BajaNomad

Looking to purchase an RV Park/Campground

LYM - 3-2-2010 at 12:31 AM

in Baja

Pompano - 3-2-2010 at 06:21 AM

The last time I camped in my Fiver at Manfred's rv park in Cd. Constitucion he offered to sell the place. I declined as it was hard to find a boat ramp.

Come to think of it..that was in 2001. It may be a WalMart by now.

DENNIS - 3-2-2010 at 06:59 AM

I would rather build one than buy one.

tiotomasbcs - 3-2-2010 at 07:10 AM

Amigo, San Pedrito RV Park is for sale in Todos Santos. Somewhere around 5million but great location in the Arroyo Grande. The old park buildings are there somewhere buried under the sand and dirt. On the beach but then you got to deal with rowdy surfers and naked women! It used to Rock & Roll on Friday nites. Shark! Shark! Shark! Suerte Tomas

David K - 3-2-2010 at 09:07 AM

Wish the Loya family would sell Guadalupe Canyon Hot Springs, so someone could restore Arturo's side to the glory days of not too long ago!

http://guadalupe-canyon.com

bajalorena - 3-2-2010 at 09:14 AM

Check Vickie's place
http://www.justsnooping.com/tours/2519459/

[Edited on 7-11-2010 by BajaNomad]

monoloco - 3-2-2010 at 11:30 AM

E-mail: bajabeachlot@gmail.com, it would be a great location for an RV park. On the beach in Pescadero BCS, walk to San Pedrito sufing, and considerably less than 5 million$.

Bajahowodd - 3-2-2010 at 11:48 AM

As I recall, San Pedrito has sort of been for sale for years. Seems like if someone actually was willing to come up with that price, they'd let it go. But not quite in the category of motivated seller.

monoloco - 3-2-2010 at 12:22 PM

The problem with the San Pedrito property is that most of it is an arroyo. I have seen it washed away numerous times in the last 30 years. During Julliete it looked like the Mississippi river flowing through there. Worth 5 million $ ? I think not.

[Edited on 3-3-2010 by monoloco]

LOSARIPES - 3-2-2010 at 01:16 PM

LYM,
There is an "abandoned" trailer park in El Centenario. (La Paz) Pretty good size. Still has some of the connections but it would require intensive repair.
It has direct access from highway 1 and on the other (NE) side, it has about 200 M along the beach front road. It could be a great opportunity, depending on the price. My guess it it can accommodate about 40 full size trailers.
Interested? I can get you more info.

[Edited on 3-2-2010 by LOSARIPES]

Bwana_John - 3-2-2010 at 01:30 PM

Momma get out the white paint and start slobbering it all over the rocks, we gonna make a RV park. ;D

toneart - 3-2-2010 at 01:57 PM

LYM,

Welcome!

Check your U2U.

Bajaboy - 3-2-2010 at 02:06 PM

I thought I heard Shari's campground was on the market for $3 million (USD). She's a pretty tough cookie but you might be able to talk her down to $2.75 million if you sweet talk her.:biggrin:

bajajudy - 3-2-2010 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LOSARIPES
LYM,
There is an "abandoned" trailer park in El Centenario. (La Paz) Pretty good size. Still has some of the connections but it would require intensive repair.
It has direct access from highway 1 and on the other (NE) side, it has about 200 M along the beach front road. It could be a great opportunity, depending on the price. My guess it it can accommodate about 40 full size trailers.

Wasnt it names Aripes?

Exactamente!

Bajahowodd - 3-2-2010 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
The problem with the San Pedrito property is that most of it is an arroyo. I have seen it ashed away numerous times in the last 30 years. During Julliete it looked like the Mississippi river flowing through there. Worth 5 million $ ? I think not.

LOSARIPES - 3-2-2010 at 02:56 PM

Further on the trailer park in El Centenario:
Beach front: 216m. X 116 approx. It s a ttl of 25,370 M2
Comes with most required permits previously obtained for
condos construction -a project currently on hold but still feasible-
Asking 2 million. I am sure they'd come down a bit.
I don't know its coordinate -yet-

LOSARIPES - 3-2-2010 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Quote:
LYM,

Wasnt it names Aripes?

Probably. Some places around the area bear the name Aripes because of the natives that inhabited the area. Los Aripes were part of the Guaycuras. That's where I got my name from too....

Bajahowodd - 3-2-2010 at 04:39 PM

Assuming everyone has GPS?

Donjulio - 3-2-2010 at 04:44 PM

Well we are sure helping this person out. $295,000 - 5 million hahahaha

The one that is $295,000 is 3 spaces. Guess what the estimated ROI time on that one would be? NEVER!

Many questions here. Where do you want to be? Pacific, Sea? South, North, RV park with services or rustic? Want restaurant/bar or just spaces? Price range? How many spaces?

Probably much much cheaper to start from scratch.

LOSARIPES - 3-3-2010 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
I don't know its coordinate -yet-
The entrance is at
24° 6'50.24"N
110°25'21.92"W

--Larry

Thanks Lencho...

Packoderm - 3-3-2010 at 06:33 PM

The best part is the music.

RV/camping plus 6 suites for sale

eddy - 7-10-2010 at 03:21 PM

HAve look at www.elcardonal.net then send me an e-mail, address on web site.

Iflyfish - 7-10-2010 at 07:32 PM

What ever happened to Aquamarine in La Paz? I heard it was for sale or sold, great spot!
There is a real need for a good RV park in La Paz close to the beach. If anyone knows of a place I would be interested in staying there. I miss Aquamarine!!
Iflyfish

mtgoat666 - 7-10-2010 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eddy
RV/camping plus 6 suites for sale
HAve look at www.elcardonal.net then send me an e-mail, address on web site.

a 6 unit motel for $1.2M US ? incredible! :lol:

Paula - 7-10-2010 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
The best part is the music.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::barf::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

but really, I liked the pristine hookups and meticulous foliage:lol::lol::lol::lol::dudette::lol:

irenemm - 7-11-2010 at 12:44 AM

Looks like LYM found something has never been back to post.
still looking or found your dream?
give me a call hey you never know.
Irene

eddy - 7-29-2010 at 05:23 AM

Have a look at www.elcardonal.net and send me an e-mail at jebeddy@hotmail.com or reserve@elcardonal.net

[Edited on 7-29-2010 by eddy]

Signman - 11-16-2015 at 09:46 AM

Family has 600 acre ranch with
Paved airstrip in Catavina
All the water you can imagine
100 plus Rv parking.
One kilometer hwy frontage both sides

mtgoat666 - 11-16-2015 at 10:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bwana_John  
Momma get out the white paint and start slobbering it all over the rocks, we gonna make a RV park. ;D

Make sure to scrape the entire lot. No vegetation allowed. Definitely must chop down all shade trees.

Be sure that the spaces are layed out in geometric pattern. No curved lines allowed.

After you have painted grid squares on gravel lot, to mimic military parade ground, be sure to surround with concrete wall. The uglier the better.

David K - 11-16-2015 at 10:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Signman  
Family has 600 acre ranch with
Paved airstrip in Catavina
All the water you can imagine
100 plus Rv parking.
One kilometer hwy frontage both sides

Sounds like Rancho Santa Ynez? Fred Hampe sold it to Don Briggs I heard?
Would enjoy an update on the happenings. Oscar tells one version. Thank you!

Signman - 11-16-2015 at 10:32 AM

It is Santa ynez
and yes Oscar will be taken care of.
He is a good man.
Don't want to change a thing

freediverbrian - 11-16-2015 at 08:30 PM

What is up with the Signman opening old threads and trying to sell property in Gonzaga and now Cativina . I smell something fishy:?:

David K - 11-17-2015 at 10:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
What is up with the Signman opening old threads and trying to sell property in Gonzaga and now Cativina . I smell something fishy:?:

My guess is he is new here, doesn't know that we have a "Today's Post" choice at the top of the page that allows us to see all new Baja posts in one place, so there is not a need to post in duplicate forums to get views.

The long time owner of Rancho Santa Ynez was Josefina Zuniga (I think that is the spelling?) and she also owned Punta Final. While much of Punta Final was sold to Kevin (the Korean businessman many have talked about here), apparently, there were some lots still held by Josefina's heirs (Fred Hampe +) or whomever the land was sold to?