BajaNomad

Baja Weather Link: Wind on the Water

windgrrl - 8-12-2010 at 12:58 PM

Shows current selected North American weather, including Mexico.

Just click on grey dot for detailed reports, webcams:
http://windonthewater.com/

Udo - 8-12-2010 at 01:23 PM

Very cool site, windgrrl.
You're living up to your avatar!

windgrrl - 8-12-2010 at 02:56 PM

Da nada...with new a new avatar to live up to!

Udo - 8-12-2010 at 08:24 PM

Now I see the reson for the avatar name. I used to windsurf quite a bit until a motorcycle wreck almost cut off my right arm below the elbow..well it did, but the MDs managed to put things back where they belonged, minus some nerve endings.

windgrrl - 8-13-2010 at 02:23 PM

Wow, Udo - I am glad your arm is still with you!

I can relate to your accident a little bit. I was was knocked off my bike by a truck a few years ago and my leg was broken. When I was able to sail again, it took me a long time to feel comfortable sailing in the foot straps and my skills have lagged.

Last January on a particiularly windless vacation in LB, I rediscovered the fun of sailing a longboard. I was fortunate to be with several days with hundreds of dolphins as they hung out in the protected bay.

It was such a revelation to enjoy relaxed windsurfing that my husband & I went "back to the future" and bought matching big boards (RRD Longriders) that can be used for sailing or stand-up paddling. We have been able to get out much more and I can finally sail in the the straps

I'm really excited about getting lots of time on the water in LB this winter to work on my skills so... am praying for wind! Bu, there's lots to learn (and dolphins!) on calm days on the longboard, so I am happy to have any weather except snow!

Have a great weekend,
w