BajaNomad

Sheri - wassup for memorial weekend??

capt. mike - 5-6-2010 at 06:11 PM

any thing up around Asuncion?
for the 3 dayer?

Bajaboy - 5-6-2010 at 06:26 PM

Hey Mike

It's Shari....come on now...I figured you would have learned after DK already corrected you on your spelling.

If you fly down between the 16th or the 22nd, I'll give you a lift from the "airport"

capt. mike - 5-7-2010 at 05:44 AM

hahaha!!
mea culpa Shari...man, am i the worst speller or what! haha.
well Zac that will be great - but i am putting together a group MAYBE for the mulege tourney 21-22 but am one - 2 seats shy of getting that deal done affordably for the pax.
so the other option really is memorial weekend, and has to be cool pacific or mi esposa will NOT go!. so - was thinking asuncion for a change.
as is usual - nothing ever firms up until the last minute.

shari - 5-7-2010 at 08:07 AM

hey Mike...It's Sheri...ooops sorry...I mean Shari...or some call me Shereeeeee, or Cherrrrry as the locals say...I'm not fussy.

Anyway...nothin special going on that weekend except maybe a BBQ at Bajaboys!!! dont forget the tri-tip amigo...if you drop in, we'll have one of our epic gatherings in your honour....wooooo hooooo.

the weather will be a crap shoot...the last few days was perfect low 80's but looks like a cold front in a few days...there is usually wind this time of year in the afternoons but I can guarentee cool for your copilot.

We'll have that abalone c-cktail ready for ya...ask DTbushpilot how yummy it is!

dtbushpilot - 5-7-2010 at 08:12 AM

Juan makes a killer abalone c-cktail, I had never had abalone.....it was like a party going on in my mouth.....better go get some before its all gone. Hey shari, remind Juan that he promissed to save a can for Jill:bounce::bounce:....dt

capt. mike - 5-8-2010 at 06:28 AM

all sounds great.
think may have the 20-23 sewn up for mulege. got 2 who want to go yesterday, alex supposed to have a 2nd boat or mateo possibly. all my friends with boats are booked out and full.

capt. mike - 5-27-2010 at 08:18 AM

headed to mulege fri, manana a.m. at o'dark thirty.
thinking a day only side trip to pac fri or sat., kill a morning maybe.
what is your local cell ph Shari?
if dialing from a usa cell what prefix numbers do i dial?
or just 1+ area code and number?
i have ATT - snyone here use ATT, i can call to states easy - no special play.
but i haven't used it for calling to a mex number yet.

shari - 5-27-2010 at 08:27 AM

Well captain...saturday would be a better choice as we are organizing a party in honour of the bike race on sunday...but saturday bajablanca and her esposo will be here at the beach house so we are having a meeting of the minds saturday...a mini nomad gathering sounds like a plan....zoe, laurieboats, bajablanca and you...pick ya up at the strip...check u2u for numbers

capt. mike - 5-27-2010 at 09:37 AM

thx got your number i'll "practice" calling you from mulege. hahaha.

capt. mike - 5-27-2010 at 03:55 PM

ok Tom wants to go so we are fishing sat or sun TBD with a capt. in mulege then the other day is Asuncion in the a.m. i'll let you know. big fun!!!!
woo hoo.

shari - 5-27-2010 at 04:02 PM

yep...woohooo...so will that be pacifico or tecate sir? Abalone c-cktail sound good?

capt. mike - 5-29-2010 at 07:16 AM

shari we are conming obver this morning somem time. as soon as my eyes can focus......mulege was brutal last night.
we met maria mulegena nice lady. i will try to call you on my cell phone.

shari - 5-29-2010 at 07:22 AM

roger that...the pacific beckons!!! it will be fun to finally meet!

Mulegena - 5-29-2010 at 10:10 AM

ooh, have FUN you guyz!!

wish I were there to see all the kids and participate in the Pow Wow/gab fest
... and to throw back some seafood and cerveza with you all!

Hugs, Mulegena

Lauriboats - 5-29-2010 at 11:43 AM

Capt. Mike and Tom flew into Asuncion this morning. Shari is currently giving them the tour of the town. They stopped by our place, it was great to meet them, wish they could stay for the party tonight.

zforbes - 5-29-2010 at 01:29 PM

Mulagena, you will be here in spirit and I'll drink to that!

woody with a view - 5-29-2010 at 08:55 PM

don't forget to leave the rottwieller (sp?) in the c-ckpit when you split!!!!

classicbajabronco - 5-29-2010 at 10:14 PM

woody in OB

Sorry I have to ask.....

Does your name refer to:

1. Woody in Ocean beach

or

2. Woody in The OB( GYN)

Sorry....I just couldn't resist
:lol::yes:

[Edited on 5-30-2010 by classicbajabronco]

capt. mike - 5-30-2010 at 07:18 AM

thx Shari - and nice meeting Jim & Laurie and Mrs. Forbes aka Zac's mom.
ditto Juan - what a guy!
Shari gave us the total VIP tour even helped me fix a pesky baggage door lock that decided to go snafu on me when we landed.
great little fun town. wx sweet at 61 F on landing. we have been in the low 90s in mulege.
We met her adorable hija Serena too , cuter than a bug's ear.
Shari had a day of sport mtn bikers to get ready for and we needed to get back to our "co pilots" ....waiting on us by the serenidad pool.
so she sent us off with a cooler and 6 pack traveler of tecates to get us thru the 50 minute flight back to mulege.

to quote Ahnold....."we'll be baaaack"...!! when we can stay a while.

thx S&J!!
hey post the pictures here so i can show Janeen and Gayle.

woody with a view - 5-30-2010 at 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by classicbajabronco
woody in OB

Sorry I have to ask.....

Does your name refer to:

1. Woody in Ocean beach

or

2. Woody in The OB( GYN)

Sorry....I just couldn't resist
:lol::yes:

[Edited on 5-30-2010 by classicbajabronco]

yes!:P

shari - 5-30-2010 at 07:28 AM

It was a quick and dirty visit all right...not fair...Juan didnt even have time to make his famous abalone c-cktail!! Sweet ride ya got there Cap'n. Look forward to your next visit.

[Edited on 5-30-2010 by shari]

DSC05266-2.JPG - 40kB

shari - 5-30-2010 at 07:35 AM

good thing I had my tools in my purse...and small fingers!! the cops had a good laugh over that...the woman policia wanted to go for a ride as she'd never been in a plane and the other cop said she couldnt because she forgot to bring diapers..ahahahaha (meaning she'd crap herself) way too funny. Here are the boys before take off...loaded and ready to roll.

DSC05267-1.JPG - 47kB

Mulegena - 5-30-2010 at 08:17 AM

Mike, so fun to bump into you at the Serenidad on Friday afternoon.

I knew from Shari you were coming into Mulege and had hoped to make a connection, but it was completely unplanned when it happened. I was with Mick and his three PADI Scuba Dive Instructor Candidates who were having an afternoon class at the Serenidad (what a classroom!). The Serenidad has generously welcomed Mick of Cortez Explorers to use the pool for portions of his teaching, so I was just tagging along for the sunshine!

I was in Asuncion earlier this week and had invited Shari to drive back to Mulege with me. We'd laughed that she might hitch a ride back to the Pacific with you. She's little and would easily fit into an overhead compartment, right!?!

DENNIS - 5-30-2010 at 08:22 AM

WOW....Sounds like Asunción is party central. I could probably get there in about a 12-PAK.
Lemme talk to my dog and see if she's in the mood for a road trip. :light:

shari - 5-30-2010 at 08:26 AM

uhhh...dennis...ya better pack more beer...it's a 6 pack run just to Vizcaino!!!:lol: tell poochie, there are doggie treats here and some hot perras!!