BajaNomad

El hongo & Rumorosa

tunaeater - 8-5-2004 at 10:16 AM

I made my first and second trip to Rancho Santa veronica in the past 2 weeks. Does anybody know of any other places like this around the same area. Pool, restaurant, camping, motorcycle friendly etc. Thanks Paul

David K - 8-5-2004 at 05:01 PM

Yes, but I personally have not visited these two: I drove past the entrance to RANCHO PONDEROSA (south of Rumerosa on the Laguna Hanson road), which is a guest ranch. Also, a fellow I chat with (in Spanish) from Mexicali, named Julio, owns RANCHO CIMARRON just east of Laguna Hanson. He has invited me to have a Viva Baja party there someday!

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by David K]

La Ponderosa 32-22.3', 115-56.4'

David K - 8-5-2004 at 05:54 PM

Paul, my U2U doesn't work (reached limit), so here are just some details from Kacey's GREAT Motorcycle BAJA GPS GUIDE http://www.bajagpsguide.com

"Rancho La Ponderosa is a camp with more off-road potential than any other site. As a family owned and operated business, Arturo and Jorge have been hosting events and promoting their haven as a motorized paradise for several years. They own nearly 100 acres of intense riding and exploring..."

"The motel consists of three very primitive cement rooms with rickety beds and clean sheets. There is no generator noise so candlelight sets the ambiance on the patio after dark. The next option is camping. The sites are beautiful and there is room for plenty of visitors to find a somewhat secluded spot. Outhouses are shared and showers are lukewarm, if the fire under the outdoor water heater is stoked..."

RESTAURANT

"The rustic kitchen facility is filled with historical artifacts, photos, motor sport paraphernalia, and junk food. When the chef cooks, it is always good and if their mother is there, request the Chilequiles!..."

(the book was written in 2000, FYI)

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by David K]