BajaNomad

TEPIC AND GUAYABITOS - MAINLAND TRIP

BajaBlanca - 2-1-2011 at 10:37 PM

TEPIC AND GUAYABITOS

El Jefe - 2-2-2011 at 07:49 AM

Thanks for the great pics Blanca! We are planning a trip to the other coast to see friends in Puerto Vallarta. You are giving us inspiration.

toneart - 2-2-2011 at 11:06 AM

Thanks for posting the photos, Blanca. I'm glad you finally made it after all the initial hassle. Are you going to my old home, San Miguel de Allende?

Marc - 2-2-2011 at 09:06 PM

Keep em coming!

BajaBlanca - 2-11-2011 at 04:42 PM

u can count on it !!!!

DENNIS - 2-11-2011 at 05:13 PM

Spent a night on the bus station floor in Tepic around 45 years ago. I'll bet the city hasn't changed much since then.
Next morning, I took a bus to PV. It took alllll day with chickens and pigs running around the floor like kids. The road to PV then was dirt.

BajaBlanca - 2-11-2011 at 07:53 PM

now i cant even imagine what tepic or vallarta looked like then !!!! altho' i think you are right in that really, tepic probably hasnt changed at all...but vallarta sure has ....

DENNIS - 2-11-2011 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
now i cant even imagine what tepic or vallarta looked like then !!!! altho' i think you are right in that really, tepic probably hasnt changed at all...but vallarta sure has ....

That's not all that changed. We camped one night at Punta de Mita...called Punta Mita then. The ONLY thing there was a broken-down Palapa. Nothing else.

Here is one of many sites today:

http://www.puntademita.org/

BajaBlanca - 2-11-2011 at 09:10 PM

they sure fixed the palapa up real nice for you !