BajaNomad

BIG swell...big belly!

shari - 8-24-2010 at 11:02 AM

it's a big week for some of us here in Asuncion...the surfers are stoked at the beautiful big swell which shall last another few days at least...

and Sirenitas belly is also getting bigger each day...she figures Izaak is already starting his descent...oh oh...
we have a baby pool started...not for splashing around in...but for us betting folk to have some fun...100 pesos gets you a date and the winner takes half and Izaak's first bank account will be opened with the other half of the proceeds...who wants in?

DSC06166.JPG - 47kB

Lee - 8-24-2010 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
.... 100 pesos gets you a date and the winner takes half and Izaak's first bank account will be opened with the other half of the proceeds...who wants in?

OK. You have my IOU and Sirenitas is sure looking womanly! Aye!

So, where are the surf pictures? Gotta have some surf pics.

shari - 8-24-2010 at 11:20 AM

I havent been out to the break but here is last weeks swell...
Lee, what date do you want and time?

lots of splashing going on in the pool ...we might have to also put anticipated hour down as dates are filling up fast...we have amigos placing their bets via juan's paypal juanarcemarron@paypal.com so mention a time with your date por favor!!

[Edited on 8-24-2010 by shari]

boogie wave.jpg - 47kB

jorgie - 8-24-2010 at 11:41 AM

04:00 hours local 4th September 2010

shari - 8-24-2010 at 11:45 AM

you're in Jorge...mil gracias por su generosidad tambien amigo....

I just snapped this photo in the front yard of the swell building fast

DSC06170-1.JPG - 48kB

Let's talk range....

Lee - 8-24-2010 at 11:52 AM

Did a Ped MD arrive at a due date? What was it?

shari - 8-24-2010 at 12:57 PM

the date is somewhat vague....first they said mid november....then the first and only ultrasound technician said oh umm...somewhere between sept.7-27 and hes been on summer holidays so her next ultrasound isnt till sept. 7th which may be too late....so basically it's a crap shoot...so consult your numerology or astrological charts....consult a psychic...guess...gamble!!!
Sirena says he's turned and in position for his grand entrance but what does she know eh!:lol:

swell is still building here at the blowhole

DSC06188.JPG - 43kB

DENNIS - 8-24-2010 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Did a Ped MD arrive at a due date? What was it?

Maybe Sirenita will let us read her diary....for clues. :biggrin:

shari - 8-24-2010 at 01:14 PM

If you had to drive that friggin road for a ultrasound...you'd only want one too!!!

I just took this photo of some kids learning to surf at Meringue beach beside the boat ramp...I was down there for back up in case the monster pick up failed...juan just got in..some nice big mother calicos...I hate it when they surf next to the launch ramp...good thing juan is good at waiting for the sajio...calm between sets.

DSC06187.JPG - 44kB

Timo1 - 8-24-2010 at 02:26 PM

Shari....count me in for sept. 6 1:30 am

Nan&D - 8-24-2010 at 02:40 PM

Betting on Baby!
I see Sept 14 12:30 am as his pop-out party-time.
You're sure looking swell Sirena.
xoxo, Nan

redmesa - 8-24-2010 at 03:18 PM

Welcoming party should be planned for September 21st at 11:00 a.m. Put my ten there. Happy Birthing, Sirena & Adrian!

woody with a view - 8-24-2010 at 03:53 PM

swell should hold on thru the weekend. the baby? quen sabe?

SiReNiTa - 8-24-2010 at 04:13 PM

Oh my! Well...Looks like mom is the latest bet yet!

And yes baby Izaak is starting his descent, I can feel him pushing at my hips and pelvis....not so pleasant!
But at least it's easier to breath now that he's not pushing against my lungs :O

We just spent an amazing day at the beach with Gypsies, swell is HUGE...I couldn't even get all the way in the water in fear the big waves would give me a big tumble!!!

Earliest bet is for september 3rd...YIKES!! I guess he will come when he is ready to come, but I sure can't see him staying in here more than a couple of weeks...but I've been wrong before so......:?:

For those interested we still have the baby registry up, the link is on my signature, thanks a bunch!! :tumble::tumble::tumble:

Full Steam Ahead

Lee - 8-24-2010 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
For those interested we still have the baby registry up, the link is on my signature, thanks a bunch!! :tumble::tumble::tumble:

And here it is again. You'll be getting the digital thermometer from me -- so make sure it get's crossed off the list.

As for a date: Sept. 23, Noon.

ATTN NOMADS: Here's the chance to help! Check out the Registry!

http://www.target.com/registry/baby/3OQODNBEXPKXM

SiReNiTa - 8-24-2010 at 06:22 PM

thanks a billion Lee! I was stressing over the thermometer!!!

BajaNuts - 8-24-2010 at 07:30 PM

Just jumped into the pool-
Sept 16th (my hubby's birth day)
07:44am ( my son's birth time)

wishing health and happiness to both mom and baby and to ALL the family.

ps- don't know if there was a minimum "buy-in" but I got a little bonus today so I thought I'd pass it along.

mulegemichael - 8-24-2010 at 08:05 PM

sept 20 is my best bet...will pay when i get there...or collect...you look gorgeous, serina

vgabndo - 8-24-2010 at 08:42 PM

Hey Sis, put me down for 9-22 at 9:22 PM I'll deliver the cash.

Perry Sims

Lee - 8-26-2010 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
thanks a billion Lee! I was stressing over the thermometer!!!

No stressing over this stuff, SiRenNiTa. Only good thoughts and soothing sound of waves down there.

bajasammy - 8-26-2010 at 07:04 AM

I've got 09/12 @ 11:00 (sons birthday). Sirenita you look great - good luck with everything!!!

shari - 8-26-2010 at 09:00 AM

hey sammy...is that 11 in the morning or evening?
Here is yesterday's big swell coming into the point out here on the bay side by the boat launch.

shari - 8-26-2010 at 09:40 AM

and for all you doubting tomases....here's proof the water has now warmed up to the 70's this week...and climbing...we dont need no stinking wetsuits anymore!!!

[Edited on 8-26-2010 by shari]

bajafam - 8-27-2010 at 07:16 AM

Were you taking pictures from our front yard again? :)

*sigh* I miss you guys!! And I am soooo bummed because I didn't get in the water once while we were there ~ too cold! And now!!! Apparently perfect!

I am thinking September 9, late afternoon, early evening. Although I'm sure Mrbajafam will have a differing opinion. I'll let him weigh in later. Hang in there Sirena! Soon!

Iflyfish - 8-27-2010 at 02:43 PM

Sept 14, 1am, put my cash on the barrel head when we get there.

Glad you are a bit more comfortable. Can't wait to meet him. Mrsfish will be in heaven! Me, I make funny noises and frump tummies.

Iflyfish

SiReNiTa - 8-27-2010 at 09:30 PM

Well, we just got home from a quick run to Guerrero Negro to have an ultrasound.
After surviving the hellish road (ok ok it's not as bad as it was before but still...) we rolled in to G.N. around 10 a.m. and went straight to the hospital where we had an appointment with the ultrasound technician...well once we got there we found out that he had had a family emergency and had left for Ensenada earlier that morning (weeeell crap!), so after a silent debate on what to do, we decided to try to find another doctor in town that could do the ultrasound, so we investigated and found out that there was a few more, so off we went on our doctor hunt....

After about an hour of driving around and hearing lots of "I'm sorry the doctor is on vacation" we were getting a little anxious, I mean for all that we knew the baby might be making his appearance in the next few days and I wanted to know that everything was alright.

We finally found a small clinic where they did ultrasounds and as it turns out, the doctor who did them is also a gynecologist and a woman! Yaaay! So we made an appointment for later in the day and went off to have lunch and do our shopping and visiting.

When we went back to the clinic we only waited for about 10 minutes and the doctor came in with a very nice smile and led us in to the back room, she took time to explain every little detail and was super nice.
The baby is in perfect position, with his head down and rump up, he is growing perfectly well and according to the doctor he is very healthy (hurraaay!!).

The measurements said he was days away from being a full term baby, so things could get very interesting, VERY soon.

So...that is where things stand right now, we are back home in B.A. but not for long! I'll be shooting out of here just after my next doctors appointment to go stay with relatives in G.N. to be on the safe side.

Not long now!!!!!

Lee - 9-3-2010 at 06:31 AM

SiReNiTa --

Time for a report?

Izaak Robledo Bondy's baby registry @ Target.com
http://www.target.com/registry/baby/3OQODNBEXPKXM

dtbushpilot - 9-3-2010 at 07:24 AM

She's going to have the baby on the 10th Lee, at 4 in the morning......

wessongroup - 9-3-2010 at 07:39 AM

Wish you and the young one the best, and I'm sure all will go smoothly .. you appear radiant in your photo.. funny how women look when in this condition... Just Fine..

Can't imagine your ride... amazed the ride didn't kinda start things a bit early...

SiReNiTa - 9-3-2010 at 12:23 PM

I had hoped the ride would speed things up a little but I guess Izaak is quite comfy in his water bed!!

I have my last doctors appointment here in Asuncion today and I'll be leaving for G.N. in a few days (if the baby doesn't come before then) for my last ultrasound!

Izaak is doing very well, weighing in at 6.05 lbs. aprox. and in a perfect head down position. Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly!!!

BajaNuts - 9-9-2010 at 10:26 PM

UPDATE?!?

hopefully nothing is happening until Thursday... ;D

shari - 9-10-2010 at 08:06 AM

Adrian took Sirenita to GN yesterday for an ultrasound....Izaak is big but still floating so could be awhile yet. She is staying with her auntie and abuelita there to be close to the hospital...my bags are packed!!

dtbushpilot - 9-10-2010 at 08:54 AM

Cr@p, I was sure it would be the 10th, guess we still have a few hours left....

Good luck Sirenita, Izaak, Adrian, mom and dad........dt

mulegemichael - 9-10-2010 at 09:02 AM

hang on for another 10 days, amiga..all is good

bajafam - 9-10-2010 at 09:32 AM

Thinking happy thoughts Sirena!!!
Here's to an easy delivery...sometime in the near future :)
We love you!!!

Iflyfish - 9-10-2010 at 10:45 AM

Only 4 more days! Hold on, that's all I can say, hold on.

Iflyfish

jorgie - 9-10-2010 at 11:24 AM

iflyfish , Nan & D also have the 14th .
" my bags are packed " what's the rest of the song Shari ??
nails now down to second knuckle .............................

SiReNiTa - 9-10-2010 at 07:56 PM

haha!!

I had some pretty nasty braxton hicks last night and I thought it was time but he settled down after dinner and actually let me sleep!!

My grandma say's it should only take a few more days, if that! He's dropping more and more and is not moving as much, which makes me think that he is now getting stuck in the right position and can only move his feet.

Everything is still going smoothly and I'm happy to spend some time with my family here in G.N.!!

We will let you know as soon as we know more!

Love you all!

Sirenita

shari - 9-10-2010 at 08:16 PM

OK, NOW I'm getting nervous for sure...so thanks for participating in the pool amigos but sorry to say gypsies, jorgie, timo,blanca, tiomiguel,bajafam,dtbushpilot are eliminated...juan insists Izaak will be here on Sunday...and he's usually right!

dtbushpilot - 9-10-2010 at 08:18 PM

Quote:
OK, NOW I'm getting nervous for sure...so thanks for participating in the pool amigos but sorry to say gypsies, jorgie, timo,blanca, tiomiguel,bajafam,dtbushpilot are eliminated...juan insists Izaak will be here on Sunday...and he's usually right!

Cr@p, I want back in, is the 17th taken?....dt

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2010 at 08:33 AM

lololol!!

My grandmother insists that it's going to be while she is away, which gives about 5 or 6 days, she says he would have been born sooner but the new moon had some sort of effect on him.

He's growing by the day now, and it's noticeable! I'm getting braxton hicks around 8 or 9 at night so that might be close to the time that I'll go in to real labor (although I hope not because I don't want mamma and Adrian and Juan driving at night!) but who knows!

Last night was another un eventful night, at least we know that Izaak is healthy and growing fast! He is already reaching 3 and a half kilos! I hope he doesn't get too big!
:( :o

shari - 9-11-2010 at 08:39 AM

anything for you DT...but double dipping costs you more:biggrin:
what time on the 17th?

boe4fun - 9-11-2010 at 09:11 AM

I hope Juan's right about when Izaak arrives as I will turn 63 tomorrow!

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2010 at 10:37 AM

Ooh that would be fun! That way we could introduce Izaak to the town fair when we get out of the hospital!!! LOL

I sure hope he decides to appear very very soon!! I'm going for small walks every day to see if that speeds things up a little!
Going to watch my favorite nephew's soccer game today, he's all excited about having another boy to play with!!

bajafam - 9-11-2010 at 10:23 PM

Lady...we are cheering for you here in the Mountains (while we curl up under our blankies....it's getting cold!!!) We miss you and hope that Izaak doesn't give you too much trouble :)

Is there a birth weight poll, too? Mister was 3.7 kilos...hope Izaak is a bit smaller for you!!!

dtbushpilot - 9-12-2010 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
anything for you DT...but double dipping costs you more:biggrin:
what time on the 17th?

10:00 AM. I probably won't be able to come up before the surf fishing tournament so if you could hold onto my winnings till then I'd appreciate it....dt

SiReNiTa - 9-12-2010 at 12:08 PM

well izaak is about 3,5 kilos right now so....i'm hoping he hurries up so he doens't get too big!!

Still no news =S

Iflyfish - 9-12-2010 at 01:12 PM

Hang in there kid!!! Just a couple more days to go!

Iflyfish

jorgie - 9-13-2010 at 03:39 PM

BUMP WHOOPS NO REAL BUMPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee - 9-18-2010 at 07:04 PM

Coming up on my date next week: 9/23.

Getting close.

DENNIS - 9-18-2010 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Coming up on my date next week: 9/23.

Getting close.

Is that your B-Day, Lee? Mine too.