BajaNomad

The Dieing Baja Nomad?

Big Al - 7-20-2004 at 09:02 AM

What's happening with this forum, it seems to be dieing? I see very few posts anymore. Is everyone on summer vacation, leaving us working stiffs without Baja daydreaming material?

Big Al

Can't seem to post pictures anymore

jrbaja - 7-20-2004 at 09:09 AM

maybe that's it.:lol:

?????????????

Capt. George - 7-20-2004 at 09:13 AM

probably vacatios, seem to remember this occuring last summer.....

Ie that's it.....

vikingo

Big Al or anyone interested

jrbaja - 7-20-2004 at 09:40 AM

I am currently remodeling my MSN Group.
http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum

I have divided it into sections including ranchos, lakes, caves, waterfalls, handicrafts, people, etc.

Feel free to join as a member or just browse through the stories of my trips or photos. They are about Baja rather than me. I think you might enjoy them.
If you are not familiar with the MSN groups, just scroll down the menu on the left side of the screen until you see something that may interest you.
When you get into pictures or photo albums, there is a box on the upper left with page numbers if there is more than one page to the album.
Enjoy Baja from afar !

JESSE - 7-20-2004 at 01:13 PM

The board seems fine to me, and i guess many are on vacation, so don't get sad.

There are lulls

jrbaja - 7-20-2004 at 02:29 PM

and we are demented. Unless there is some controversy/argument going on, there doesn't seem to be that much interest.
Like soap operas, auto accidents, murders, whathaveyou. Just look at the views section and see where the majority of us spend our time viewing. :lol:

Bob and Susan - 7-20-2004 at 04:08 PM

We read every day. Just nothing to say:lol::lol:
Susan

David K - 7-20-2004 at 05:59 PM

Gee Al, I think it is pretty good. Surfer Jim just posted a trip report, Mike Humfreville gave us another chapter of his book, I posted some photos... and lots more from others.

How are you viewing Nomad? Do you click on 'Today's Posts' (good only if you view it daily), or do you go to various Nomad forums besides General Baja, a lot is on the other ones like Historic Interest, Off Roading, Q & A, Fishing, etc.. The really noisy Off Topic forum is still there, but not included in the 'Todays Posts' list ... if you like that stuff.

Hey David

jrbaja - 7-20-2004 at 07:26 PM

Are you the only one that gets to post photos these days?
That's not fair getting taught by the management witcho new camera while some of us are still stumbling along.:lol:

David K - 7-20-2004 at 07:39 PM

Some of us are just lucky, I guess?:?::?::?::lol::lol::lol:

jrbaja - 7-20-2004 at 10:40 PM

:lol:

No pictures?

Bedman - 7-21-2004 at 01:12 AM

ok, I'll try and see if this old Whizbang puter thang can post one.

ok.....one last attempt..

Bedman - 7-21-2004 at 01:27 AM

interesting thing is... After each attempt the server takes me back to my last post as if I am attempting to edit it. 3 different attempts , all on the same post. I closed the site and reopened it this time and now have a new screen?? Ok, you IT guys. What's going on?

FrankO - 7-21-2004 at 02:41 AM

Let's see.
Nope, didn't work.

[Edited on 7-21-2004 by FrankO]

David K

Big Al - 7-21-2004 at 03:26 PM

I was talking about this Forum in particular. Yes I read the other sections, but every now and again I need to hear about someones fishing trip where the bait was plentiful and after catching enough for dinner it was catch and release until your arms came off, but had enough energy to uncap a Pacifico to go with the grilled fish.

Summer vacations!!!

BajaCactus - 7-21-2004 at 06:37 PM

I think this forum is still great... you can get to read a lot about Baja in it.

Now, I have not noticed, but maybe many people are enjoying the beuties of Baja in this great summer vacation and that is why they have not posted..... I would not blame them, in fact, I wish I was there with them fishing and relaxing in the beach instead of being here in my office.

To any Nomads out traveling in Baja.... keep doing it.. and after you are done... come back and tell us all about your trip... like surferjim....keep the Baja fever alive!!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

David K - 7-21-2004 at 06:50 PM

Hi Al, I didn't know you were refering only to the Fishing Forum... understand now, thanks!

I suspect others also thought you meant all of Baja Nomad Forums.

I guess that means you have to get back to fishing more?! Have fun!

Hmmmm....?

Bedman - 7-21-2004 at 11:07 PM

So to post a pic now, we have to have it already on a website. And then refer to the URL. I don't have a URL with this pic attached any where. I'll try one more time any way. I don't give up easily......hehehe.

If you can see it it's here, if you can't, it ain't.

Bedman

David K - 7-22-2004 at 12:28 AM

Steve, you have two web pages full of your photos you can hot link images from, at my site: http://vivabaja.com/bedman (2001 photos) and http://vivabaja.com/bedman2 (2002 photos).

Neal Johns, M (Michelle), Desert Rat, Baja Ken, Jide, and others have also sent me their photos to put on the Internet for all to enjoy, thank you! (Located in my 'Contributed Photos' or 'Links to Specific Baja Locations' sections at VivaBaja.com)

Your So right!, Thanks David.....

Bedman - 7-22-2004 at 07:24 PM

But thats only a 100 or so pictures, I have thousands more on my computer and the one I wanted to add to this thread is of a me and a fish. That certain 420# Black Sea Bass. It's Huge

How did it taste ?

jrbaja - 7-22-2004 at 08:42 PM

David K - 7-22-2004 at 09:04 PM

Here is Bedman's photo of that fish... I saw it on the floor at Cielito Lindo getting ready to be cooked (April 2001)!

420# Black Sea Bass