BajaNomad

Last year's trip - part three

BajaGuera - 2-21-2010 at 02:40 PM

Is anyone tired of these yet? Almost done -

Third camp in Botswana - in Chobe National Park which located near the borders of Nambia, Zambia & Zimbabwae. The view from our room across the river was Nambia and our cellphone connection was with a celltower in Nambia.
Very different atmosphere than the Delta - with Chobe being a Park versus the private concessions we were at previously - we had a little traffic shock. Reminded me a bit of Punta Chivato during Semana Santa except no one goes in these waters!!

Photos -
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2032473&id=1479025...

David K - 2-21-2010 at 05:50 PM

Thanks for sharing!!!

Gaucho - 2-21-2010 at 10:04 PM

Chobe is a great spot. My wife and I went there a few years back as a "last hoorah" before we started breeding. We finished off our safari with a couple nights at the Victoria Falls Hotel. Ahhhh...the good old days...

BajaGuera - 2-22-2010 at 10:20 AM

DK - thanks for posting the photos.

Gaucho - I'm afraid Botswana has become my new Baja - just takes way longer to get there. We went to Zambia after Chobe to see the Falls this time. Stayed right on the Zambezi River. Will post the link to those pics later - we got some great aerials.
We stayed at Vic Falls Hotel in 2007. A beautiful old place. What surprised me was on the private path to the Falls there was a sign to watch out for wild animals and we did see fresh evidence of ellies - right in town.

David K - 2-22-2010 at 12:22 PM

No problemo... and for those who did not go to Vee's links, I just posted ONE photo from each album....

elgatoloco - 2-22-2010 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGuera
DK - thanks for posting the photos.

Gaucho - I'm afraid Botswana has become my new Baja - just takes way longer to get there. We went to Zambia after Chobe to see the Falls this time. Stayed right on the Zambezi River. Will post the link to those pics later - we got some great aerials.
We stayed at Vic Falls Hotel in 2007. A beautiful old place. What surprised me was on the private path to the Falls there was a sign to watch out for wild animals and we did see fresh evidence of ellies - right in town.

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing those pics.

In 2001 we stayed at Vic Falls and I had a close encounter with an elephant on that trail while returning from the falls. We thought that the big cats would be the main draw for us and they were spectacular but the elephants down on the river in Chobe and the giraffes out on the pan in Mackalolo were unforgettable.

Vic Falls rainbow from the cataract

vicfallsrainbow.jpg - 24kB

BajaGuera - 2-22-2010 at 04:11 PM

Gato - I love that shot. I'm putting up the Vic Falls and Cape Town links right now. Our Vic Falls from the Zambia side were nothing like yours - because the Zambezi was really flowing in July.