BajaNomad

Great Baja Movie...

BajaCactus - 7-4-2004 at 07:42 PM

A while back I saw this movie about Baja and loved it.

Recenlty I recalled it and wanted to recommend it to any Baja lover.

The movie's name is "Bajo California: el l?mite del tiempo"

If you have not seen it... you must...

Antonio M.

jeans - 7-4-2004 at 09:54 PM

I have a copy of it...it's a great movie. I have even been to the little graveyard on the rim of San Pablo Canyon where his Arce grandmother was buried. (If I'm remembering the details right).

I covered some of the same ground he did on a mule out of San Francisco de la Sierra into the canyons in 2000.

David K - 7-10-2004 at 07:39 PM

You are correct Antonio... 'BAJO CALIFORNIA: The Limit of Time' was shown on the Sundance Channel with English subtitles and is very easy to follow as there is not a lot of dialog and it begins in English as Damian is from Laguna Beach. We discussed it a lot on the Amigos Board when it came out. Nobody could find an American distributor for the film, so we shared a good copy I obtained from Graham Mackintosh. We enjoyed a viewing at Neal and Marian Johns' place (elgatoloco, Baja Barb, jeans, and I carpooled to the Johns' from my home). I watch it on occaision as it is a great 'cult movie' for us with Baja Fever... and it's not as messy as Rocky Horror... just flying rocks and falling cardon cactus! It was a door prize at my Viva Baja-2 party and Baja Ken won it.

Perhaps a Bajo California party is in order? Anyone with a big screen and room for some Nomads (BYOP: bring your own Pacificos) to come over? Bajo California means 'Under California'... It is a special film and fun to watch!

[Edited on 7-11-2004 by David K]

Packoderm - 7-10-2004 at 09:00 PM

What about the movie simply titled "Baja" starring Molly Ringwald?...Riveting, just riveting.

Love it...

BajaCactus - 7-10-2004 at 10:00 PM

I love the idea David...

Let us have a Bajo California party...!!!!

Yess!!!!

Antonio M.

Bajo California

academicanarchist - 7-11-2004 at 06:44 AM

Yes the film has ENglish subtitles, but the translations are not particularly good.

bajalera - 7-11-2004 at 11:27 AM

With all these recommendations, that must be a great movie. So how about somebody scheduling a showing some time in late December, for us who live down here at the foot end? (Steve and I would be glad to hold the showing at our place.)

"Cognitive flexibility"--I like that, Grover. Big improvement over dissonance.

Lera

[Edited on 7-11-2004 by bajalera]