BajaNomad

Mysterious complex in San Juan de las Pulgas?

MexicoTed - 2-4-2010 at 01:39 PM

I read today in the San Diego Reader about a mysterious Danish group (possibly a cult) that has constructed a huge complex near San Juan de las Pulgas south of Santo Tomas.

How many of you Baja Nomads who camp along that area of the coast have seen this or heard of it? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Here's an image link I found and I am also linking to the story.

San Diego Reader Article

Mysterious Complex Photo

Ted

BajaGringo - 2-4-2010 at 01:44 PM

New World Order.

Coming to a neighborhood near you soon...

David K - 2-4-2010 at 02:17 PM

If John Travolta and Tom Cruise show up... well, I don't know?

Bajahowodd - 2-4-2010 at 02:23 PM

Something like that!

http://www.tvindalert.com/

Heather - 2-4-2010 at 02:38 PM

That's why I never pick up the Reader...the stories are so dang long! Class is starting...will have to finish reading about the Baja Cult later!

ELINVESTIG8R - 2-4-2010 at 02:45 PM

I lived in a polygamous cult in Chihuahua Mexico from 5 to 12 years of age. Nothing good comes from any cult no matter how they represent themselves. Weird, weird people! In the end nothing but murder and mayhem! Google Ervil LeBaron...

Timo1 - 2-4-2010 at 02:53 PM

I'm on skype with a gal from Sweden who does translations....She has sent me some info about it
Yep....a Danish cult for sore !!!

Gaucho - 2-4-2010 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MexicoTed
I read today in the San Diego Reader about a mysterious Danish group (possibly a cult) that has constructed a huge complex near San Juan de las Pulgas south of Santo Tomas.

How many of you Baja Nomads who camp along that area of the coast have seen this or heard of it? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Here's an image link I found and I am also linking to the story.

San Diego Reader Article

Mysterious Complex Photo

Ted

If you blow up that "photo" it looks more like a rendering. It's definately not a photograph IMO.

MexicoTed - 2-4-2010 at 05:51 PM

Gaucho, you might be right as it looks overlayed, but I found these images that supposed to be of the complex, although I'm not sure who took them since they are so secretive.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/mikefromlondon/LasPulgasSlides...

So has anyone on the board been down that way and see the complex from afar?

Ted

mtgoat666 - 2-4-2010 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MexicoTed

It's not a cult. It's mostly just a big scam. The group scams individuals and governments, telling donors it is doing charitable of NGO type work, when in fact a large part of "donated" funds support owners luxurious lifestyle. I don't view them any different than large government contractors like Brown & Root, whcih scam DOD. Probably some good is done by them in perpetuating the scam, but most donations never get to needy receipients.

Just an organized scam, like many before.

Perhaps DK will come along and post a google space pic of the complex or area. I would like to see the location -- don't know that area.
Yes, it is near a secret surf spot, but who cares? More interested in seeing aerial view of the palace.

BajaGringo - 2-4-2010 at 06:48 PM

Google earth doesn't show anything there as of 2004...

SDRonni - 2-4-2010 at 06:57 PM

I hope it's not real because it's kinda creepy. But how does that explain the slideshow in Mexico Ted's post, if it's not real?

SDRonni - 2-4-2010 at 07:06 PM

This one....is it fake, too? I hope so!

David K - 2-4-2010 at 07:17 PM

Quite a story... this is the same area as Canyonman Rob had a Pacific Camp location with property availabale he was promoting on the Guadalupe Canyon web site.

This is also just north of Coyote Cals and Punta Cabras, I am sure they could validate the story.

Very funny indeed...

BajaGringo - 2-4-2010 at 07:28 PM

I dunno....

These photos look pretty real too!!!

http://blog.syracuse.com/strangecny/2007/10/UFO.bmp

http://astro.wsu.edu/worthey/astro/html/im-ufo/im-aliens/ali...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/23/article-1037471-00...

SDRonni - 2-4-2010 at 07:33 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Phil C - 2-4-2010 at 08:58 PM

We went by there March 2008 saw it from a distance, stopped at the gate was told it was a "research facility" looked at it from several angles, saw the spire and a dome. Other buildings were partly obscured even after going off off off road on the hill above to try and get a better angle. I've always wondered ever since....

MexicoTed - 2-4-2010 at 11:17 PM

Thanks Phil. So even though the aerial is "photoshopped" are some of the other photos from that slide show real? Is that the spire and dome the same. What a shame to take such as pristine area and make it urbanized. But someone made some money.
Ted

duke62 - 2-5-2010 at 12:24 AM

The place is real. Friends who have a place south of Erendira two lots down from us drove up there to investigate, but were turned away by the guard. They went around the area, took pictures. The domes and spires are there.
The leader of this cult is wanted by Interpol. If you want information, although I usually don't recommend this site, go to Wikipedia, which has the history of this cult/scam.

Donjulio - 2-5-2010 at 12:40 AM

These articles will keep ya busy if you are bored. More than you ever want to know about those yahoos.

http://www.rickross.com/groups/tvind.html

They must think Baja CA is a safe place

k-rico - 2-5-2010 at 02:31 AM

Tvind's vast array of non-profit organizations prompted police and governments in Europe to investigate how its charitable revenue is collected and spent. These probes recently led to the arrest and detainment of the organization's leader, Morgens Amdi Petersen, on charges of tax fraud and embezzlement of millions of dollars.

The Tvind movement comprises dozens of organizations in 55 countries producing millions of dollars in profit, according to a Danish police report on Tvind released last year.

The report alleged tax fraud and said the organization has been "misappropriating funds earmarked for public utility (humanitarian) purposes." Tvind is a "hierarchically built association with clear political aims," "has made no allocations to (humanitarian) purposes," and has enjoyed tax-privileged contributions based on "incorrect, incomplete or misleading information" provided to tax authorities in Denmark, the report reads.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/tvind/tvind86.html

[Edited on 2-5-2010 by k-rico]

David K - 2-5-2010 at 08:59 AM

OK, I just heard from Canyonman Rob and it is real... weird, but real.

Here is a link he gave, it is a bit different than the links above: http://www.tvindalert.com/countries/mexico.html

ElFaro - 2-5-2010 at 09:10 AM

Some anecdotal information...

About 3 years ago (?) my wife and I were camping at the Estero Beach Hotel RV park. One day mid-week two tall lanky fellows with fair skin and glasses had clipboards and briefcases and were walking around checking things out and taking notes. Out of curiousity I asked them what they were doing. They told me they were involved with the planning and construction of either a Swedish or maybe Danish "retirement community" (not sure) located south of Ensenada and they were collecting information on Estero Beach Resort's sewage treatment operation. At the time I found it hard to believe that a "retirement community" for Northern Europeans would be built on a coast where cold damp winds are blowing most of the year. If they were retiring in Baja it would make sense to locate in southern Baja, not on a coast that gets blasted alot of the year by cold winds. After reading this thread and linked story in the Reader, I'm convinced these two gentleman were part of this operation.

honda tom - 2-5-2010 at 10:50 PM

good shots on google earth...... go north of erediera about 20 miles on the coast. look for the blue box that says something like "strange buildings". (could be photoshop) but lots of stories there also about danish scam artist

David K - 5-23-2012 at 10:09 AM

How about an update on this???:light:

Almost as old is this thread from BajaWarrior with photos: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=45278

[Edited on 5-23-2012 by David K]

mtgoat666 - 5-23-2012 at 10:20 AM

google earth has recent photos. it looks ginormous!

ginormous + secrecy = suspicious! :lol::lol:

Archie - 5-23-2012 at 10:30 AM

I worked for a local ensenada company hired to get the construction permits. I was there camping for a week in 2003 collecting plants and evidence of wildlife for the environmental impact manifest required to get the permits for them. We were reporting to a danish woman named Metche, the local representative for the company. We were told it would be some kind of spa/clinic for high executives from european companies.

At that time, there was only two main houses and the "guests" camped in tents. They had satellite internet wich was a luxury and saw everyday some of the guests jogging in the mornings around the place.

when i saw the pictures posted before, i couldnt believe its the same place. back in 2003 they were having second toughts about the place, since they have payed too much for the land and the pemits came about three times more expensive that they´ve been told.

and yes, San Juan de las Pulgas means St. Juan of the Fleas. And there are millions of these little bloodsuckers all over the place. I had to burn my sleeping bag and most of my clothes used, since i cannot get rid of the fleas.

Bajamatic - 5-23-2012 at 12:03 PM

I've seen it in many phases of construction. We used to take a shortcut through the property when Point Joe was our destination of choice for baja as "kids". On my first encounter, a friend was squatting in a bush and the "owners" walked up on us, less than impressed to see someone "dumping" on their property. They were salty as hell. Yelling for us to get off the land, everything short of busting out a shotgun. Next time I went down it was all gated with a guard. About a year later the 16 wheelers started rolling through and then that ginormica thing erected and the entire stretch of coast fenced off. Shame. There's a fantastic little bay just south of there that they've restricted access to and I heard they were planning to build an observatory there or something crazy like that.

Aren't beaches declared "public land" in Mex?

[Edited on 5-23-2012 by Bajamatic]

vacaenbaja - 5-23-2012 at 12:37 PM

Coastal access is a right here in California too , but can be subject to
unlawful "restrictions" in in Malibu and other expensive
costal communities. As usual money talks.

J.P. - 5-23-2012 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SDRonni
This one....is it fake, too? I hope so!

It's Real It's Dammmmmmmmmmmm Real