BajaNomad

Joker - Ensenada

dtutko1 - 3-26-2010 at 06:29 AM

Stayed at the Joker last night. 320 pesos midweek, about $27 us. clean room, good bed, tv, reaturant and bar are open. resturant only open til 5pm though. Ate at applebees down the street. What a terrible mistake. Poor food and outragous prices. Ate at Mama Espinosas for lunch, lobster burritos too high at $185, but the Calimari for $85 was good.

DENNIS - 3-26-2010 at 07:37 AM

APPLEBEES????? YIPES. They've done more to ruin tourism than the economy and cartels put together. Thanks for the reminder.

torch - 3-26-2010 at 07:40 AM

Are the inside colors as brite and colorfull as the outside ?
That place always gets my attention as I travel past. I guess that is the reason for the wild paint .

Martyman - 3-26-2010 at 08:22 AM

Does the joker have a poker game? Mexican cards are different though... cups or something?

lizard lips - 3-26-2010 at 08:26 AM

Don't eat at Applebees EVER- especially in Ensenada.......

Bob H - 3-26-2010 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Don't eat at Applebees EVER- especially in Ensenada.......

There is another long thread regarding how bad Applebees is in Enesnada. Just do a search on Applebees and you will find it.

Bob H

lizard lips - 3-26-2010 at 08:45 AM

I also said the same thing in the other thread Bob and that was about a year and half ago. It has not changed it still sux.

DENNIS - 3-26-2010 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
I also said the same thing in the other thread Bob and that was about a year and half ago. It has not changed it still sux.

Don't tell us you know that for a fact. :lol::lol:

DianaT - 3-26-2010 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtutko1
Stayed at the Joker last night. 320 pesos midweek, about $27 us. clean room, good bed, tv, reaturant and bar are open. resturant only open til 5pm though.

Do you know if they are pet friendly?

Bajahowodd - 3-26-2010 at 12:32 PM

For all you neighborhood fans, Applebees is part of a 3300 strong restaurant chain with operations world-wide. The parent company is presently known as DinEquity. Its former name was IHOP. Yes, IHOP. The vast majority of their locations (99% of IHOP and 75% of Applebees) are franchised. So, don't go dumping on the Ensenada location. (There are dozens throughout Mexico), because they all must meet the same standards.:lol::lol::lol:

As for the Joker, always loved the motif, hated the location. Like to stay somewhere that allows me to walk to decent meals, if possible.

vandy - 5-11-2010 at 06:02 AM

Back to Hotel Joker: I stayed on a Sunday night 9 days ago for $25US. Great shower pressure. Vague smell of urine about the place. No parking for trailers; I even had to take off my tiny little 6-footer to fit in a parking space by my room.

I went north to the big market, "Commercial", what we in San Jose del Cabo call the "Mega", for food. I went south to Eye Max to get a new eyeglass prescription for 50 pesos, and picked up some "emergency" antibiotics and various prescriptions at a couple of farmacias.

No scrip needed for antibiotics still.

A fair place to stop before crossing the border. No idea if it's "Pet Friendly". Mostly caters to Mexicans, so probably not.

Mexicorn - 5-11-2010 at 06:56 AM

Sanborns is pretty bad also. I love the way they place that basket full of pan dulce in front of you like it's complmenitary.

rebob - 12-7-2010 at 10:19 PM

Stayed at Hotel Joker last night. 300 pesos for double occupancy.

Good shower pressure and lots of hot water in the evening. No hot in the morning...

Clean and wifi was great...

schwlind - 12-8-2010 at 07:54 AM

Have only stayed at the Joker once... maybe about 8 years ago... only room available was street side... noise was horrible... and the room wasn't much to talk about.... Would probably stay there again if that's all thats available... but much prefer the Azteca (I think that's the name of it) further south... Beautiful room, very clean, lots of parking!

durrelllrobert - 12-9-2010 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by schwlind
but much prefer the Azteca (I think that's the name of it) further south... Beautiful room, very clean, lots of parking!
currently advertising $190MN for a single

Martyman - 12-9-2010 at 12:49 PM

The kareoke gets going pretty loud on Saturday nights at the Joker. I almost sang but they didn't have my favorite song-Brown Eyed Girl

DENNIS - 12-9-2010 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
The kareoke gets going pretty loud on Saturday nights at the Joker. I almost sang but they didn't have my favorite song-Brown Eyed Girl

That's Oprah's favorite song these days. Ain't love grand? :lol:

Martyman - 12-9-2010 at 01:51 PM

:spingrin::spingrin: I thought she was married?

Loretana - 12-9-2010 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by dtutko1
Stayed at the Joker last night. 320 pesos midweek, about $27 us. clean room, good bed, tv, reaturant and bar are open. resturant only open til 5pm though.

Do you know if they are pet friendly?

Yes!! As a matter of fact, my husband was bitten three times by their PET BEDBUGS. The never touched me, but his leg was ravaged. I believe we were in room #26. :O

DENNIS - 12-9-2010 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
:spingrin::spingrin: I thought she was married?

I have no idea, but the rumors all over TV are that she's denying her gooshy affair with that Gail gal.
I don't care if it's true or not, but if it is, I want Wikileaks to give us the video.

DENNIS - 12-9-2010 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Loretana
Yes!! As a matter of fact, my husband was bitten three times by their PET BEDBUGS. The never touched me, but his leg was ravaged. I believe we were in room #26. :O

Ohhhh...that's gross. Put this up on the race sites. :barf::barf:

BCSTech - 12-10-2010 at 08:29 PM

You get what you pay for...

I only stay at the Estero Beach Resort. Clean, spacious rooms, guarded gate, courteous staff, safe and quiet, plenty of parking for RVs and boats, excellent restaurant, bay/oceanside view, places to walk your dog, mini store, pool, Jacuzzi, museum...

Can't say enough good things about it. Well worth the $80 dlls.

vacaenbaja - 1-27-2011 at 02:21 PM

I guess the JOKE is on me. Last Thanksgiving I paid $45 US
for two beds one room. Must have saw that blodshot "I can
drive no further and will pay anything look{" in my eye.