BajaNomad

San Diego ZOO with the Baja Cactus Family

David K - 8-8-2010 at 09:19 PM

Antonio does so many nice things for us Nomads and other Baja travelers, it was a great thrill for Baja Angel and I to take Antonio, Lorenia and Little Lorenia (now 5) into the Zoo today... It was a beautiful day and we all had a great time!

Good people... Good times...

Bob H - 8-8-2010 at 09:59 PM

Nice.... good times for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Barry A. - 8-8-2010 at 10:15 PM

Great pics, David. Everybody is obviously having a real great time. Thanks for posting these.

Best, Barry

capt. mike - 8-9-2010 at 05:49 AM

i recognize that family of rodents from their TV show.

ELINVESTIG8R - 8-9-2010 at 05:54 AM

Thank you David K. Looks like you guys had fun.

wessongroup - 8-9-2010 at 07:17 AM

Good man DK... and thanks for sharing...

David K - 8-9-2010 at 09:19 AM

as always... el gusto es mio!

David K - 8-9-2010 at 06:36 PM

Here's our group photo taken as we got in line for the bus tour... Little Lorenia is a Q T... !

Ken Bondy - 8-9-2010 at 07:46 PM

Wonderful stuff David, thanks. ++Ken++

Udo - 8-9-2010 at 07:57 PM

Little Lorenia is the spittin' image of her mami!

BAJACAT - 8-9-2010 at 07:58 PM

SUPER COOL DK ANTONIO IS A GREAT GUY, AND SO ARE YOU.. LIKE I ALWAYS SAY, IS GREAT TO BE A BAJANOMAD...

[Edited on 8-10-2010 by BAJACAT]

capt. mike - 8-10-2010 at 04:57 AM

David where do you get those hats? i like them, been looking for a while and can't find any.
called a wingate? or windsor?
not quite a fedora although Galen Hanselman calls his a fedora - it is close.
a wingate has a slightly wider brim.

bajaguy - 8-10-2010 at 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
David where do you get those hats? i like them, been looking for a while and can't find any.
called a wingate? or windsor?
not quite a fedora although Galen Hanselman calls his a fedora - it is close.
a wingate has a slightly wider brim.

Mike, try this

http://www.duluthtrading.com/95873.aspx?src=T28PRWPR

David K - 8-10-2010 at 07:34 AM

Mike, at the Zoo or Wild Animal Park... I got that one last time we were at the zoo. It has a snap on one side so you can make it look Australian, too. Inside the hat is the zoo/ wild animal park logo stamped in... and a made in USA tag.

edit: I just looked at BajaGuy's link, and that is not the hat I have. They do have those at the zoo, also (crushable/ ventilated hats).. But mine is a firm, heavy canvas hat and not crushable. Again, it is like the Australian army hat with the flap snapped up... or like an outback rancher (station) hat with the flap down.

[Edited on 8-10-2010 by David K]

wilderone - 8-10-2010 at 08:43 AM

Your little Lorenia is such a beautiful child - glad you all had a good time.

mtgoat666 - 8-10-2010 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Mike, at the Zoo or Wild Animal Park... I got that one last time we were at the zoo. It has a snap on one side so you can make it look Australian, too. Inside the hat is the zoo/ wild animal park logo stamped in... and a made in USA tag.

edit: I just looked at BajaGuy's link, and that is not the hat I have. They do have those at the zoo, also (crushable/ ventilated hats).. But mine is a firm, heavy canvas hat and not crushable. Again, it is like the Australian army hat with the flap snapped up... or like an outback rancher (station) hat with the flap down.

[Edited on 8-10-2010 by David K]

can get fitted aussie style hats at most good hat stores. in san diego there is a good store is on 4th between robinson and university (be carefull capt cracker, the neighborhood will scare you insecure men :lol::lol:)

Mexitron - 8-10-2010 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
i recognize that family of rodents from their TV show.

Actually I think Meerkats are related to the Mongoose...cute little guys....

capt. mike - 8-11-2010 at 05:50 AM

"can get fitted aussie style hats at most good hat stores. in san diego there is a good store is on 4th between robinson and university (be carefull capt cracker, the neighborhood will scare you insecure men :lol "

why? is that where you hang with commie rump rangers?? :lol:
hahahaha.
i can take care of myself pretty well. you might get the best of me in a rowser but you'll be hurtin' too and probably limp away. ;)

Thank you!!!

BajaCactus - 8-11-2010 at 02:02 PM

DavidK and BajaAngel... thank you so much for your invitation to the San Diego Zoo... we had a wonderful time... specially little Lorenia since this was her first time ever to a Zoo!!!

And thanks everyone for your nice words... friendship is indeed one of the best gifts in life!!!

BajaCactus

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

David K - 8-11-2010 at 05:37 PM

De nada amigo... we enjoyed ourselves as well Sunday!