BajaNomad

SSW Swell coming

Curt63 - 7-20-2009 at 07:29 PM

Southern Baja Surf Forecast Outlook: Fun size surf will prevail through mid week, heavily favoring the Pacific side breaks. A much larger SSW swell will build in by the end of the week.

LOCAL CABO SURF FORECAST (Surf sizes are face heights of the front of the waves)

Monday 07/20 FAIR+ SURF: 3-4 ft. - waist to chest high and fair+ conditions.

Tuesday 07/21 FAIR-GOOD SURF: 3-4 ft. + - waist to shoulder high and fair-good conditions.

Wednesday 07/22 FAIR-GOOD SURF: 3-4 ft. + - waist to shoulder high and fair-good conditions

Thursday 07/23 GOOD SURF: 6-10 ft. - head high + to double overhead occasionally 12 ft. and good conditions.

Friday 07/24 GOOD SURF: 6-10 ft. - head high + to double overhead occasionally 12 ft. and good conditions

Hopefully Aquaman will send more of those excellent pics if it hits

surfer jim - 7-20-2009 at 09:20 PM

I will be on my way Wednesday I hope.....to a secret location......;)

woody with a view - 7-21-2009 at 06:05 AM

don't you guys know how scary it is down there. banditos, cops, drunk drivers, cartel, no fish, lotsa sharks and the wind will probably howl all weekend......

oh yeah, don't forget the boys hiding in the shadows of the cardon......

:rolleyes:

805gregg - 7-21-2009 at 07:03 AM

Looks like a boat trip to the islands is in order.

shari - 7-21-2009 at 07:07 AM

wooo hooo....the kids are stoked here...surfing in the village on this swell. Plus we have some wussies from todos santos escaping the heat who might catch a wave or three.:lol::lol:
It will shut down the abalone divers though...good...more work on the rock house might get done!

BFS - 7-21-2009 at 09:36 AM

Its been hitting for almost a week now, ever since Carlos showed up. Superb shape pretty much everywhere.
Ive been surfing in "town" so I cant take any piccies for risk of getting clubbed, waxed up and targeted for constant drop ins. That forecast looks interesting. Im not actually sure which way to go......I think its time to roll out the camper, re-fill the Pacifico cases, buy some tortillas, and see which way the Beast wants to go.
More to follow.......
Aq

BajaGeoff - 7-21-2009 at 09:39 AM

Gonna be a great week to be a surfer!

woody with a view - 7-21-2009 at 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by aqbluegreen
Its been hitting for almost a week now, ever since Carlos showed up. Superb shape pretty much everywhere.
Ive been surfing in "town" so I cant take any piccies for risk of getting clubbed, waxed up and targeted for constant drop ins. That forecast looks interesting. Im not actually sure which way to go......I think its time to roll out the camper, re-fill the Pacifico cases, buy some tortillas, and see which way the Beast wants to go.
More to follow.......
Aq

a man with a plan.......

BajaGeoff - 7-21-2009 at 11:22 AM

I am aqbluegreenwithenvy.

Woooosh - 7-21-2009 at 02:07 PM

i even got the dings on my longboard repaired. bring it on.

BajaGeoff - 7-21-2009 at 03:01 PM

I did not know you were a wave slider Woooosh.....

Curt63 - 7-23-2009 at 07:29 PM

Come on Guys and Gals

in Baja or not, lets hear about it.

San Elijo was a pushy 4-6' this afternoon with 71 degree water. So fun!

More waves tommorrow

bajachris - 7-23-2009 at 10:11 PM

The waves were not huge here in Del Mar, CA, but the water is sooooo warm. Maybe 2-3 foot.

Heading to Scorpion Bay!

Supposed to very big tomorrow and Saturday up Northern Cal.

shari - 7-24-2009 at 06:52 AM

the swell here this morning is about 12' when it hits the beach...it is passing over the big reef in front of our place no sweat...wooo hooo...supposed to build a bit more and ease off tomorrow morning. I'm gonna go take some pics when the sun breaks out.
It spit a bit last night too....about 40 drops i figure.