BajaNomad

Title Insurance

mcall4 - 7-15-2004 at 05:23 PM

I am buying a bank trust beach property. Please let me know if you have experience with title insurance in Baja. How much is title insurance? I've heard Stewart offers it but who else is there? By the way, my property is in the Real Del Mar/San Antonio Del Mar area. Thanks

Title Insurance

Seatrumpet - 7-16-2004 at 04:03 AM

Hi, and Welcome!

I, too am new and have this site wonderful.

As far as title insurance, the only company we have been able to find is Stewart Title.

We are looking for property in Baja too. It has taken us a long time to do some homework and thur the help of this site and many others we have certainly obtained a wealth of information.

By the way, what type of property did you buy? We are still trying to get a handle on prices.

Maybe you could share with us why you are buying in the area you have mentioned.

Stewart Title seems to be doing a good job, you might want to speak with them. Title insurance is usually based on the price of the property you are purchasing.

Put on your computer in search "Stewart Title" and that should bring you to their site.

Good Luck! and Congradulations!

Prices

JZ - 7-16-2004 at 09:08 AM

Here's what I have heard (for the mainland):

$1,200 for a title search. $300-400 for a title search (update) if you are part of a sub-division and the builder has obtained a master title commitment.

The actual policy is $7 per thousand or $6.25 per thousand if there is a master title commitment.

So property with a combined value (land and structure) of $200K would be $1,400, plus the cost of the title search. It would be a good bit less if you are part of a development.

[Edited on 7-16-2004 by JZ]