BajaNomad

dt and Ged's excellent baja adventure ride..day 2

dtbushpilot - 3-19-2011 at 09:03 AM

Day 2: Bike maintenance, tour Mulege and Bahia Conception. 65 miles.

Ged and I were both a bit tired after our first days ride so we decided to take it easy on day 2, do a little maintenance and lick our wounds....our own, not each others.

We met up with the rest of the group at the Hacienda, visited a bit while they packed and bid them farewell on their journey South. Ged and I headed up to a restaurant on the highway for breakfast, got gas and continued on South along the beautiful Bahia Conception coast. I didn't take any pictures this day and I'm sure all of you have seen more pictures of this area than you can count so I'm going to post a picture from yesterday that's kinda cool:

We stopped to visit Pompano but he wasn't home. We stopped for a visit with Marc and Olivia at Playa Buenaventura and had a beverage. We rode back to Mulege, did some maintenance on the bikes and our gear, rode around town a bit and had dinner at Equipelis and went home.

Having a day to ourselves just to goof off gave us an opportunity to relax, recharge and get to know each other a bit better......

To be continued....

[Edited on 3-19-2011 by dtbushpilot]

David K - 3-19-2011 at 09:26 AM

Dave, where is that adobe located? Thanks!

dtbushpilot - 3-19-2011 at 10:14 AM

DK, if memory serves me correctly it was between El Datil and San Matias. I spent most of the first day's ride lost and just following the guy in front of me. I probably couldn't find it again by myself......that's my story and I'm sticking to it.....dt