BajaNomad

MULEGE TODAY- Wednesday 9/9

CasaManzana - 9-9-2009 at 02:50 PM

CFE has responded with full speed ahead. In operation now, besides four trailer sized generators, and one huge flatbed truck sized one all in town, is this- a HUGE mobile jet-engine powered substation across from the Pemex.

Around town, this is not an atypical sight-

The Hacienda Hotel at the town's square took an extra large hit. Maybe because if it's age, the damage questions a repair. Balconies caved in & roofs collapsed, all in addition to the missing doors and windows

Tomatoes-tomatoes-tomatoes...my kingdom for a tomato. They have arrived for the first time. Bread and a FEW other garden supplies are in one of the two markets open as well. Because of CFE, refrigeration is just coming up in stores this morning. The mobile r/o water-maker was off line so no water was available today. The main streets are down to a thin slushy layer of mud now. Heavy street equipment is now working the Saul Market area.

Paulina - 9-9-2009 at 09:31 PM

Thank you for the update.

Hacienda

motoged - 9-9-2009 at 11:02 PM

It breaks my heart to see the Hacienda so badly damaged....I have fond memories of a classic establishment...

A bit blurry....but the mood is there....

Que lastima:no:

Bajajorge - 9-10-2009 at 08:38 AM

In the photo of the Bar entrance, is the crawler comin or goin?:lol::biggrin:

rpleger - 9-10-2009 at 08:39 AM

Thank you soo much for these updates...

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
In the photo of the Bar entrance, is the crawler comin or goin?:lol::biggrin:

That's Skeet headin' in for a cold one. :lol:

motoged - 9-10-2009 at 12:51 PM

Dear Nomad Reprobates,
Sad to say that the "crawler" was a kid playing....it will take some time before he is likely to attain the lofty status of a Nomad with an alcohol problem....:lol: