BajaNomad

Trip Along The US/Mexico Borderlands

Ken Cooke - 6-11-2010 at 07:48 PM

The Mrs. and I were itching to get outside for the weekend, and since we are waiting for her Permanent Residence card to come in the mail, we can't go to Baja yet. So, a trip along the US/Mexico border would have to suffice.

The San Ysidro Designer Outlet parking lot is adjacent to the International Border. Here is what our adventure along the US/Mexico Border looked like...

The International border runs adjacent to this parking lot. Lots of great deals and fashionable people walking around looking at clothes.

Here is the Mrs. standing just yards from the US/Mexico border. Secure the border? How about, secure my debt card! :lol::bounce::o

Looking towards the "Uptown" section of Tijuana, Mexico...

My Mrs. made a great model next to this commemorative plaque explaining the relationship between the United States and our neighbor Mexico.

:bounce: ::The end:: :bounce:

SiReNiTa - 6-11-2010 at 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke

My Mrs. made a great model next to this commemorative plaque explaining the relationship between the United States and our neighbor Mexico.

:bounce: ::The end:: :bounce:

Faded?? :lol::lol::lol:
Sorry couldn't resist!

Great pictures and beautiful model!
I've only been to the duty free at the walk across part of the border but I've been itching to go to that shopping complex...I hear there are some super deals and really cool stuff!!

Glad you had a good day and thanks for the pictures!!

(edited: oopsies quoted the wrong image)

[Edited on 6-12-2010 by SiReNiTa]

Ken Cooke - 6-11-2010 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa

Faded?? :lol::lol::lol:
Sorry couldn't resist!

That is what I thought as I walked the fine line between safety/security and danger/mystery.

Current In-Store promotions

Ken Cooke - 6-11-2010 at 08:37 PM

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/sales.asp?id=76

Seniors get a 10% discount. :bounce:

Bajaboy - 6-11-2010 at 09:40 PM

We shop at Las Americas once in awhile....no better than any other mall in SD area in my opinion but some good stores.

tjBill - 6-12-2010 at 07:56 PM

Nice photos of Tijuana adjacent. :D

Really, Las Americas Premium Outlet has more people shopping from South of the Border than North.