BajaNomad

Ensenada

bbbait - 8-9-2004 at 09:09 PM

I was cruising thru here looking for some new spots to eat. Going to be staying at the Calafia, and it's good there. But will be there for a couple of days and looking for some new ideas. Been to Puerto Nuevo, looking for something around Ensenada proper. Thanks, Wayno

Chile Cookoff @ La Buefadora

bbbait - 8-9-2004 at 09:24 PM

I forgot to mention that. Some of us will be attending and it ought to be good. Chile/i and salsa cookoff, should be fun......

elgatoloco - 8-9-2004 at 09:35 PM

1)Punta Morro

2)Manzanita

3)El Taco de Huitzilopochtli

4)c-ckteleria Mazatlan

1) The key is to be seated early enough for sunset.
2) This place does things that you won't find in other restaurants
3)The 'taco' taken to new highs
4)Tasty seafood,cold beers,friendly people,local feel

Have Fun!

Baja Bernie - 8-10-2004 at 09:22 AM

Punta Morro AND GRAB THE CORNER TABLE OUT OVER THE OCEAN--AT SUNSET OR ANY OTHER TIME.
The green mussels are out of this world.

Where is Punta Morro

Jojo - 8-10-2004 at 06:25 PM

Where is punta morro, I am taking my parents with the whole family to Ensenada for a few days and want some great food. It is my parents 40 th aniversary, any suggestions. We will be staying at the Coral Marina and going to one of the wine festival events.

any suggestions would be appreciated.
Joel

www.punta-morro.com

jrbaja - 8-10-2004 at 07:03 PM

10 minutes north of Ensenada.

where are these located

Jojo - 8-10-2004 at 11:50 PM

2)Manzanita

3)El Taco de Huitzilopochtli

4)c-ckteleria Mazatlan \

Where are these?

David K - 8-11-2004 at 01:23 AM

For #3, you need a GPS! In the far north-east corner of Ensenada, as far from the tourist district as you can get (authentic food from Central Mexico you will usually never see in any typical place):

N31?53.10' W116?36.28' (map datum set to NAD27 Mexico)

Bob H - 8-11-2004 at 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jojo
c-ckteleria Mazatlan

Where are these?

to get to this place, when heading south into Ensenada (from El Sauzal) take the split of the road "left" - this will take you straight down 10th avenue. You will pass one Pemex on your left and then pass another Pemex on your right. Then you will come up to a car wash on your right. This restaurant is right next door (across from the bus station. It is a large square building with a palapa roof. Enjoy!
Oh, please try the Almejas al Carbon!
Also, they have great fresh shrimp c-cktails here and pescado frito! Bucket (Cubeta) of 6 cervezas on ice for the price of 5.
Bob H

[Edited on 8-11-2004 by Bob H]

elgatoloco - 8-11-2004 at 09:02 AM

2) Manzanita

Avenida Riveroll #122

1/2 block east of Avenida Lopez Mateos

3) El Taco de H

Calle Pirules Y De La Rosas #242

Found another fantastic carnitas place!

Bob H - 8-11-2004 at 11:13 AM

Rincon Tapatio
Av. Pedro Loyola 366
Frac. Playa Hemosa
Tel 173 55 99

In addition to the traditional Carnitas plate (witch is also outstanding) they make Chamorro en Adobo!
That is a roasted pork hock in adobo sauce (roasted wrapped in tin foil for three hours on low heat) - the meat just falls off the bone and the adobo sauce is simply unbelievable - served with a pile of onions on top along with frijoles, nopales y guacamole. You will not believe how good this is - 60-pesos and well worth it.

They also have Birria de Borrego.

You can order a "Super Burrito" de asada, carnitas o guisados for 35-pesos and you will not believe the size of this burrito. Enough for two people.

This place is spotless!
Bob H

Oh, and they have ice cold cerveza.:yes:

taco - 8-11-2004 at 11:53 AM

Everyone has listed some great restaurants in Ensenada. At the same time, because your on vacation and not in a hurry you might consider stopping off at La Fonda's and enjoy their outdoor patio overlooking the beach for a few cold ones before heading another 30 minutes south to Ensenada.

But keep an eye

jrbaja - 8-11-2004 at 01:17 PM

on your wallet and car.:lol::lol::lol::lol: