BajaNomad

Rosarito Beach/Tijuana

Anonymous - 8-12-2004 at 06:47 PM

I'm considering a trip to Tijuana/Rosarito Beach/ San Diego. The plan is to rent a house in Rosarito Beach(the cheapest option). I have two concerns: the safety of the water/food, the overall cleanliness safety of the area. I'm college student looking to party and relax on a budget. How would you compare RB and TJ to other inexpensive destinations like DR.
Thank you,:cool:
please reply to madmax972000@yahoo.com

Don't mean to be rude.....

Debra - 8-12-2004 at 07:38 PM

but, I think your best option would be to stay home.

elgatoloco - 8-12-2004 at 07:52 PM

Debra

you succeeded.:?:

JESSE - 8-12-2004 at 07:54 PM

Tijuana is definately not a tourist destination, that leaves Rosarito beach for you and it seems this is your first trip down here, nobody drinks tap water around here so drinking water its not an issue, you can safely wash food with tap water because it has a very high level of chlorine, if your stomach is used to first world standards forget about eating in any stands or most restaurants, and that by itself takes a lot of the fun out of your vacation.

The area is like most areas of Mexico as far as cleanliness, it all depends on where in town you are, almost all Mexican cities have beautiful clean areas, and 2 minutes away you can find yourself in a dump, so if your expecting a clean city your not going to find it, only clean areas.

Also, forget about what you have heard about getting away with everything in Mexico, its just not true, if your drunk in public, doing drugs outside of your home, or relieveing yourself in public your off to jail, a Mexican jail.