BajaNomad

Mia's Website: BahiaDeLosAngeles.info GONE?

David K - 1-15-2010 at 10:57 AM

Mia did a nice job with it and it had a lot of helpful details and links.

I just went to it: http://bahiadelosangeles.info and it is gone with a redirect to a web search/link page. Mia or Paulina???

fandango - 1-15-2010 at 12:19 PM

website came up okay for me.

BajaNomad - 1-15-2010 at 12:21 PM

Looks like the domain name expired yesterday, and someone renewed it this morning at 7:47a.m. - although the site should be back up by now if it was renewed over an hour or so ago.

:?:

If it has not been renewed, most registrars will give you somewhere from 3-7 days to do so without penalty. After that, the $$$ go up considerably to recover an expired domain - and even then, only within a certain short time-frame.

-
Doug

David K - 1-15-2010 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fandango
website came up okay for me.

The site that comes up today is not Mia's... it is a commercial search engine or web site selling company.... at least that's what I keep getting.

burra - 1-15-2010 at 04:13 PM

me also. Getting one of those junk search sites.

Pacifico - 1-15-2010 at 04:44 PM

Seems to be working now......

desertcpl - 1-15-2010 at 06:03 PM

not working for me

fandango - 1-15-2010 at 06:04 PM

i have the forum page saved in my list, not the home page. so the website opens just like it always has and i can then click on the logo and get to the home page with todays date showing.
however, if i type in bahiadelosangeles.com, it goes to the web search page.
if it still doesn't work, go in the back door:

http://www.bahiadelosangeles.info/message-board/index.php

BajaNomad - 1-15-2010 at 06:10 PM

It's bahiadelosangeles.info, not bahiadelosangeles.com.

The placeholder page that's come up is the standard one owned by domain name registrar eNom - and is used for just such purposes, when a site's registration expires. It uses common search phrases as links that create revenue (if used) for the registrar.

If it's working for some people, and still not for others - it's one of two things:

1. The site was renewed, and "name service" is slowly propagating back across the Internet. If so, some people will likely start seeing it before others.

2. Or, some of you still have the site in your browser cache, and that's what's showing. Clear your cache and see if the site still appears.

fandango - 1-15-2010 at 07:26 PM

i mindlessly typed .com in my post here, but typed .info to access the sight. i haven't had any trouble with that sight today.

thanks for the info doug.

David K - 1-15-2010 at 07:27 PM

Yah, REFRESH-REFRESH-REFRESH

Mia forgot to renew her web site URL... Hope she can before it's too late!

bahiamia - 1-15-2010 at 09:17 PM

It's all taken care of...issue resolved.

[Edited on 1-16-2010 by bahiamia]

David K - 1-16-2010 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bahiamia
It's all taken care of...issue resolved.

[Edited on 1-16-2010 by bahiamia]

YES INDEED... Back up! Fandango, look now... That's the web page that Mia runs.

Thanks Mia...