BajaNomad

El Hotelito in Punta Chivato

PCbaja - 1-14-2011 at 01:22 PM

I stayed at the new El Hotelito last week and the rooms were brand new and modern with a/c and television. Wifi was available and the pool should be ready next month. The rate was 49.00 usd and it came with a free breakfast at the Los Chibatos restaurant located in front of the hotel. Ken Wright is the manager, real nice guy and is the former manager of the La Cuesta Real in Mulege.

David K - 1-14-2011 at 03:00 PM

Where is this new place in relation to the original Punta Chivato hotel?

BajaBlanca - 1-14-2011 at 03:56 PM

well, I certainly am no expert but we went to Chivato not too long ago - it is located about 10 minutes BEFORE the P Chivato Hotel and it is inland. Not along the coast.

tripledigitken - 1-14-2011 at 04:14 PM

DK,

It is just north of the runway (inland side), adjacent to the "Lynx Golf Course". It is directly behind the Los Chibatos Restaurant.

Ken

capt. mike - 1-16-2011 at 08:58 AM

wish it was closer to the beach then the Flying Sams would consider using it time to time, we all miss the old Bill Alvarado hotel Punta Chivato.
Serenidad is fun and all but no beach adjacent that is worth a poop.

DianaT - 1-16-2011 at 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PCbaja
I stayed at the new El Hotelito last week and the rooms were brand new and modern with a/c and television. Wifi was available and the pool should be ready next month. The rate was 49.00 usd and it came with a free breakfast at the Los Chibatos restaurant located in front of the hotel. Ken Wright is the manager, real nice guy and is the former manager of the La Cuesta Real in Mulege.

Sounds good---thanks for the information.

However, does anyone know if it is dog friendly?

Thanks

PCbaja - 1-16-2011 at 12:35 PM

Yes, it is dog friendly too.

El Hotelito Punta Chivato

R2LUJAN - 3-4-2011 at 09:06 PM

El hotelito punta chivato & Restaurat Bar Los Chibatos

Rooms starting at $ 49.00 dlls includes tax/iva.
A/C,WiFi, Pool,Parking and we accept pets.

www.elhotelitopuntachivato.com

room doble.jpg - 8kB

El Hotelito Punta Chivato

R2LUJAN - 3-4-2011 at 09:12 PM

www.elhotelitopuntachivato.com

Baņo.jpg - 5kB

capt. mike - 3-5-2011 at 08:00 AM

Ken or Lujan - if i land how do i get a ride?
you guys have an air band radio?
you ought to get one they are cheap and you can monitor 122.8
i can't taxi over to you - or, well i could if you guys graded a route.
make it user friendly to pilots and you'll get fly in biz.
i'll post on BBP/BPI for you since you can't but it costs you some drinks when i get there. hahaha

tripledigitken - 3-5-2011 at 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Ken or Lujan - if i land how do i get a ride?
you guys have an air band radio?
you ought to get one they are cheap and you can monitor 122.8
i can't taxi over to you - or, well i could if you guys graded a route.
make it user friendly to pilots and you'll get fly in biz.
i'll post on BBP/BPI for you since you can't but it costs you some drinks when i get there. hahaha

Mike,

I'll be there next week to check out and will get back with pics and info.

Ken

(check your email)

[Edited on 3-5-2011 by tripledigitken]

capt. mike - 3-5-2011 at 08:13 AM

thx Ken i got your google image you just sent over so now i see where it all is.
hacienda is the better ticket and i can see there is not a way to taxi to the other one.

have fun and send me a boatload of pics!

i'll be able to go there this fall but not before sadly.

R2LUJAN - 3-5-2011 at 08:34 AM

Good Job Sr. Ken,

thank you for the map, we just got a Radio will set it up, yes we can pick you guys up, no problem.

Russ - 3-7-2011 at 01:39 PM

Our hailing channel here is now 73 on the VHF. If for some reason there isn't an answer on 122.8 I come over an help. soulpatch, If you want a tour in my SxS give me a call from the restaurant.

Russ - 3-7-2011 at 02:47 PM

Yes. Polaris Ranger. Look forward to meeting you too.
Bobby, You might want to hit up the golfers for some used clubs for your guests. Out the door and on the course.

Estero

bajaguy - 3-7-2011 at 06:29 PM

Patch.....when will you be in Estero???

R2LUJAN - 3-7-2011 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Yes. Polaris Ranger. Look forward to meeting you too.
Bobby, You might want to hit up the golfers for some used clubs for your guests. Out the door and on the course.

WE have some used clubs, no problem, Gracias Russ...

Hotelito Chivato

R2LUJAN - 3-7-2011 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Booked for two nights for my family June 15-16 on our return from La Paz...
We have never been two Punta Chivato so we are very excited about this stay.

Its are plesure to have you and your family...Seņor.
See you here in chivato.

gallesram - 3-9-2011 at 12:31 PM

Sr. Lujan, we usually take our boat over to P Chivato for the day from Mulege and it would be great to eat at your restaurant. We don't have a radio, however and it looks like a long walk from the beach. Is there any other way to contact you once we arrive to get a ride over to the restaurant? Looks like a great place that we'd like to check out when we are down next month.

Arturo - 3-9-2011 at 12:53 PM

It looks much farther in the photo, I would guess that the walk from the P.C fishing dock to Los Chibatos is no more then a 7minute walk, probably less depending on the pace.

gallesram - 3-9-2011 at 03:17 PM

I can handle that! Thanks Arturo; then we'll just walk over next time we're luck enough to find ourselves over there.

R2LUJAN - 3-9-2011 at 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gallesram
Sr. Lujan, we usually take our boat over to P Chivato for the day from Mulege and it would be great to eat at your restaurant. We don't have a radio, however and it looks like a long walk from the beach. Is there any other way to contact you once we arrive to get a ride over to the restaurant? Looks like a great place that we'd like to check out when we are down next month.

If You get a radio we are on ch. 16 & 73 call (chivato).
or call us cell: 615 101 0445 Los chivatos.
Manager Ken 615 104 5722

will pick you up at the boat ramp...

Frank - 3-12-2011 at 09:46 PM

Please check your U2U messages