BajaNomad

Looking for house to rent or lease in Ensenada

güero - 7-15-2010 at 08:46 AM

Fellow nomads, I am serious with my plans to move to Ensenada. I am going this weekend, to spend up to a week looking for a house to rent or lease. Option to buy is a plus. The area I prefer would be the North / West part of town although I realize that I can't be too picky with the amount of time I have. A temporary place might be the only choice.

With a wife and two children I would prefer at least 3 bedrooms. Our family composed of one woman, two young women and myself, 2 bathrooms is almost a must, ideally one being a master bath.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or support.

güero

[Edited on 7-15-2010 by güero]

güero - 7-15-2010 at 11:05 AM

I checked craigslist Tijauna without results. Anyone know of a real estate business in Ensenada that might have rentals?

BajaGringo - 7-15-2010 at 11:14 AM

If you are coming down this weekend, secure a Telcel / Plan Amigo cell phone (pay as you go) and start driving the neighborhoods you are interested in, looking for SE RENTA signs. You will save time and money that way IMHO...

DENNIS - 7-15-2010 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by güero
The area I prefer would be the North / West part of town although I realize that I can't be too picky with the amount of time I have.

Not exactly sure where you mean.

Here's a lady whom I know....she has rentals but mostly in the Punta Banda area.

irkad2005@yahoo.com

bajabound2005 - 7-15-2010 at 04:35 PM

This was posted on our Punta Banda Yahoo group a while back. It's the area you are looking for. He may be able to guide you to the right person.

"I have a couple of homes I have for rent in Cibola Del Mar located on the hill
just before you arrive at the toll booth leaving Ensenada.

Both houses are recently remodeled and offer a fantastic view of the bay from a safe and secluded location. This is a gated community with cobblestone streets
and quiet neighbors. Each house is two bedroom and offered on a short term or
long term basis.

Thank you for your assistance.

Please feel free to contact me at jimbrown@mailcity.com or 646-151-3623."

DENNIS - 7-15-2010 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005

"I have a couple of homes I have for rent in Cibola Del Mar located on the hill
just before you arrive at the toll booth leaving Ensenada.

Cibola is a real nice area.

güero - 7-16-2010 at 08:41 PM

Just arrived in Ensenada about 7:30 tonight. Staying at the Don Fernando. We'll check this area tomorrow morning. We really like the jogging track in this neighborhood. There are also a couple schools that look promising.

We'll follow up on the leads that you guys have given tomorrow afternoon. I really appreciate the help, thank you.

güero

estebanis - 7-17-2010 at 05:48 PM

Did you have any luck?:?:

DENNIS - 7-17-2010 at 07:30 PM

Quote:
Just arrived in Ensenada about 7:30 tonight. Staying at the Don Fernando. We'll check this area tomorrow morning. We really like the jogging track in this neighborhood. There are also a couple schools that look promising.

Sounds as though you're around Playas Ensenada and Sullivan park. I lived right down the street on Las Brisas for eight or so years. Nice area. Every Mexican in the neighborhood has an American Express card.

BajaGringo - 7-17-2010 at 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Every Mexican in the neighborhood has an American Express card.

Yes, but who do the cards belong to???

(just kidding)

:biggrin:

MsTerieus - 7-18-2010 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Nice area. Every Mexican in the neighborhood has an American Express card.

I don't get it. Could you explain why it is that neighbors owning AmEx cards is a good (or bad) thing?

MsTerieus - 7-18-2010 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Yes, but who do the cards belong to???

(just kidding)

LOL :tumble:

DENNIS - 7-18-2010 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MsTerieus
I don't get it. Could you explain why it is that neighbors owning AmEx cards is a good (or bad) thing?

Not to you. If you don't get my point, go to another thread where things arn't so deep.

MsTerieus - 7-18-2010 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Not to you. If you don't get my point, go to another thread where things arn't so deep.

Oh, Dennis. Just because I picked on your old friend, Skeet, doesn't mean you have to insult me without justification. I assure you my intelligence level is such that I can appreciate "deep" thoughts. Sometimes I'm a bit slower on sarcastic remarks and obscure jokes, though.

[Edited on 7-18-2010 by MsTerieus]

oldlady - 7-18-2010 at 01:02 PM

I think it may depend on the color of the card. Once upon a time there was green. It was not a credit card. You paid a fee to get one and you had to document your salary, net worth, and have a good credit rating. Kind of like getting a mortgage in olden times. Golds and Plats could be obtained by meeting higher criteria. There was a saying, "if it's green he can pay for dinner if it's gold he can buy the restaurant"
I believe Amex may have later succumbed to issuing a credit card, I'm not sure. But in olden times having an Amex card was a good indicator you paid your bills on time.

DENNIS - 7-18-2010 at 01:05 PM

Quote:
I assure you my intelligence level is such that I can appreciate "deep" thoughts.

That's your second reference to your brilliance in the last thirty minutes. Is this going to be an ongoing thing?

DENNIS - 7-18-2010 at 01:19 PM

Quote:
doesn't mean you have to insult me without justification.

I haven't even come close to insulting you. Believe me, you'll know it when I do.

Timo1 - 7-18-2010 at 01:38 PM

Amazing how this forum works
from looking for a house to rent to Amex
I'm still trying to figure out how a guy can claim to own half of Baja
because someone cooked a turtle or not

DianaT - 7-18-2010 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
Amazing how this forum works
from looking for a house to rent to Amex
I'm still trying to figure out how a guy can claim to own half of Baja
because someone cooked a turtle or not

:biggrin::lol::lol::biggrin:

MsTerieus - 7-18-2010 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I assure you my intelligence level is such that I can appreciate "deep" thoughts.

That's your second reference to your brilliance in the last thirty minutes. Is this going to be an ongoing thing?

I was replying to what was obviously an attempt (by you) to insult my intelligence.

Is this going to be an ongoing thing?

noproblemo2 - 7-18-2010 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was replying to what was obviously an attempt (by you) to insult my intelligence.

Is this going to be an ongoing thing?

You can bank on it.... :lol:

MsTerieus - 7-18-2010 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by noproblemo2

LOL ... Oh sh-t, what did I get myself into? :rolleyes:

noproblemo2 - 7-18-2010 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by noproblemo2

LOL ... Oh sh-t, what did I get myself into? :rolleyes:

Well you will soon be finding out I'm sure..... :lol:

A beer or two

bajaguy - 7-18-2010 at 06:43 PM

MsTerieus.............

Before you make any snap judgements, if you are ever in Ensenada or the Punta Banda area, you should take the time to meet Dennis..........I have and he is a great guy.....trust me!!!!!!

MsTerieus - 7-18-2010 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
MsTerieus.............

Before you make any snap judgements, if you are ever in Ensenada or the Punta Banda area, you should take the time to meet Dennis..........I have and he is a great guy.....trust me!!!!!!

Ya know, having read many of his posts, both here and on another forum, I kinda liked the guy, despite the antagonism I saw from many other posters. But I can't say he has endeared himself to me, since this morning! ;)

noproblemo2 - 7-18-2010 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
MsTerieus.............

Ya know, having read many of his posts, both here and on another forum, I kinda liked the guy, despite the antagonism I saw from many other posters. But I can't say he has endeared himself to me, since this morning! ;)

MsTerieus , take life with a grain of salt, everyone has their days, hang in there....

mtgoat666 - 7-18-2010 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The area I prefer would be the North / West part of town although I realize that I can't be too picky with the amount of time I have.

Not exactly sure where you mean.

the hills north and northeast of UABC are great. most houses in those hills have good vies of ocean or town. nice neighbohood.

bajamigo - 7-18-2010 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
MsTerieus.............

That's Dennis. Wait till tomorrow morning.

güero - 7-18-2010 at 11:06 PM

Thanks goat, north and northeast of the university is a nice area and we plan on looking at a three bedroom place there tomorrow. I thought it was the NW area that we were most interested in but after map lesson 101 I realize it is more west central, East S/E of the marina area. Plan on checking the playa area, Las Brisas that Dennis mentioned South a little, toward the Wal-Mart and Home Depot. Been cruising neighborhoods with cell phone as BajaGringo suggested. Ensenada is large. The day went by too quick to check everywhere so we'll be back at it Monday...Tues...........

Hey, you guys carry on about credit cards and the like. I don't mind. It keeps the post fresh and maybe someone with house info will chime in. I don't recall some of that credit card stuff your talking about but it's probably because I was too much of a broke dick to have any credit when I was young.

Again, thanks for the tips.

güero - 7-20-2010 at 08:36 PM

We secured a house! Looking forward to living in Ensenada! Thanks to all for the help!

Is there a watering hole around the north end of Reforma Blvd?

güero

BajaGringo - 7-20-2010 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
We secured a house! Looking forward to living in Ensenada! Thanks to all for the help!

güero

Congratulations! Now get ready to start making a list and checking it over and over and...

Dennis is your local expert on watering holes...

:lol::lol::lol:

Bob H - 7-21-2010 at 11:23 AM

Quote:

güero

Congratulations! Oh, watering holes... you'll find them. :yes:
Bob H

DENNIS - 7-21-2010 at 11:38 AM

Quote:

Not that I can think of although there's a unique restaurant in that area.
From a David K post a few years back:
El Taco de Huitzilopochtli, in Ensenada. Open on weekends only. Avenida de las Rosas 242 Tel. (6) 174-23-81. It is located in the far north-east corner of town.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mexico/baja-california/ensenada/...

noproblemo2 - 7-21-2010 at 12:00 PM

Congrats on your upcoming move.............

güero - 7-21-2010 at 10:21 PM

I will check the restaurant, it sounds great. Lamb...mesquite...chiles...nopal...mole...ay! A couple modelo lights.......heaven