BajaNomad

Searching

Skipjack Joe - 9-14-2010 at 12:56 PM

It would be great if the 'back' button would take you back to your search list.

Currently you can only read one post from a search. Going back to the list does not provide the list you searched for and requires a new search. This is particularly difficult when you're several pages into the list. Actually it makes searches beyond one page tough.

I don't think any of my background jobs are responsible for this behavior.

Woooosh - 9-14-2010 at 01:17 PM

you can open another "tab" in your browser and have BN open in two windows at once- then you can go back and forth between them.

longlegsinlapaz - 9-14-2010 at 03:20 PM

The back button does work to get me back to my original search results....via a "Confirm Window" that pops up saying:

"To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier."

Click on ok & you're back to the original search data.....well at least in Firefox I am. :bounce:

BajaNomad - 9-14-2010 at 08:44 PM

With this (the software), it is what it is. As longlegs points out, some browsers will ask if you want to resubmit the search parameters again when you go back. I do what Whoooosh does, I just open each link I want to look at in a new browser tab or window (right-click the link, then choose your option there).

-
Doug

Skipjack Joe - 9-15-2010 at 05:51 AM

Thank you all for the advice on how to get around the issue.