BajaNomad

Contractors Needed in Mexicali Valley

bajariverrat - 4-9-2010 at 07:11 AM

If you know of any contractors who are in the Mexicali Valley area or San Felipe and they are looking for work, there is a great opportunity for them. Many houses will need repair on the Rio Hardy after the big earthquake. Rio Hardy is located about 30 miles south of Mexicali and about 80 miles north of San Felipe on the east side of HWY 5. Please let me know if you can recommend anyone and I'll give more details. Most of the 200 homes on the river need some kind of repair. Thank you.

bryanmckenzie - 4-29-2010 at 01:41 PM

Have you had any responses to this? I'm an out-of-work civil engineer with quite a bit of "handyman" remodeling experience. I'd be willing to work with or assist contractors and am available immediately. Currently in Anaheim, but frequent Rosarito Beach and San Felipe almost monthly.

capt. mike - 4-29-2010 at 02:30 PM

i have seen intimate pix of that area's utter devestation. the homes i saw cannot be fixed - it's a tear down and rebuild if anything at all.
i wish them luck tho - many will try and cobble it together but... i dunno, safety and all.

MICK - 4-29-2010 at 07:52 PM

many houses like mine were and are still rebuildable. I have been working for three weeeks and am almost back to where I was. There are a few that need to come down but not that many.
Be carefull because almost all camp owners only let certain people work in their camp. unless you are an owner. Some will let you work there but you have to pay some percent to them. Best to ask around
Mick

nbacc - 4-30-2010 at 06:15 AM

Bajariverrat...check your u2u

capt. mike - 4-30-2010 at 06:52 AM

Mick - do you know the guy whose's home Desert Bull profiled in that DN story after the earthquake? was it yours by chance?