BajaNomad

Found: Water Camera

bajaandy - 8-16-2004 at 08:36 AM

Back in Dec. '03 I was doing a Seven Sisters run. We camped at Blanca and on the first morning I took my digital camera out to catch a few early morning shots, but the battery was dead. I was bummed! So I take off to do a little beach combing, and I spy a little green and white thing half burried in the sand. It's a water camera, one of those disposable kind with the little rubber band strap, only the strap is broken. And only six shots have been exposed. So I break out the highly scratched lens cover and use it for dry land shots for the rest of my trip. Get home and develop the prints... guess what? Some poor soul lost a few nice water shots of his buddy getting some nice waves somewhere near Punta Blanca. There was a shot of their camp in the mix: White Ford van, looks like a 2X, canvas tent, 2 or 3 short boards... one with yellow and black striped fins (can't make out the logo). Anyway, if anybody knows these guys, I'd be happy to return their prints and negatives and thank them for the use of their camera.