BajaNomad

Loreto 400

Tio Rocky - 7-19-2004 at 08:15 AM

Looking for info on the Loreto 400?. I would like to promo it on my front page but can?t find any info for this year?s race? any web resources you know of would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,
Tio Rocky
www.bajaevents.com

tim40 - 7-19-2004 at 08:00 PM

Would suggest that you contact Ron or Wendy at Villa's De Loreto. They are racers and well networked.

www.villasdeloreto.com

Tried that

Tio Rocky - 7-20-2004 at 09:47 AM

Tim04,

Thanks.
Ron was the first person I contacted and all he could tell me was that its scheduled for the 18th and 19th of September?. He?s kind of thrown his hands up in the air when it comes to Events and just waits for them to happen?. I have been promoting Baja Events for five years now and finding good accurate info can be frustrating?. You usually get it about a week or two before the Events and then it does no good to post it?

Because of this I have hooked up with a racer out of La Paz, Andrea Tomba and we?re in the process of putting a Baja Sur Race site together? hopefully it will help the situation..

Thanks again Tim04

Tio Rocky,
www.bajaevents.com

tim40 - 7-20-2004 at 05:08 PM

Unfortunately, you know you are exactly correct. I like to attribute it to the intersection of 'living on mexico time' and wanting to live on Mexico time.... Good luck and I would be interested in learning of your progress. Up through the 2001 SCORE series I raced a 2/1600 for many years. Why is it that time and money never go together???

Found some info

Tio Rocky - 8-26-2004 at 07:21 AM

I finally found some info and posted it here..... I will definitely be there....

http://bajaevents.com/bb/bb/viewforum.php?f=22

Tio Out!

fun race, a lot of locals, that is Mexican

capt. mike - 8-26-2004 at 12:08 PM

teams abound, few USA players. That's what we observed when there 2 years ago basing a Sams trip out of MMLT instaed of Mulege. The teams were all out in the streets fri and sat nites, great party, like a contingency sort of. I'd like to be there this year but am headed to reno for the world's fastest motor sport.....no it ain't nascar .....nor iroc..... nor cart It's pylon racing!! hee yaw!!