BajaNomad

Puerto San Carlos Real Estate

jureal - 12-11-2009 at 12:54 PM

Just trying to find a place for a retirement homestead that won't break the bank. Fishing is important as is boat launching facilities. Been to San Carlos one time and liked the area. Are there any other nomads living in this area? What are RE prices like currently? Any contacts for property for sale? Thanks. Did not mean to hijack the previous thread.:tumble:

mpc - 12-11-2009 at 03:17 PM

jureal
i have some property in san carlos as well as further norht in the bay. it is a lot of raw land and not subdivided. i guess you can get pretty good deals in san carlos itself if that is what you are looking for. are you looking for land? house?

jureal - 12-11-2009 at 03:26 PM

Actually land with a house on it. What price are we looking at?

Bajahowodd - 12-11-2009 at 04:57 PM

Two points, if I may interrupt this real estate transaction:

The area was hit hard by Jimena, very hard. It is not an area with many non-Mexicans as residents. They get by on fishing and whale watching. Few, if any Nomads there. And that is reflected in the dearth of damage reports in the aftermath of Jimena. In the realm of the Nomad, San Carlos is the anti-Mulege.

woody with a view - 12-11-2009 at 07:31 PM

no offense to anyone, but that's probably why dude wants to live there!

jureal - 12-17-2009 at 12:40 AM

No that is not why I am inquiring about this area. I am looking for a place to retire where I can enjoy my fishing hobby. I like tuna and I like them big. Been going to Puerto Vallarta the last few years but that tropical weather is a bit much.

fishbuck - 12-17-2009 at 12:54 AM

If your taking San Carlos in Mag Bay I was there a few years back. A semi-truck with a open dump-type trailer was filled with big atun. They were all nose down with there tails sticking up.
They had just been unloaded and were headed to the cannery over at Puerto Lopez. I guess the cannery at San Carlos was already full.
But yes, they were the big atun. I'm guessing you would need a very substantial boat to get to them.
I think the ones out at Thetis Bank are the more common 20-50lbs type.
I wasn't able to get out there by panga.

jureal - 12-17-2009 at 11:47 AM

I am thinking that a 30ft cruiser would be able to get to them. Not sure about whether that is feasible or not given the long trip out of Sn Carlos just to get to the open sea. Lopez Mateos is a shorter run to get to the sea but further to the spots. I need to make another run over to the area to see.