BajaNomad

Punta Final Homeowners Please Respond

steekers - 4-6-2010 at 09:16 AM

While I was at Punta Final over Easter weekend, residents there are a tad bit upset about the huge increase in rent that will be charged them. They asked if I would put out a notice.

I am requesting that present homeowners contact me to discuss some options available.

For those that know anyone having a home in Punta Final, please have them contact me.

For those Nomads that rent, I wonder what the "current market rate" per square meter is in your community??

Thank you!

Donjulio - 4-6-2010 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
While I was at Punta Final over Easter weekend, residents there are a tad bit upset about the huge increase in rent that will be charged them. They asked if I would put out a notice.

I am requesting that present homeowners contact me to discuss some options available.

For those that know anyone having a home in Punta Final, please have them contact me.

For those Nomads that rent, I wonder what the "current market rate" per square meter is in your community??

Thank you!

Thats the joy of leasing. Current market rates and options are 100% up to the property owner. Know someone that just sold their home here in San Felipe. Leased land. Got $160,000. What are people thinking?

arrowhead - 4-6-2010 at 10:18 AM

Based upon everybody elses experience in this, you have a wide range of options:

1. Pay the higher rent.
2. Leave.

No mention of the problem here:

http://www.puntafinal.com/homepage.html

[Edited on 4-6-2010 by arrowhead]

Russ - 4-6-2010 at 10:52 AM

Here's an estimate of what one could expect in Punta Chivato area.
20x45 meter lot $2000/year ~~ When I was leasing we had a contract for 10 years that included; no more than 3% raise per year, If the lease was broken or up for sale the lease holder had first right to purchase the lot, At the sale of the property the improvements would be negotiated or an appraiser would set the value. These were written by a lawyer and registered with the notary. I'm not saying that these documents would be honored or that your improvements wouldn't be involved in a fire if push came to shove. But here the landlords honored the contract.
GOOD LUCK!

Edguero - 4-6-2010 at 11:21 AM

Quote:

Thank you!

What services are you offering?

cj5orion - 4-6-2010 at 12:26 PM

Rafeal at Gonzaga Bay charges $2k a year.Not sure what the "lot size"
would be ? Its all palapas.
Papa Hernandez is down around $800+

capt. mike - 4-6-2010 at 04:14 PM

Steekers - there is another thread on the building and home etc section which has some info on other ground rents.

my old spot was pretty nice

capt. mike - 4-6-2010 at 04:16 PM

at $2200 a year i thought. Serenidad RV park & palapa ville.

screaming airlines fotos 015.jpg - 23kB

steekers - 4-6-2010 at 10:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:

What services are you offering?

Are you a homeowner there?

Edguero - 4-6-2010 at 10:50 PM

I am

David K - 4-7-2010 at 07:36 AM

At this rate steekers and Ed might take a month to communicate!

See the button called 'U2U' under the area where you read someones post? That is a private message device, like email... When you get a U2U from someone an alert will appear at the top of the Nomad page, which you click.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Don Briggs still at Punta Final... ? He was a customer of mine in Vista, where I worked, 22 years ago... I sold him irrigation and installed some at his various properties.

bonanza bucko - 4-7-2010 at 07:52 AM

The landlord at Punta Final is a Korean guy who bought the place from la Dona Josephina's heirs about three years ago for, reportedly, $1M. He told the leaseholders then that he would raise the rent a lot starting in 2011. He told them recently that that amount will be 400%. They are not happy. I don't know what their rents have been but I suspect they have been about normal for that part of Baja.

The landlord carved a road between a mountain and a rock pile to gain access to one of the coves there that has a good beach...there is not much good beach in front on the existing "resort."....only about four homes are on the water there with some others on a cliff to the South. He built a start at a bunch of condos which has not been completed...heard that the mainland workers he imported were allergic to the locals...that sounds about right to me.

The landlord, apparently, think he's gonna make the place into a "destination" with condos and amenities to draw crowds down the new paved roads to the place. He had an internet ad on a year or so ago which showed a paved road to the place...that was, obviously, a dream and a lie all knotted up together. He has a guard on the gate to the place who wants to charge you $8 to visit/camp....we didn't pay because we weren't staying.

If he does build a "destination" there he will lose his shirt to da max. Punta Final is exposed to the full power of the sea and the winds and WX there in winter will blow yer basic tourist off the beach and back to LA with enough hate and discontent that he/she/it will never return. In summer it's worse....no breeze..up against a cliff heated by the Baja sun....again yer basic tourist might try it once but not twice.

The only way to make the place viable would be to water it and power it enough to keep the tourists inside most of the time. It's a pretty place but it ain't gonna fly without Palm Springs size investment....I'd guess it would take something on the order of $70M to $100M to do that.

But, Korean businessmen are known for having lotsa testosterone as well as lotsa brains. So we will see.
BB

redhilltown - 4-7-2010 at 05:51 PM

Well I hope he has some Korean magic up his sleeve to develop an area like this that has no water and brutally hot summers. And not to get off message, but has anyone else heard reports that "The Road" construction has stopped near-ish south of Huerfanito and there is no equipment around? ( I apologize if that is not true and on another thread but I try to keep up!).

But Welcome to Mexico if you are raising all your rents and kicking people out based upon the construction and dreams of a road that MAY be finished before the funds run out...

steekers - 4-7-2010 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Edguero
I am

Thats great...care to talk by phone?

Looks like we are close

bonanza bucko - 4-7-2010 at 07:04 PM

We drove up the old and new road from GB to Puertecitos yesterday and saw that work has started again...they have a route laid out and are grading it. We saw no paving equipment but there are plenty of big earth movers.

Re water and Gonzaga Bay: There is a box canyon to the west and north of Punta Final that we all call The Gonzaga Bay National Forest. The mountains that surround it catch the rain off the Pacific and the valley is watered. There are many very large Cardon cacti and Bujum trees, Elephant trees and other plants....lots of animals too. It is a most beautiful place...about 500 feet higher than the sea and you can see the ocean from up there about 7 miles away. If you had enough money to develop it...and the juice to get the Mexican gummint to allow that...you would have a resort that would make Palm Springs look like the San Felipe dump. There is water in those mountains...I suspect just about all you would want.

But...it ain't ever gonna happen....too much greed, incompetence, gimme...gimme...gimme and corruption. Thank God for all of those things or Baja and that beautiful place would have been turned into Buena Park strip malls long ago.

BB

Udo - 4-7-2010 at 07:05 PM

What I am curious about...

Quote:
How does a Korean manage to purchase that entire property :O without even a hitch? Was it ejido land? Was it a multi-year lease? How many notarios were involved. Did the Korean get the land concessions? Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
Nomads have the routine down pretty well.:yes:
I have no problem with Koreans buying beachfront property, but they sure seem to have an easier time than Americans do.

some details to satisfy curiosity

steekers - 4-7-2010 at 07:29 PM

Without telling too much personal info, Kevin the Korean is married to a Mexican citizen and they both speak fluent spanish.

They bought lot 24 in the Colonia San Luis Gonzaga. It was NEVER ejido land and they got it about 10 years ago (not 3).

[Edited on 4-8-2010 by steekers]

bajario - 4-7-2010 at 08:02 PM

I'm getting the feeling Skeeters isn't helping his situation. Whatever situation that may be.

??????????

steekers - 4-7-2010 at 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajario
I'm getting the feeling Skeeters isn't helping his situation. Whatever situation that may be.

I don't know what that is supposed to mean. I don't have a situation...others do, and I want to help them.

Flyby

Stickers - 4-7-2010 at 08:44 PM

I just found some video we took of Punta Final on a low flyby - check it out

BTW this was probably at least 15 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4r4O4CwuuI

[Edited on 4-13-2010 by Stickers]

Edguero - 4-7-2010 at 09:13 PM

Bucko has it nailed on the head, I am in the loop of whats going on in PF just kinda interested in what others are hearing.

arrowhead - 4-7-2010 at 10:50 PM

Quote:
Without telling too much personal info, Kevin the Korean is married to a Mexican citizen and they both speak fluent spanish.

Talk to his wife - in Spanish...and wimper a lot...and toss is a few "Dios mio's".

capt. mike - 4-8-2010 at 04:26 AM

love the vid!
was that a piper? i recognized the auto pilot. auto control I

Stickers - 4-8-2010 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
love the vid!
was that a piper? i recognized the auto pilot. auto control I

Hey Capt that is my Grumman Tiger way back when. I was taking a look at the airstrips there and they seemed to be OK. The little hidden bays looked very intriguing and someone mentioned that the new owner has graded a road in to use thoes beaches which should be very nice.

Punta Final

cabaja - 4-12-2010 at 02:35 PM

Currently there is a home owners association that was put in place about 3 months ago!!

And new 10 year leases are being negotiated with the attorneys in Ensenada!!

Looks like the Korean was trying to steal some land from the Ocean!! Not Good!!

mcfez - 4-12-2010 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bonanza bucko
We drove up the old and new road from GB to Puertecitos yesterday and saw that work has started again...they have a route laid out and are grading it. We saw no paving equipment but there are plenty of big earth movers.

Re water and Gonzaga Bay: There is a box canyon to the west and north of Punta Final that we all call The Gonzaga Bay National Forest. The mountains that surround it catch the rain off the Pacific and the valley is watered. There are many very large Cardon cacti and Bujum trees, Elephant trees and other plants....lots of animals too. It is a most beautiful place...about 500 feet higher than the sea and you can see the ocean from up there about 7 miles away. If you had enough money to develop it...and the juice to get the Mexican gummint to allow that...you would have a resort that would make Palm Springs look like the San Felipe dump. There is water in those mountains...I suspect just about all you would want.

But...it ain't ever gonna happen....too much greed, incompetence, gimme...gimme...gimme and corruption. Thank God for all of those things or Baja and that beautiful place would have been turned into Buena Park strip malls long ago.

BB

Bucko...if you have any pictures of "The Gonzaga Bay National Forest" be appreciated to see em. Txs.

Sur2baja - 4-12-2010 at 05:17 PM

Same rent increases are happening in various south campos of San Felipe. Francisco at La Perlita is trying to evict people who refuse to pay the steep increase and voice any opposition.

josie - 4-13-2010 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:

Talk to his wife - in Spanish...and wimper a lot...and toss is a few "Dios mio's".

Sounds like the only one whimpering right now is you Chuck.

BANNED

Game-Set-Match

:lol: