BajaNomad

East Cape goes off and it looks like it is here to stay

vseasport - 7-24-2009 at 08:34 PM

Conditions have improved dramatically this week and it looks like they are here to stay! With visibility of 80 feet and water temperatures in the low 80's Fahrenheit we really have been spoilt and it only looks like getting better. Cabo Pulmo is positively thriving, everything appears more colourful and vibrant as the sun from the surface bathes the reef in light. The Yellow Snapper have decided that it's their turn to dominate the reef and consequently it's literally impossible to look in any direction without seeing them. I remember this from previous years here and it looks like, as before, their numbers will only increase as the year progresses. Lobster have also decided to come out of hiding, it seems that I am finding them under every rock, a far cry from a month ago when I struggled to find any. Highlight of the week was the Hawksbill turtle seen at Punta Pescadero; I was with a group of young students on their first ever dive when we had the encounter, how lucky were they?!

[Edited on 7-25-2009 by vseasport]

smaller.jpg - 45kB

heike - 7-25-2009 at 07:58 AM

Nice post!

elizabeth - 7-25-2009 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vseasport
Highlight of the week was the Hawksbill turtle seen at Punta Pescadero; I was with a group of young students on their first ever dive when we had the encounter, how lucky were they?!

[Edited on 7-25-2009 by vseasport]

They were very lucky...it happened to me on my very first dive...I saw a turtle and I was hooked on diving!

Nice photo...

DianaT - 7-25-2009 at 09:08 AM

I like that photo a lot---really nice.

Thanks

Diane

Bwana_John - 7-25-2009 at 12:39 PM

Another nice infomercial. :rolleyes:

Geo_Skip - 7-26-2009 at 09:05 AM

Thanks vesaport for another tug at my heartstrings...wish I could be there.. Great photos