BajaNomad

Posada Don Diego

woody with a view - 7-28-2009 at 04:32 PM

didn't want this to get lost in another thread.....

Located in Vicente Guerrero. the turn off is right at the propane plant and the CFE electric co heading west.

we arrived at the Posada about 8pm just in time to sample their shrimp tacos and margaritas which were outstanding!!!!!!! we had room #6 reserved and it was clean and VERY quiet. they even had a coffee maker in the room. the tiled showers were very clean. apparently they have a sunday brunch for 100 pesos that is top notch!!!!

$40 for 2 queen beds and dinner for 2 with 5 drinks $24 plus tip.

HIGHLY RECOMEND!!!!

rez/info/directions: posadadondiego@yahoo.com

DianaT - 7-28-2009 at 04:46 PM

We ate there a few times a number of years ago and the food was good. Right now we are usually staying at my sister's home that is on the beach just a little north of Vicente Guerrero.

However, she is not always there----so thanks,

One question if you know----dog friendly?

Thanks

Diane

irenemm - 7-28-2009 at 07:56 PM

yes very friendly but they can not come into the restaurant. but are welcome in the rooms or the park,
are you at costa brava?

DianaT - 7-28-2009 at 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by irenemm
yes very friendly but they can not come into the restaurant. but are welcome in the rooms or the park,
are you at costa brava?

No, but my sister is in Costa Brava. :-)

Irene, check your U2U--

[Edited on 7-29-2009 by jdtrotter]

irenemm - 7-28-2009 at 09:21 PM

I don't know what U2U is but maybe it is that i did not write clear

dogs can not go in the resturant. but the place is friendly to them. you can take them in the rooms or for the camp ground no problem

DianaT - 7-28-2009 at 09:28 PM

Irene, I forgot you are new to this forum. A U2U is a personal message. When you are signed in, look up in the far right corner and it will say you have 1 new message.

Click on that and you will see where to click to read the message. Then if you want to respond, go to the bottom and hit the bottom that says submit changes and type your response and submit.

It is a positive personal message---please read and hope you respond.

Diane

DianaT - 7-28-2009 at 10:07 PM

Irene,

Go back to the U2U---I sent another message and it may not show yet on your screen

Diane

irenemm - 7-28-2009 at 10:25 PM

Diane,
I may have deleted my answer to your 2nd u2u would you let me know please
I think I sent it and then i was going to send something new and now it looks like it is gone.
I am new at this.

DianaT - 7-28-2009 at 10:40 PM

Quote:
Diane,
I may have deleted my answer to your 2nd u2u would you let me know please
I think I sent it and then i was going to send something new and now it looks like it is gone.
I am new at this.

I got the mesage and now, for everyone else!

When I saw the name Irene, it started ringing old bells because of my family connections in the area. Well, I was correct.

Irene is the owner of Don Diegos and did not know that it would be ok to post her website on this forum. As I told her, many remember Don Diegos as only a very good restaurant and RV place and did not know they have rooms available----very nice ones, according to Woody.

I also told her that it is important information since all of us are always looking for good places to stay and of course, good places to eat. :lol: Also, since they are not right on the highway, it is easy to pass by. She did not want to sound like the owner saying too many nice things about her place, but we now have Woody's stamp of approval, so we know it is a good place. :yes:

Irene says they are working on a new website, but for now, this is their site. Don Diegos

So Irene, welcome to the Baja Nomad Forum and do put your website in your signature.

We hope to see you soon.

Diane

irenemm - 7-28-2009 at 10:56 PM

I want all of you to know that I am the owner of the Posada Don Diego along with my husband Jose. I did not know you could use this page and write about your business as some pages do not let you do that.
Diane did figure it out although she has never meant me. But I think she may remember my name from when she came here a few years ago. I do know her sister as she is one of my friends and a very good client at the Posada Don Diego.
We have been in business since 1970 we bought this in 1979 and have run it ourselfs since 1981. We have meant many people over the years. But know it is a whole new group of people on the Baja. Many of the people we have taken care have now gone to the Baja in sky. We have always been a hard place to find as we have only 1 sign on the road at the entrance.
Our restaurant is open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. til 9 p.m. Our R.V. Park have 100 spaces with about 25 full timers. WE have 4 motel rooms.
give us a call or email us. our web page will be updated soon.
www.posadadondiego.com or email posadadondiego@yahoo.com
come by and see us we would love to have the change to serve you.
Irene

irenemm - 7-28-2009 at 10:58 PM

Thank you Diane

David K - 7-29-2009 at 06:58 AM

Quote:
I want all of you to know that I am the owner of the Posada Don Diego along with my husband Jose. I did not know you could use this page and write about your business as some pages do not let you do that.
Diane did figure it out although she has never meant me. But I think she may remember my name from when she came here a few years ago. I do know her sister as she is one of my friends and a very good client at the Posada Don Diego.
We have been in business since 1970 we bought this in 1979 and have run it ourselfs since 1981. We have meant many people over the years. But know it is a whole new group of people on the Baja. Many of the people we have taken care have now gone to the Baja in sky. We have always been a hard place to find as we have only 1 sign on the road at the entrance.
Our restaurant is open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. til 9 p.m. Our R.V. Park have 100 spaces with about 25 full timers. WE have 4 motel rooms.
give us a call or email us. our web page will be updated soon.
www.posadadondiego.com or email posadadondiego@yahoo.com
come by and see us we would love to have the change to serve you.
Irene

Welcome to Nomad Irene!

I think it is helpful for you to tell us about your business in this case, in this thread... Otherwise, self promoting Baja business owners have the Classified Ads forums here on Nomad to use.

I have many memories of Posada Don Diego from the 1980's... Met the girl who became my wife and mother of my children there... during a Mexico West (Tom & Shirley Miller) event!

Thanks for maintaining a great service to travelers!
David

DianaT - 7-29-2009 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Welcome to Nomad Irene!

I think it is helpful for you to tell us about your business in this case, in this thread... Otherwise, self promoting Baja business owners have the Classified Ads forums here on Nomad to use.

Thanks for maintaining a great service to travelers!
David

Yes there is a classified place if you really want to run ads. However, as I mentioned to you in the U2U, put your website in your signature and then where there are any updates or information about your place, just post it. And be sure to participate in many discussions.

There are a number of people who do exactly that and do not pay for classified ads. Some web-sites do not allow business websites in the signatures, or businesses to be mentioned at all anywhere.

Now, if Doug wants to do it that way, he certainly has the right to do so and restrict any mention of business to the classified.

Meantitme, David, I think it is quite unfair for you to suggest this to a new person on the forum ---here is a partial list of nomads who self-promote their businesses on this forum and not in the classified.

Yes, some SELDOM mention their business, but everyone knows it is there and they have web-sites in their signatures and I have not heard you complain about any of them????? So why put this off on a new person.

Partial List----and please, I find nothing objectionable about any of this---in fact, many of us like hearing what is happening at these businesses ---just making a point that it is hardly fair to suggest describing a business once to a newbie and then use the classified.

Baja Cactus
shari
Bob and Susan
Baja Judy
I forget the name, but the owners of Los Olivos started posting
CaboMagic
AND there are many more---I just do not remember at the moment.

So is it fair to suggest something different for Irene? Yes, I know, you are trying to make money for the board and will say you are just looking out for Doug's best interest---OK, but be fair and suggest the same thing to everyone of these other people when they post.

Irene, I know you are going to be gone today, but please do not let this change your mind about being on this forum. If the owner of the forum wants something different, his name is Doug and he will let you know.

Meantime, if you need help with getting your web-site into your signature, ask and I will help. Also, PLEASE keep posting in lots of different discussions.

Diane

David K - 7-29-2009 at 08:03 AM

Dear Diane,

She is a new Nomad and seems to want to play by the rules... I think it is FINE what she posted here about her business, and said so (did you miss that?). In the meantime, instead of just telling her about the signature, it seems she would benefit by you showing her what a signature is and how to add it...?

I sure want Irene to post more here... and you picking a fight with me in this thread (instead of u2u) is not productive. Your constant hostility towards me is unappreciated and counter to the Nomad theme of Peace, Love and Fish Tacos.

David

DianaT - 7-29-2009 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Dear Diane,

She is a new Nomad and seems to want to play by the rules... I think it is FINE what she posted here about her business, and said so (did you miss that?). In the meantime, instead of just telling her about the signature, it seems she would benefit by you showing her what a signature is and how to add it...?

I sure want Irene to post more here... and you picking a fight with me in this thread (instead of u2u) is not productive. Your constant hostility towards me is unappreciated and counter to the Nomad theme of Peace, Love and Fish Tacos.

David

No David, I did not miss what you said.

Quote:

And THAT is what I said was unfair unless you are consistent. Now, if any part of my post was "hostile", please quote it.

So, I disagreed with you, and that is hostile?

Again, please just be consistent with your statement about self-promoting businesses with everyone.

Diane

wilderone - 7-29-2009 at 08:15 AM

Glad to know about your accommodations, Irene - thanks for posting.

rts551 - 7-29-2009 at 08:17 AM

Thanks Irene... Brings back a lot of memories.

and thanks Diane for helping Irene bring this information forward to baja travelers.

BajaNomad - 7-29-2009 at 10:19 AM

Fortunately (thank you!) this isn't much of an issue here - and both David and Diane are correct in what they're attempting to communicate.

Irene, welcome, glad to have you here. :yes:

Clarification(s):

Two of the top items listed in the "Board Rules" are these:

1. Topics within the BajaNomad.com forums will pertain the Baja California, Mexico peninsula.

2. Topics should be posted in the forum most applicable to the subject of the posting. Advertising is only allowed in the Classifieds section.

If you're posting an advertisement, it goes in the Classifieds section. If you're posting timely and pertinent information of interest for Baja California travelers, even if it involves your business, it may be okay in the info forums.

Moderator(s) get to make a judgement as to whether it's an ad, or pertinent info. Currently I'm it though in making this determination.

Regarding business signatures: These are absolutely appropriate - including having a link to your business. It's of interest to everyone, and mutual benefit to know that connection for everyone as well. Try to avoid having your signature take up more space than your messages themselves. It's not in your best interest (nor this site's), as people push back from being promoted to in such "heavy" fashion.

People that understand the long-term commitment of visibility gained through time of participating here with valuable information... will generally gain the credibility needed to turn that visibility into some consistent business for them as well. Those that simply promote themselves without "giving" to the community up front, will generally find little reward for their misguided efforts.

:cool:

-
Doug

woody with a view - 7-29-2009 at 10:38 AM

can you clarify?

Quote:

Currently I'm it though in making this determination.

we're sure YOU know what you meant!:lol::lol::lol:

Bajahowodd - 7-29-2009 at 11:59 AM

For want of a couple of commas?:lol:

DianaT - 7-29-2009 at 12:10 PM

I am truly sorry I suggested to Irene that she do what so many others have done. Yes, she is new to nomads, but there are many who have known her and her business for years---many who were not aware of the rooms.

She feared being called self-promoting and I assured her not to worry about it. I told her I would help her set up the signature and suggested the following.

1. She post about the changes at Don Diego's and say that she is the owner

2. We get the web-site into her signature

3. She continue to join the discussion on other threads as she had started doing and share her knowledge and experiences in Baja as she has been there for so long.

4. When there were special events or changes at Don Diego's, she post about it.

I am just really sorry and have personally apologized to her for someone calling her "self-promoting"---the thing she wanted to avoid. And it was my fault for encouraging her for getting involved. Using the phrase "self-promoting" was truly a rude welcome to someone who many know and who has been a part of Baja for many, many years.

Thank you for posting Doug---it is up to you to decide. I am just sorry her worst fear came true.

This was my mistake and it will not happen again----I appreciate what you do Doug and how you handle things. And I can't imagine that you would have used such insulting language.

[Edited on 7-29-2009 by jdtrotter]

irenemm - 7-29-2009 at 12:28 PM

Oh Diane
I want to thank you for what you have done. Please do not feel bad that is ok for me. I did get another really nice person to tell he how to put my signature on. If Doug feels that I have done something wrong than so be it. I was told of this site my someone who stayed with us a few weeks ago and he posted that we had rooms he has stayed with us many times. that person did stay with us and he told me how to add my signature.
We are a pretty laid back place. It has always been that those that stay with us are some of the best on the Baja because we have always been word of month. Not everyone loves the Baja some are just hiding and those are not what we want. I know I am one of the best places on the Baja as i have been told that for many years. I have been here myself since april 1981. this is my only home. We have tried always to make people feel at home with us. As I am one who thinks I will treat someone the way I want to be treated.
Thanks again Diane, Larry and Robert you all know your welcome here any time.
I will post when I can about what I might know.

woody with a view - 7-29-2009 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
For want of a couple of commas?:lol:

claro!!!

woody with a view - 7-29-2009 at 12:38 PM

Irene

it seems there is confusion here. don't worry. you are right to promote your business as MANY others do here. i really enjoyed my stay there and i hope others will try to find out for themselves. glad you got your signature up.

don't be a stranger here.

woody with a view - 7-29-2009 at 12:41 PM

one more suggestion.

put the "http://www." in front of posadadondiego.com in your signature and it will become a hotlink (clickable to go right to your website).

BajaNomad - 7-29-2009 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
can you clarify?

Quote:

Currently I'm it though in making this determination.

we're sure YOU know what you meant!:lol::lol::lol:

I'm "it" - as in, I'm the only person that's currently carrying out any moderation determinations as to if a posting is better suited for the Classifieds section (or not).

Maybe that helps clarify... maybe not....

-
Doug

irenemm - 7-29-2009 at 03:27 PM

woody
Thanks, I did change it. hope to see you again.

CaboMagic - 7-29-2009 at 04:42 PM

Wed afternoon greetings amigos and amigas ~

Irene, congratulations on your 'thri-vival' and best fishes for much continued happiness!

I continue to drop in here now-n-then to see whats happening .. I used to do so more often to reply to a query I felt I could provide a helpful or at least useful bit of info to.

When I read posts/threads that provoke thinking, consideration, and feel I can provide a useful reply I do so .. I am truly in awe of some writing skills of some nomads .. and their ability to convey thoughts & feelings ..

Just wanted to lend my support is all ..

Cabo San Lucas today .. lots of Yellowfin Tuna 6 miles out from the lighthouse ..

"CABO MAGIC" is in the Bisbees East Cape Event .. thanks for the well wishes <wink wink smile smile>

www.cabomagic.com need to add that to signature!
edited to add signature .. hope I did it right .. and thanks for that suggestion!

[Edited on 7-29-2009 by CaboMagic]

David K - 7-29-2009 at 06:54 PM

Irene, do you remember Tom & Shirley Miller and the Mexico West group campouts at Posada Don Diego...? I was at two in 1984. We filled the place I think...

irenemm - 7-29-2009 at 07:08 PM

Yes DAvid I do
Shirley and Tom were very good freinds with us. Yes they did have a few events here as did the Vags.
tom and shirley later divorced and tom passed away. Have not hear anything about shirley in a while. Last I heard she was in Costa Rica
We had some really good parties in the 80's
If you remember the place is pretty big.when was the last time you came in off the road?

rts551 - 7-29-2009 at 07:30 PM

Irene

I travel back and forth quiet often to BCS... not just a once a year vacation. We travel during the week with our animals and sometimes a trailer for the ATV's. Do you take dogs in the room (to sleep on the floor) and is there a place to park the trailer? Are reservations recommended if traveling during the week?

Thanks for providing another service for Baja travelers

David K - 7-29-2009 at 09:08 PM

Quote:
Yes DAvid I do
Shirley and Tom were very good freinds with us. Yes they did have a few events here as did the Vags.
tom and shirley later divorced and tom passed away. Have not hear anything about shirley in a while. Last I heard she was in Costa Rica
We had some really good parties in the 80's
If you remember the place is pretty big.when was the last time you came in off the road?

Shirley was done with her Costa Rica thing and back in the U.S. , up in the Northwest (Washington?)... We emailed some a few years ago then ? Haven't heard from her in awhile. Perhaps Hugh and Carol of Discover Baja have some news... Shirley was great lady!

Sadly, I haven't been right to your place since 1985, I don't believe... That needs to change! Thank you...

irenemm - 7-29-2009 at 10:27 PM

Thanks, David for the information on Shirley. Yes she was a really neat lady.
Like I said before we really only get the best to stay here.
I have said for many years if you stayed at the rest now you can stay at the best. The Posada don Diego.

Soulpatch
I hope you do stop by some time I am sure you will like what you see. Come in and relax.
irene

DianaT - 7-29-2009 at 10:30 PM

Irene,
Check you U2U again, please. I will check back in the morning before we leave if I do not hear from you tonight.

Diane

[Edited on 7-30-2009 by jdtrotter]

irenemm - 7-29-2009 at 10:34 PM

rts551
Yes we allow dogs in our rooms. We know many people and they like to come and stay the dogs.
Yes we have plenty of room to park a trailer you can put in right in front of your room or you can park in an rv space with full hook-up our park has only about 75 spaces now as 25 has full timers. We have many pull thru
reservation for the park not necessary but for the room it is good get. Either email or call.
thanks irene

irenemm - 7-29-2009 at 10:40 PM

Cabomagic
Thanks for your support
Irene

wsdunc - 7-30-2009 at 12:04 PM

Posado Don Diego has been our standard stop in the way home from Baja trips since 1981. Several generations of family dogs have stayed with us there. I remember a St Bernard (Bruno?) who used to live there. Over the years we have had many good meals there. And great margaritas, which we occasionally over indulged in. This caused them to be named the "margaritas of death". In fact we would as often say "the margaritas of death place" as "Posado Don Diego". Thanx for the memories Irene.

noproblemo2 - 7-30-2009 at 08:35 PM

Irene, it's so great to hear from you!! Richard my hubby is the one you used to get your ads in Woodalls, he says hola to you and Jose...

irenemm - 8-14-2009 at 06:45 PM

wsdunc
yes our dog was brutis a st. bernard who loved all that stayed.
then we had ralph and just a few years ago we had lucas who new how to play all the campers when they got here.
this has been a great run for us. I have so enjoyed over the years meeting all the people and sharing my family changing over the years.
in 1981 my children were 3,5, and 7 now the youngest grandchild is 1 1/2.
thanks to all who have stayed with us and who will stay with us in the furture.
noproblemo2 when are you going to stop by again?

noproblemo2 - 8-14-2009 at 11:03 PM

We're hoping for this fall... It is so nice to know you are all doing well. U2U coming your way...:D

Steve in Oro Valley - 11-17-2009 at 10:08 AM

Hola Irene:

We met Irene in 1990 (My wife and daughter) and had a very nice discussion about the Baja California education system while looking over some old whale bones in front of the restaurant...

Since that time and subsequent visits, we always have enjoyed the great food at the restaurant....

Mexico West Travel Club (Shirley Miller) used to tout it as a must stop on the way south and so did the Vagabundos group...

Nice to have you on this board, IRENE...

Steve and Ginny in Oro Valley

larryC - 12-11-2009 at 08:46 AM

Just thought I would tell you about a meal I had at Don Diegos on my last visit. I am not usually a breakfast pereson cause I usually eat too much at dinner and am not hungry in the am. But on this visit Irene suggested we try the breakfast special, a 3 egg omlete covered in a chipotle cream sauce. So we did, it is huge, my wife and I split it and still it was too much food. Very delicious, the cream sauce is to die for, Lois is trying to duplicate it. The restaurant opens at 7am and evidently Jose, Irenes' husband, is the mornng person in the family cause he was in the restaurant. That was the first time I had met him in all the years I have been staying there. All I can say is that now I probably won't get the early starts that I normally get cause that omlete is a "must do" each visit.
Larry

David K - 12-11-2009 at 08:53 AM

Thanks Larry... sounds like a must stop place... once again!

woody with a view - 12-11-2009 at 07:34 PM

we'll check it out in mid feb. we're usually starving about that time! and breakfast in el rosario is not a good time.

oladulce - 12-12-2009 at 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
... All I can say is that now I probably won't get the early starts that I normally get cause that omlete is a "must do" each visit.
Larry

I always order an omelet for dinner at Don Diego's and it goes great with their complimentary margaritas. mmm mmm!

larryC - 12-12-2009 at 08:05 AM

Great Idea, I didn't know they would serve omletes for dinner, but as in most everything in Mexico, if you want it all you have to do is ask.
Larry