is or isn't, because the answer doesn't appear at all clear to me). My point is, if you're going to take the first punch, just do it and don't claim self defense when you get called on it. For my own part, I'd love to see political discussions occur in the weirdly named "political" forum, but that's obviously a pipe dream.

rts551 - 7-10-2009 at 05:12 PM

David. Take it to off-topic where you have lots of friends.

I prefer to read about Baja

[Edited on 7-11-2009 by rts551]

Skipjack Joe - 7-10-2009 at 05:14 PM

Quote:

... So, am I ever allowed to be free to speak my beliefs here...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Folks, that's his 18,973rd post !!!

I can't hold my stomach any more.

Keep it nice Sharks

beercan - 7-10-2009 at 05:43 PM

I will be in yur neighborhood soon and I will be looking for some Good Seafood---

toneart - 7-10-2009 at 05:50 PM

Everybody's posts in this string are funny as hell! So, here's to y'all....and to me too: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dennis and I are laughing in our iced down Pacificos.:bounce::bounce:

jeans - 7-10-2009 at 06:07 PM

That observation, Skipjack, is the flat-out funniest thing I've read on this board in a long, long time...CLASSIC DK :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

oxxo - 7-10-2009 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
So, am I ever allowed to be free to speak my beliefs here... or is this a liberals-only Mecca of ideas web site???

David, just take it to Off Topic where it belongs. How much more clear can it be made?

norte - 7-10-2009 at 06:49 PM

"why is everybody always picking on me" or so the song goes

edit for spelling

[Edited on 7-11-2009 by norte]

comitan - 7-10-2009 at 07:28 PM

Just keep the Torch going don't let it burn out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bajamigo - 7-10-2009 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

CLASSIC! :yes:

Von - 7-10-2009 at 08:26 PM

Hey whats going on here Can this post disapear?

DianaT - 7-11-2009 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
WOW
Doug is a troll.

Sure turned out that way.

:lol::lol::lol:

BajaNomad - 7-27-2009 at 10:23 PM

Just a friendly reminder....

Stop feeding the trolls.

-
Doug

DianaT - 7-27-2009 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Just a friendly reminder....

Stop feeding the trolls.

-
Doug

Geez there is that one that seems to be the same one who shows up night after night and maybe he will stop if he starves!

We only hope so.!

Diane

grmpb - 4-20-2010 at 06:02 AM

:?:

jak - 4-20-2010 at 09:00 AM

And the title of "Legendary Troller" goes to.........

DENNIS - 4-20-2010 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jak

5 o'clock Charley

DianaT - 4-20-2010 at 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by jak

5 o'clock Charley

With no competition? :lol::lol:

jak - 4-21-2010 at 05:53 AM

Oh Gee.... I should look at dates, someone resurrected a thread that is almost a year old. :?:

The Troll Hunter is a true Viking and is tasked with elimination of all Trolls.

durrelllrobert - 5-12-2012 at 09:34 AM

http://www.trollhunterfilm.com/