BajaNomad

Hotels Punta Abreojos

Noleakman - 2-7-2010 at 09:18 AM

We will be driving to Loreto next week for a few weeks vacation! We were thinking about going to Punta Abreojos to check it out I was wondering is there hotels and restaurants there and if so which ones are the best to stay and eat at?

capt. mike - 2-7-2010 at 09:43 AM

try Campo Rene??

Noleakman - 2-7-2010 at 10:39 AM

Is Campo Rene a hotel?

chippy - 2-7-2010 at 11:08 AM

I haveŽnt been for many years but it used to be very spartan.

woody with a view - 2-7-2010 at 11:17 AM

there is no such thing as an American expectations "hotel" complete with check-in counter, staff, bellmen etc.....

best bet is rental housing or a motel with funky beds and sandy floors. not that those things are bad, just not enuff to change the "m" to an "h" in motel.....

decope - 2-7-2010 at 11:47 AM

Try Chelo's she has a 4 room hotel with a restruant. Very nice lady, super friendly and she speaks english.

capt. mike - 2-7-2010 at 11:52 AM

campo rene is plenty ok for local color.
now they at least have a good restaurant and bar!
who remembers Club Baja Expeditions from the early 80s??
they used to run group camp trips to Rene for board wind surfing and light tackle fishing. we camped with them once in 1983.
they brought in a semi trailer for the kitchen and all support stuff - quite an operation!

Russ - 2-7-2010 at 11:57 AM

Campo Rene is great. Rooms either 2-single or 1-queen ~ Nice restaurnt/bar ~ sits right on El Coyote estuary and a short drive to Abreojos. Do a search here for lots of info & photos.

Abre.jpg - 41kB

Paulina - 2-7-2010 at 07:44 PM

Regarding Campo Rene; If you have a paddle board, kayak, fold a boat, canoe etc. on the top of your vehicle that would be a plus. You can have a lot of fun/fishing there.

P<*)))>{

DianaT - 2-8-2010 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

now they at least have a good restaurant and bar!

Yes and no, it depends on who is managing it this week. Lately the owner is changing managers every few weeks---some can cook and some, well, they are learning.

We enjoy the place, but we take our own bedding. :biggrin:

bent-rim - 2-8-2010 at 05:58 PM

My friends and I had a great breakfast at Chelo's several years ago. She ground fresh beans for the coffee and I did see a small hotel there.