BajaNomad

Eternabond One-Step Miracle RV Roof tape

El Camote - 9-11-2010 at 09:16 AM

Does anyone have experience using this product on an EPDM RV roof? My roof is completely shot on the 15-year old moho and I'm looking for a repair solution short of the expense of completely replacing the entire roof.

wilderone - 9-11-2010 at 09:23 AM

Looks promising - maybe apply a marine caulk or JB Weld along the seams first, and then use the tape as well.

El Camote - 9-11-2010 at 09:27 AM

Except there's no seams on a rubber roof. It's all one sheet. I have patches that are completely worn out and you can see exposed wood. Kinda worry I would be sealing in moisture with this product.

install a t-top

woody with a view - 9-11-2010 at 10:32 AM

for ventilation between the membrane and roof structure.:lol:

ttop.gif - 2kB

Bob and Susan - 9-11-2010 at 11:15 AM

there is some tape stuff at ANY lumber yard

its a roofing tape with real sticky glue

it comes in rolls about 6 inches wide

starts with a "v" i think

every roof store has it

fandango - 9-11-2010 at 11:27 AM

i bought my 6" wide tape at a roofing store. it was just a bit lower in price than buying it online.

i chipped and picked all of the old sealant off, cleaned well with acetone and applied the eternabond tape and reapplied the dicor lap sealant around the vents/skylight and any edge that was not totally sealed.

once you cut the length of tape you need, let the sun warm it up and it will be very pliable.

these 2 sites provide some insight into the job.

http://www.macandchris.com/RubberRoof.htm

http://www.campercommunity.com/forum/rv-camper-discussions/1...

beddows - 9-15-2010 at 04:02 PM

I carry a roll, it works great on a TPO roof. With the low tree hazard in Mexico, I think it is a must.

Hook - 9-16-2010 at 05:09 AM

Eternabond is great stuff.

The only areas I have found it to be lacking is along the front slope of a cabover camper. If you travel in 100+ degree heat at 70mph, it can start to lift slightly. But this area gets the brunt of the wind; on the top, all has remained in place.

Cypress - 9-16-2010 at 05:25 AM

Sounds like some good stuff.