BajaNomad

Bahia Concepcion

absinvestor - 12-1-2009 at 12:37 PM

We are going to be in the Bahia Concepcion area the last week of January 2010 thru the 1st two weeks of Feb 2010. I don't see any formal campgrounds in the area but a lot of beach camping. We travel in a larger 31' motorhome without a tow. It doesn't look like there is any way to reserve a site. Are there always spots available and is one beach better than another? It is just my wife and I and two dogs. Thanks Ron

LancairDriver - 12-1-2009 at 12:46 PM

We have camped in a 38ft motorhome at Santispac. Nice beach, Ana's chow hall is right there- good food and even entertainment on some nites. Lots of vendors bringing around fish, tacos, tamales etc. as well as all the T shirts and everything else. You can get your water re-filled, and there is a sewer dump on site. EPA approved? I doubt it. Mulege is close and all in all a nice spot. When we were there in March 09 and again in October very few campers.

absinvestor - 12-1-2009 at 01:26 PM

Thanks for the info. We'll be giving it a try. Thanks again. Ron

just go to Santispac pull in and relax

capt. mike - 12-1-2009 at 01:31 PM

it won't be crowded count on it.
watch out for a crazy ditzy blonde named Sandra though. She'll be in a moho and drunk as hell every noche!!
you locals know whom i am talking about!!

here i am camped with DK and Jeans visiting around...?? i forgot. oh well my baja diaries are no where near as organized as his!! ;^)

screaming airlines fotos 008 (Small).jpg - 42kB

hey George

capt. mike - 12-1-2009 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
We have camped in a 38ft motorhome at Santispac. Nice beach, Ana's chow hall is right there- good food and even entertainment on some nites. Lots of vendors bringing around fish, tacos, tamales etc. as well as all the T shirts and everything else. You can get your water re-filled, and there is a sewer dump on site. EPA approved? I doubt it. Mulege is close and all in all a nice spot. When we were there in March 09 and again in October very few campers.

if you want to spot your RV this eason and get a ride back talk to me.

absinvestor - 12-1-2009 at 02:10 PM

I can't believe we ever left the Baja to return to the States!! The wife just couldn't get over being homesick for the kids (and now the grandkids!!) Boy, what we men will do for the women in our lives!! Ron

David K - 12-1-2009 at 02:37 PM

I remember taking that photo!:D

It was just before Christmas, 2001. We went flying the next day!

[Edited on 12-2-2009 by David K]

Casey67 - 12-1-2009 at 06:33 PM

There is a guide to the many Bahia Concepcion camp spots here:

http://www.ontheroadin.com/baja/bajarvparks/bahiaconcepcion....

And another here:

http://www.baja.org/lugares/bajacalifornia/bccamping.htm

absinvestor - 12-2-2009 at 01:00 PM

Great websites. Thanks Ron