BajaNomad

Off topic

mcfez - 12-5-2010 at 03:01 PM

How does one get into the off topic ? There a magic password for this?

DENNIS - 12-5-2010 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez

over18....the magic words to hell on earth :lol:

shari - 12-5-2010 at 03:11 PM

I think it's over 18...not that I would ever dare go there...but let us know if there is something we chicken chitts should see!!!:lol::lol:

bajabass - 12-5-2010 at 03:30 PM

That place is the internet version of "The Twilight Zone"!! :O :o

DENNIS - 12-5-2010 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass

It serves a purpose if you understand it. Some of the best writing on the site is seen there. Some of the worst as well.
It's up to you to seperate the wheat from the dirt.

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-5-2010 at 04:23 PM

I love Off Topic!

Santiago - 12-5-2010 at 04:47 PM

"Over18". But don't bother, it's become massively boring. I first started reading and posting in mid 2008 out of interest in the upcoming elections but after a year or so it got to where I could write the responses to various posts myself; and the number of posters and responders continued to dwindle until there were only 10 or so that routinely posted and at least 50% of those were childish name calling. I suspect those that left simply no longer find it interesting and certainly not stimulating.
I check in every-other week to see if Oso told a good Spanish-language joke but no, not anymore. I will say that TW's posts on general interest stuff is dam good and anything by SeniorSenora is worth a look, unsettling as it may be.
YMMV.

Bajahowodd - 12-5-2010 at 04:49 PM

I've often thought that I don't understand why some of the most vociferous off topic posters just don't go to other sites that are more designed to deal with the stuff they like to spew here.

Bajahowodd - 12-5-2010 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
"Over18". But don't bother, it's become massively boring. I first started reading and posting in mid 2008 out of interest in the upcoming elections but after a year or so it got to where I could write the responses to various posts myself; and the number of posters and responders continued to dwindle until there were only 10 or so that routinely posted and at least 50% of those were childish name calling. I suspect those that left simply no longer find it interesting and certainly not stimulating.
I check in every-other week to see if Oso told a good Spanish-language joke but no, not anymore. I will say that TW's posts on general interest stuff is dam good and anything by SeniorSenora is worth a look, unsettling as it may be.
YMMV.

I agree. This is not a paid plug, but Ron's TalkBaja site has an off topic that is for grownups.

sancho - 12-5-2010 at 05:31 PM

OFF TOPIC is an ugly place, at least the one
time months ago I looked, anti environment,
anti science, right wing wackos, truly
misguided old dinosaurs, including some of the
notable posters on this board, I find it
remarkable with their attitudes they actually
make it down the Peninsula, their attacks
on Environmental Conversation efforts, shows how
small minded they are

DENNIS - 12-5-2010 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
I've often thought that I don't understand why some of the most vociferous off topic posters just don't go to other sites that are more designed to deal with the stuff they like to spew here.

Well...the "back of the bus" implies an end to being shoved aside. You can't just keep sending discomfort to other neighborhoods.

As for both boards....if you don't like the topic or the poster, don't read it. It's a matter of self control...not unreasonable assault.

DENNIS - 12-5-2010 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
OFF TOPIC is an ugly place, at least the one
time months ago I looked, anti environment,
anti science, right wing wackos, truly
misguided old dinosaurs, including some of the
notable posters on this board, I find it
remarkable with their attitudes they actually
make it down the Peninsula, their attacks
on Environmental Conversation efforts, shows how
small minded they are

Isn't it nice that you can voice your opinion? I think it's nice.
I also think it's nice that they can voice theirs as well.
Doncha think that's nice?

[Edited on 12-6-2010 by DENNIS]

BajaNomad - 12-5-2010 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez

Read the forum description on the main page.

;D

Barbareno - 12-5-2010 at 06:58 PM

One can loose a lot of respect for others in there. Try it, by all means.

MsTerieus - 12-5-2010 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass

It serves a purpose if you understand it. Some of the best writing on the site is seen there. Some of the worst as well.
It's up to you to seperate the wheat from the dirt.

It's easy to separate wheat from dirt. Not so easy to separate wheat from chaff. :lol:

Re your post to about me on another (apparently, closed?) thread: SLOBBERING?! SLOBBERING?! Sheesh, I would not want you on my Scrabble team!

MsTerieus - 12-5-2010 at 10:26 PM

In follow-up to my last post here, and my apologies to all for hijacking the thread for a moment: I owe Dennis an apology. While I adhere to the message in my prior post (above - re "slobbering" and not wanting him as a Scrabble partner), having researched the "propensity" "proclivity" dichotomy, I find that they are not necessarily mutually exclusive, such that Dennis' usage of "propensity" was not something I should have attempted to correct. Sorry, Dennis.

Martyman - 12-6-2010 at 09:28 AM

I've tried to get on but my password didn't get me there. The original question has not been answered.

DENNIS - 12-6-2010 at 09:33 AM

Quote:

over18....the magic words to hell on earth :lol:

Here it is again, Marty........... over18........That is the password.

DENNIS - 12-6-2010 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MsTerieus
Sorry, Dennis.

It was no big deal. Thanks.

bajaguy - 12-6-2010 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, Dennis.

It was no big deal. Thanks.

Glad to see you two are getting along since you are going to be neighbors!!!! :lol:

DENNIS - 12-6-2010 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Glad to see you two are getting along since you are going to be neighbors!!!! :lol:

Hope she enjoys my new electric fence. :lol:

MsTerieus - 12-6-2010 at 11:01 AM

Electric fence?! Oh NO! How am going to break my way into your house so that I can be near you, you irresistible hunk of man? :o:lol::lol::lol:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

Hope she enjoys my new electric fence. :lol:

wessongroup - 12-6-2010 at 11:03 AM

I'm now waiting for that all important distance measurements to the men's head and now women' facilities at Sharkey's :lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-6-2010 by wessongroup]

MsTerieus - 12-6-2010 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
I'm now waiting for that all important distance measurements to the men's head and now women' facilities at Sharkey's :lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-6-2010 by wessongroup]

I don't need to find him at Sharkeys. I know where he lives -- in fact, we met there. :spingrin:

[Edited on 12-6-2010 by MsTerieus]

DENNIS - 12-6-2010 at 11:09 AM

I'm about done with Sharkey's. They've again raised their prices. A glass of wine is now 4 dollars.
Now...a glass of wine can easily be worth 4 dollars, but the quality of the stuff and the ambience of the place have to support that price.
Sharkey's fails on both points.
I don need no steenkin Sharkey's.

DENNIS - 12-6-2010 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
I don't need to find him at Sharkeys. I know where he lives -- in fact, we met there. :spingrin:

I knew that at the moment it happened. Terry is nothing if not predictable. :light:

BajaNomad - 12-6-2010 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
The original question has not been answered.
While the answer has again been specifically answered for you in this thread, I also noted earlier where to find it 24/7/365:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=49477#pid5726...

:biggrin:

MsTerieus - 12-6-2010 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNISI knew that at the moment it happened. Terry is nothing if not predictable. :light:

Oh, bummer! :lol::lol::lol:

durrelllrobert - 12-6-2010 at 11:14 AM

Quote:

Isn't it nice that you can voice your opinion? I think it's nice.
I also think it's nice that they can voice theirs as well.
Doncha think that's nice?

maybe Vince sould add an OT area to the PBBB for us:?:

durrelllrobert - 12-6-2010 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
In follow-up to my last post here, and my apologies to all for hijacking the thread for a moment: I owe Dennis an apology. While I adhere to the message in my prior post (above - re "slobbering" and not wanting him as a Scrabble partner), having researched the "propensity" "proclivity" dichotomy, I find that they are not necessarily mutually exclusive, such that Dennis' usage of "propensity" was not something I should have attempted to correct. Sorry, Dennis.

a new word to use in court :?::?:

DENNIS - 12-6-2010 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNISI knew that at the moment it happened. Terry is nothing if not predictable. :light:

You see, it works like this...........Terry has a proclivity [:biggrin:] to take conversations to U2U. You were posting at the time and had mentioned you were soon to be taking a trip to Punta Banda.
Terry steps in and invites you to join him in U2U, which you did.
Shortly thereafter, the two of you pull up in front of my house and, without getting out of your car, we were introduced.
Your reaction to verify a visual image was over and above a normal response to a simple introduction, of his "cousin" no less, and It occured to me immediatly that his cousin was the MsT of Nomad fame.
Had you been wearing one of those rubber Richard Nixon masks, I still would have known.

DENNIS - 12-6-2010 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
maybe Vince sould add an OT area to the PBBB for us:?:

Oh...they have one and I'm usually in it. :lol:

bajaguy - 12-6-2010 at 11:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You see, it works like this...........Terry has a proclivity [:biggrin:] to take conversations to U2U. You were posting at the time and had mentioned you were soon to be taking a trip to Punta Banda.
Terry steps in and invites you to join him in U2U, which you did.
Shortly thereafter, the two of you pull up in front of my house and, without getting out of your car, we were introduced.
Your reaction to verify a visual image was over and above a normal response to a simple introduction, of his "cousin" no less, and It occured to me immediatly that his cousin was the MsT of Nomad fame.
Had you been wearing one of those rubber Richard Nixon masks, I still would have known.

A devout student of Mr Sherlock Holmes :lol: