BajaNomad

TEOTIHUACAN

BajaBlanca - 2-26-2011 at 07:46 PM

pyramids of the sun and the moon and the plumed or feathered serpeant were the highlights today ... it was a looooooooooong walk, and it was hot, but it was definitely worth every bead of sweat. The heights of the pyramids are daunting. the art they produced is nothing short of spectacular. the death sacrifices seemingly too many .....

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Are we allowed to rest tomorrow ?????????????? so much to see, probably NOT .....

Hope you enjoy the rest of the pics:

photos of the pyramids at Teotihuacan

[Edited on 2-27-2011 by BajaBlanca]

karmatourer - 2-27-2011 at 01:11 AM

Did you climb them all?

woody with a view - 2-27-2011 at 07:48 AM

only one foto pops up of vendors.

you may rest now!

Lauriboats - 2-27-2011 at 08:10 AM

Amazing

Marc - 2-28-2011 at 08:47 PM

Like yesterday. I was there 60 years ago with my parents.

woody with a view - 3-1-2011 at 06:35 AM

the nutty thing is the aztecs found the place deserted, when they were just a band of roaming savages looking for an identity.....

does anyone know if it has been determined who actually built teotihuacan?

BajaBlanca - 3-1-2011 at 07:14 PM

the weird part is that they are not sure why it was abandoned either ....

legend has it that the aztcs built it in that particular spot because one of their leaders had a dream about an eagle eating a snake and he saw this where teotihuacan now lies.

woody with a view - 3-1-2011 at 07:25 PM

i've been wrong before. not often, but a few times....

the way i remember it was they forund the eagle eating the snake on the mushy lake and started filling it in to build their empire.

teotihuacan was found intact. modern scientists have found burn layers ibn the dirt about 500 years previous to the aztec period.......

wikipedia anyone?

BajaBlanca - 3-2-2011 at 02:25 PM

I heard there are 22 layers under the first one .... the oldest remains found are 2500 BC but I don't remember where these were ...