BajaNomad

settled and finished

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 11:13 AM

That's right Fishabductor got turned into immigration, by a Nomad. Not to worry though I am fully (100%) legit, pay all taxes, IVA, have RFC's the whole works. The immigration officer threw out the case in about 10 minutes.

What was interesting in the whole deal was that somehow the Nomad was able to get the immigration officer to trick my brother in law into signing a document made out by said Nomad, that states that I hire no mexicans (I have 4 on the record), pay no mexican taxes(I have all the records proving otherwise), that I do all the work myself(on my residence)..etc. The fact that my brother in law signed a document to that effect infuriated me, so on my return to my home, where my brother-in-law works as the caretaker on the property where I reside/manage. I asked him flat out why the hell would he make a statement to that effect against me. You should have seen the look on his face, upon finding out he had been dupped. The next morning bro-in-law went to immigration, found the agent and chewed his ass, denied the document, where upon the agent told my bro-in-law the document was made by said nomad.

I am a 38 year old with a mexican wife and a 1y/o mexican son who is the sole bread earner. When I returned home from a fishing trip, I found her bawling in the house worried that I was going to get deported/thrown in jail.

I pay for all my wife's and sons expenses, and this greedy gringo up who owns a subdivision on the eastcape, is trying to get me deported, as well as take away the means for which I support my family.

In the past 2 months, I have been turned into Profepa, Semanac, Immigration and the subdelgado. The military also showed up at my house and searched for drugs for 1hr using a electric sniffer and 40 armed soldiers, is this just a coincidence or did I get turned into the military too...I now have to ask myself.

If you want to understand why fishabductor is a little angry and frustrated in baja it stems from my experiences living next to these people, and the fact that I got robbed last yr of virtually everything.

So how would you all handle this, I am not sure I really want to broadcast his name over the internet as this guy plays dirty as is obvious by the route he has taken, while acting like he was "Playing Nice". He even gave my son an Xmas present after he reported me to immigration...which we returned upon finding out he turned us in.

Who else has had similar experiences?

[Edited on 3-24-2011 by fishabductor]

comitan - 3-22-2011 at 11:18 AM

Welcome to Gringolandia Mexico, it happens and it costs if you are not legal.

mtgoat666 - 3-22-2011 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishabductor
That's right Fishabductor got turned into immigration, by a Nomad. Not to worry though I am fully (100%) legit, pay all taxes, IVA, have RFC's the whole works. The immigration officer threw out the case in about 10 minutes.

What was interesting in the whole deal was that somehow the Nomad was able to get the immigration officer to trick my brother in law into signing a document made out by said Nomad, that states that I hire no mexicans (I have 4 on the record), pay no mexican taxes(I have all the records proving otherwise), that I do all the work myself(on my residence)..etc. The fact that my brother in law signed a document to that effect infuriated me, so on my return to my home, where my brother-in-law works as the caretaker on the property where I reside/manage. I asked him flat out why the hell would he make a statement to that effect against me. You should have seen the look on his face, upon finding out he had been dupped. The next morning bro-in-law went to immigration, found the agent and chewed his burro, denied the document, where upon the agent told my bro-in-law the document was made by said nomad.

I am a 38 year old with a mexican wife and a 1y/o mexican son who is the sole bread earner. When I returned home from a fishing trip, I found her bawling in the house worried that I was going to get deported/thrown in jail.

I pay for all my wife's and sons expenses, and this greedy gringo up who owns a subdivision on the eastcape, is trying to get me deported, as well as take away the means for which I support my family.

In the past 2 months, I have been turned into Profepa, Semanac, Immigration and the subdelgado. The military also showed up at my house and searched for drugs for 1hr using a electric sniffer and 40 armed soldiers, is this just a coincidence or did I get turned into the military too...I now have to ask myself.

If you want to understand why fishabductor is a little angry and frustrated in baja it stems from my experiences living next to these people, and the fact that I got robbed last yr of virtually everything.

So how would you all handle this, I am not sure I really want to broadcast his name over the internet as this guy plays dirty as is obvious by the route he has taken, while acting like he was "Playing Nice". He even gave my son an Xmas present after he reported me to immigration...which we returned upon finding out he turned us in.

sounds like a certain nomad needs to be tarred and feathered. do not remain silent in the face of bullying. shout his/her name for all the world to hear.

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

What was interesting in the whole deal was that somehow the Nomad was able to get the immigration officer to trick my brother in law into signing a document made out by said Nomad, that states that I hire no mexicans (I have 4 on the record), pay no mexican taxes(I have all the records proving otherwise), that I do all the work myself(on my residence)..etc. The fact that my brother in law signed a document to that effect infuriated me, so on my return to my home, where my brother-in-law works as the caretaker on the property where I reside/manage. I asked him flat out why the hell would he make a statement to that effect against me. You should have seen the look on his face, upon finding out he had been dupped. The next morning bro-in-law went to immigration, found the agent and chewed his burro, denied the document, where upon the agent told my bro-in-law the document was made by said nomad.

sounds like a certain nomad needs to be tarred and feathered. do not remain silent in the face of bullying. shout his/her name for all the world to hear.

I want to see where this goes as far as what majority thinks I should do. It is a bully issue for sure, however the bully has more connections than me and has Mexican status.

[Edited on 3-23-2011 by fishabductor]

Eugenio - 3-22-2011 at 11:24 AM

Sounds like (another) reason to protect your anonymity - especially on this board.

mtgoat666 - 3-22-2011 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
etc

You wouldn't be the first, to have those sort of thoughts, many out here on the eastcape have been screwed by this guy including my family who he built a faulty house for and turned his back on.

I want to see where this goes as far as what majority thinks I should do. It is a bully issue for sure, however the bully has more connections than me and has Mexican status.

i think you can hire a hit pretty cheap in mexico. a tweaker would probably do it for $100.

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
etc

You wouldn't be the first, to have those sort of thoughts, many out here on the eastcape have been screwed by this guy including my family who he built a faulty house for and turned his back on.

i think you can hire a hit pretty cheap in mexico. a tweaker would probably do it for $100.

Exactly the reason I am holding out on his name for now, I don't want to get "wacked". My family needs me.

Eugenio - 3-22-2011 at 11:35 AM

(actually I was thinking of YOU when I mentioned the anonymity thing - I already had an "experience" from a nomad years ago - but not quite like yours )

Sounds like your dealing with it well.

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by Eugenio]

drarroyo - 3-22-2011 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Eugenio
Sounds like (another) reason to protect your anonymity - especially on this board.

He goes by his real name on this board!

Do you know if this is his normal M.O. (?) wink wink

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
(actually I was thinking of YOU when I mentioned the anonymity thing - I already had an "experience" from a nomad years ago - but not quite like yours )

Sounds like your dealing with it well.

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by Eugenio]

The issue doesn't have anything to do with this board.

I am dealing with it well, as it happened about a month and a half ago. I took off to the states and thought about it the whole time and how to approach it. I finally decided to ask the nomads for advice on this, and to go public.

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drarroyo
Quote:
Quote:

He goes by his real name on this board!

Do you know if this is his normal M.O. (?) wink wink

I haven't heard of him turning anyone else out here, but that doesn't it mean it hasn't happened.

Debra - 3-22-2011 at 11:49 AM

I say out the guy, that is horrible! The rest of us would like to know who to watch our back from. But you are right, you have to protect your family. What a jerk! :barf: Maybe a U2?

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by Debra]

mcfez - 3-22-2011 at 11:55 AM

......"this greedy gringo up who owns a subdivision on the eastcape

So you owe him money or did something negative? He sure is going thru a lot of trouble getting at you....must be something there. What's the whole story?

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
......"this greedy gringo up who owns a subdivision on the eastcape

So you owe him money or did something negative? He sure is going thru a lot of trouble getting at you....must be something there. What's the whole story?

Full story.... is long.

The recent development was that I manage/live on 70 acres that is in on the beach in front of his development. On this property, there is an arroyo that has been used as access to the beach for many...

long story short we have had a lot of robberies/burgleries out here and as such the owner of the land decided to install rocks in the arroyo to block car access, but allow atv's and foot traffic. Our legal representive told me it was all right to place rocks in the arroyo do to limit traffic, I did and within 30min I heard from the guy, and he warned me that i would get in trouble for what I did. I immediately pulled the rocks are reopened access.

a month later we had "squatters" come and take the land immediately to the north of us, which is none of our concern as it is not our land, the problem was they decided to punch access across my clients property. They responded by fencing the property on the north side and they were supposed to only go to the edge of the arroyo, and not across it. Long story short the hefe broke his thumb the day before and the following day they sent out the fencing crew minus a hefe, and they fenced across the arroyo. The subdelgado was notified and he told the workers to take teh fence down they did immediately, but it was after a buddy ran into it with a quad, not causing any injury, except to the fence.

I told my client that I wanted no part of the fencing as I was sure it was going to cause problems with the squatters, who are unknowns. So the legal rep. hired a fencing crew to install the fence. I didn't even know the arroyo had been fenced until the following day, when I found out my buddy ran into it.

The turning into immigration stemmed from this, something I took no part of. I have no issues on him turning me into immigration for the fencing if he believed I did it. The issue I have is the document that the agent had my bro-in-law sign.

Russ - 3-22-2011 at 12:28 PM

Any advice you receive here probably wouldn't help a whole lot since he's a Nomad and will probably read this all with a huge smile knowing how miserable he's made you. These type of people are never satisfied and you can expect more of the same from him. Be careful of the slander thing because that is serious. I suggest that all serious ideas for helping fishabductor be sent by U2U.

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 12:34 PM

I guess what I am looking for is some ideas of how to stop the harrassment. I also want everyone to understand why I have been so aggitated on nomads.

I also want my side of teh story publically known, i know everyone who lives on the eastcape dirtroad, have probably already heard of this and know who both parties involved are.

I don't want to play dirty, but I do want to stop being harrassed so I can get back to loving and living baja with my family. As it is now I am parenoid of who is going to come next. I am sure that I am the most legal guy on the eastcape, because of this. I claim 100% of what I make and make sure all I are dotted, T's crossed.

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Be careful of the slander thing because that is serious.

This is the reason that I am withholding his name and will continue to.

I am just looking for some support and ideas as to how best stop the harrassment.

Woooosh - 3-22-2011 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Any advice you receive here probably wouldn't help a whole lot since he's a Nomad and will probably read this all with a huge smile knowing how miserable he's made you. These type of people are never satisfied and you can expect more of the same from him. Be careful of the slander thing because that is serious. I suggest that all serious ideas for helping fishabductor be sent by U2U.

Def true. But FishAbductor knew that going into this thread. It seems most times people get this ticked off, it is over land issues. If the Mex gov't would just get it's act together regarding beach rights- none of this would get this far. When people know the law won't be enforced- nothing good happens and it bring out the worst of the worst in people.

DENNIS - 3-22-2011 at 12:53 PM

Quote:
that I do all the work myself(on my residence)..

Nothing wrong with that.

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
that I do all the work myself(on my residence)..

Nothing wrong with that.

The immigration agent had no issues with it either.

mcfez - 3-22-2011 at 01:27 PM

There are times (many) that I have issues.

Two things I will do.....and it works often.

One: Lay low and let it blow over.

Two: send in a third party to talk to this guy about the issue. Popular town person, church member...somebody on the outside. Be prepare to give a little for compromise. You be surprised.

comitan - 3-22-2011 at 01:28 PM

Just sweep it under the carpet and go on with your life the world is full of THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

mulegemichael - 3-22-2011 at 01:28 PM

boy, i sure wish i knew who he was but i know you can't say anything...i lived down there for many years and never really had any problems with anyone...how about hints without actually using his name?

DENNIS - 3-22-2011 at 01:33 PM

Being legal and doing everything right is the best revenge. The other best revenge is illegal to own in Mexico. :biggrin:

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Hardly anything out there

not him...I don't anyone being wrongly accused here, such as I was.

dtbushpilot - 3-22-2011 at 01:37 PM

Just ignore it and be happy, happiness and success is the best revenge. If you have all your ducks in a row you have nothing to worry about besides, it must suck to be him.....dt

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Just ignore it and be happy, happiness and success is the best revenge. If you have all your ducks in a row you have nothing to worry about besides, it must suck to be him.....dt

That is what I have been doing for the most part this is the first that I said of it outside close friends and family.

However, getting this off my chest and reading all the support I am getting from the nomads here and on u2u it sure helps to put this behind me. I don't want problems.
I just want to raise my family, make a decent living, be healthy and be left alone...and last but not least fish!

Thanks nomads for your support. I didn't sleep last night as I thought about whether or not to post this all night, as well as the last month and a half.

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by fishabductor]

Jim/Liisa - 3-22-2011 at 03:23 PM

I know of an american that was turned in for building kitchen cabinets. the owner of the house had offered the campo owner 15% of the cost and the campo owner ageed. The american was reported the excuse used by the campo owner was that He wanted to hire his own cabinet maker, wich I'm sure woul have been him.

Dave - 3-22-2011 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim/Liisa
I know of an american that was turned in for building kitchen cabinets. the owner of the house had offered the campo owner 15% of the cost and the campo owner ageed. The american was reported the excuse used by the campo owner was that He wanted to hire his own cabinet maker, wich I'm sure woul have been him.

Wasn't the Americans home... The land and everything on it belonged to the campo.

This sucks!!!

lookingandbuying - 3-22-2011 at 03:36 PM

My first reaction was OUT this MF'ers name right away...PERIOD. Then, after thinking it over more my thoughts became much more rational. Don't ask me why as I still like the thought of outting him even though it would not mean anything to me one way or the other.

The fact is you are doing EVERYTHING perfectly legal. Keep doing so. Also, just remember there is a snake around you. While knowing the snake is there is a bummer keep your distance as it's safer. One thing I know for sure, other people probably already know this person is nothing but a big TURD.

Go fish, have a beer (or six) enjoy Baja and be happy. This guy must be a miserable prick, let him wallow in his own sh#t!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

stevelaubly - 3-22-2011 at 03:49 PM

Yeah, let's keep his name a secret so he can keep doing to other Nomads what he did here....Makes sense to me.....NOT.

Martyman - 3-22-2011 at 03:50 PM

Hey Fishdictator
Get a rattler from Skeet and put it in the hosers mailbox. We won't tell:rolleyes:

Want the name?

lookingandbuying - 3-22-2011 at 04:06 PM

Looks like another board has picked this story up and provided a name...go see Fulano. Looks like it's all there now for those that want to know.:lol::lol::lol:

BajaGringo - 3-22-2011 at 04:07 PM

I say we start a poll...

baronvonbob - 3-22-2011 at 04:11 PM

I agree a poll

Fulano Files

desertcpl - 3-22-2011 at 04:14 PM

No need to start a poll

look on Fulano files, he has exposed the person

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by desertcpl]

Bajahowodd - 3-22-2011 at 04:21 PM

Gawd. The fact that he watches Al Jazeera English is a huge red herring. I want to know if he wears polyester suits.:lol::lol:

mcfez - 3-22-2011 at 04:49 PM

I got to say...I love this Fulano guy! I know...some you have other thoughts. I am glad that he published Clarks name over there on his site.

So what is Clarks User name here?

Hey Fish.....
I got a house in San Felipe that needs work. Front porch, garage, finishing of the out door kitchen. If you need a job, and I know it's far from you.....LMK. Let me know what I can do to help you out down there.

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 04:50 PM

This was not my intent, I guess my intent was to let everyone out here on the eastcape know my half of the story, as well as let evetone know that I am legit and have passed immigrations prodding.

I wonder where this will go now?

Rules to work?

lookingandbuying - 3-22-2011 at 05:07 PM

So what are the rules for a Gringo to be able to work in Mexico? Also, are there specific rules that need to be followed if you are hiring someone to do work around your personal house. I think I have heard if you hire someone to clean your house on a routine basis you become obligated for a bunch of stuff. Anyone have a short version of the do's and don't's for both os these types of issues??

Thanks! :?::?::?:

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lookingandbuying
So what are the rules for a Gringo to be able to work in Mexico? Also, are there specific rules that need to be followed if you are hiring someone to do work around your personal house. I think I have heard if you hire someone to clean your house on a routine basis you become obligated for a bunch of stuff. Anyone have a short version of the do's and don't's for both os these types of issues??

http://www.mexicanlaws.com/STPS/laborlawindex.htm

if you have any other questions can you start a new thread please...Thanks

That did it

lookingandbuying - 3-22-2011 at 05:20 PM

Thanks Fish, perfect reference...did not mean to Hijack your thread.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by lookingandbuying

http://www.mexicanlaws.com/STPS/laborlawindex.htm

if you have any other questions can you start a new thread please...Thanks

DENNIS - 3-22-2011 at 06:11 PM

This whole issue will die a natural and timely death....unless, of course, it's kept on life support.

slimshady - 3-22-2011 at 06:32 PM

Fulano states his name is Paul Clark who developed Castillo de Arena. Baja sure attracts some slimy folks. We will put him in the same list as Ray Novelli another crooked Canadian.

Nothing better than a good ass kicking for them.

DENNIS - 3-22-2011 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slimshady
We will put him in the same list as Ray Novelli another crooked Canadian.

Let's not forget Fast Eddy. That guy is a puke delux.

Jim/Liisa - 3-22-2011 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim/Liisa

Wasn't the Americans home... The land and everything on it belonged to the campo.

Guess your right. Some Campos are like that most though have a clause in the contract about a 10 to 15% allowing someone else to do the work, wich this campo owner originaly accepted. Kind of cold to Me.

woody with a view - 3-22-2011 at 07:51 PM

cat is out of the bag, right? what does this puke say when you confronted him?

Paulclark - 3-22-2011 at 08:25 PM

My name is Paul Clark, the developer of Castillo de Arena. Matt is fairly accurate in his description of events. We have a safe secure community and have no issues with our neighbours unless they break the law. In this case Matt Fitch and his employer, Rob Loughan restricted access to the beach. When they did so the first time I wrote them a letter and sent a copy of the legislation prohibiting anyone from blocking an arroyo. At that time they were told that I would report them to the authorities if they continued or blocked the arroyo in the future. They agreed and assured me in writing that they would not fence or block the arroyo and asked that we work together protecting the beach.

They chose to ignore my warning and fenced the arroyo, so I reported them to the authorities.

Now for the people who want to send a hit man or tar and feather me etc., here I am. I have made a commitment to this country and I am proud to be a Mexican citizen.

I am protecting a community from illegal actions and restrictions and I am very happy to put my face to it, all my posts and all my actions.

Regards
Paul Clark

surfer jim - 3-22-2011 at 09:00 PM

:rolleyes:.......hmmm....I think I will stay out of this mess:yawn:.

slimshady - 3-22-2011 at 09:03 PM

Paul, are sure they are behind the closing off of the arroyo? Perhaps the squatters did it. Regardless closing off the arroyos is wrong.

fishabductor - 3-22-2011 at 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulclark
My name is Paul Clark, the developer of Castillo de Arena. Matt is fairly accurate in his description of events. We have a safe secure community and have no issues with our neighbours unless they break the law. In this case Matt Fitch and his employer, Rob Loughan restricted access to the beach. When they did so the first time I wrote them a letter and sent a copy of the legislation prohibiting anyone from blocking an arroyo. At that time they were told that I would report them to the authorities if they continued or blocked the arroyo in the future. They agreed and assured me in writing that they would not fence or block the arroyo and asked that we work together protecting the beach.

They chose to ignore my warning and fenced the arroyo, so I reported them to the authorities.

Now for the people who want to send a hit man or tar and feather me etc., here I am. I have made a commitment to this country and I am proud to be a Mexican citizen.

I am protecting a community from illegal actions and restrictions and I am very happy to put my face to it, all my posts and all my actions.

Regards
Paul Clark

Paul,

For the record, I am sorry your name got out as that was not my intent. If it was I would have just put it in the original post. I meant to do no harm to you and stated early on that I would not let your name out. I do not know how fulano got involved or how he made the connection and I am peeed about it. I should have just let this slide, and not tried to do whatever I was I thought I could accomplish by posting on here. I guess I was concerned that this would never stop, and was trying to put a stop to it.

Like I originally said, I had absolutely no part of fencing the arroyo, and I signed a statement to immigration stating that. I pulled out at the rocks immediately at your request when you sent me the law, as I had no interest in making enemies with you or anyone else. The legal rep for the corporation signed a statement saying that he was responsible for hiring the fencers and that they in fact made a mistake and removed their mistake as soon as Ceasar showed up and told them to pull it down.

Now that this has became what it has, we are sick to our stomachs. We don't want any trouble and if there is to be any trouble we would rather leave baja at this time and return north as we are really on our way out anyways, so we can provide Wyatt with an education and I can repersue my career as a Project Manager. All that is important to me is raising my son and providing for both him and Chelo. As well as fishing of course.

Like I previously said, I am terribily sorry that your name and company came out, if possible I would like to sit down with you and discuss this calmly in person and put this behind us, as we have other things in the past.

I am extending an olive branch and hopefully you will accept it. You have know me for 10 yrs and I am nothing if I am not honest and sincere, and hopefully we can go on about our ways. I want to bury the hachet all the hachets.

Please accept my apology. I forgive you for turning me in after this fiasco. This blew up into a huge mess, something that I in no way wanted. Now that I look back at it, i have no idea what I was trying to accomplish, I just know the outcome was not it. If I could find a way to remove the fulano files I would. Hopefully Doug will delete or lock out this post. Doug if you are reading this, if possible will you do this? I can delete the original posts and all my posts, but not everything.

The squatters had nothing to do with the fence in the arroyo, it was done as an accident by the fencers.

Once again I am terribly sorry at the results of my posting.

Sincerely,
Matt Fitch

jenny.navarrette - 3-22-2011 at 09:58 PM

Quote:

Regards
Paul Clark

Wait a minute. They put up an illegal fence, so you filed a false report with immigration? The only authorities you should have reported them to is the ones who keep the beach access open. How does filing a false report with immigration resolve you legal issue? That was a retaliation, not a legal resolution. And if you are happy to put your face to it, why did you have his brother-in-law sign the letter, and not sign it yourself? And which community are you protecting if the fence was put up to stop robberies?

You have a lot of explaining to do, Seņor quien era una gabacho, pero ahora is puro mexicano en su metodo y mente.

Paulclark - 3-23-2011 at 06:31 AM

Well said Matt --Thank you, Paul

Big men here

mcfez - 3-23-2011 at 06:37 AM

Matt.....very good letter to Paul. It's very clear, and humble.

Paul....you are a businessman, I am too. Mistakes are made everyday....we deal with them in a positive way and move on. You must be a good guy...otherwise you would not be too successfully down there.

Lets have 2 big men here.

And Matt.....you love it down there. Stay and work things out.

Good luck to you both.

mtgoat666 - 3-23-2011 at 06:43 AM

Quote:

Regards
Paul Clark

fence issue sounds like it was resolved by reasonable parties.

the only thing you don't explain is the alleged false report to immigration. what about that?

DENNIS - 3-23-2011 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette

gabacho

I really dislike that word.

ELINVESTIG8R - 3-23-2011 at 06:56 AM

I too would like to know why a false report was filed. It sounds as though someone went outside of the law to harm someone else and now needs to explain why they did that. If a false report was filed here in the USA that person would be in a lot of trouble. I hope Mexico has the same on their books for those who file false complaints.

mtgoat666 - 3-23-2011 at 06:56 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette

gabacho

how about gaspacho?

QUE LINDO LAS MENTIRAS

ELINVESTIG8R - 3-23-2011 at 07:40 AM

[Edited on 3-23-2011 by ELINVESTIG8R]

Paulclark - 3-23-2011 at 07:56 AM

Now the hate mail starts --- and I post this to share and educate and not to bring our dispute back into play, which is settled.

Received this morning by email:

THE GULL <bajad***y@hotmail.com>
It's in the works. I make it my business to have crooked CANUK developers run out of mexico.

regards
TheGull

[Edited on 5-25-2011 by BajaNomad]

fishabductor - 3-23-2011 at 08:04 AM

Our dispute is settled:bounce:...

I am done with this thread.

Peace!

DENNIS - 3-23-2011 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Now the hate mail starts --- and I post this to share and educate and not to bring our dispute back into play, which is settled.

It's in the works. I make it my business to have crooked CANUK developers run out of mexico.

regards
TheGull

You're way down on the list of those who have received nonsense from a fictitous Gull. It was happening all over the place during the Fast Eddy thread. Just ignore it.

[Edited on 3-23-2011 by DENNIS]

bajamigo - 3-23-2011 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:

regards
TheGull

You're way down on the list of those who have received nonsense from a fictitous Gull. It was happening all over the place during the Fast Eddy thread. Just ignore it.

If you really want to know where this garbage came from, check out this site: http://aruljohn.com/info/howtofindipaddress/
This phony "Gull" is well known to many of us.

mcfez - 3-23-2011 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:

regards
TheGull

I'll confirm this too, Paul.......(above). The GULL emails are bogus. I get one a month from the wonderful fruitcake....whoever it may be.

MitchMan - 3-23-2011 at 10:28 AM

Jenny.navarrette poses a legitmate question that has not been answered.

shari - 3-23-2011 at 12:39 PM

this thread serves as a learning tool...a warning to people who do more here than just be a tourist. The lines of what is legal/acceptable are blurred and countless gringos have been turned in by other gringos or mexicanos...usually ones who feel slighted, are jealous, losing business themselves or simply have an axe to grind....so it is very important to have all your ducks in a row.

To answer the original question, I have been turned in to immigration also on bogus charges and I found out that if the rat is well positioned politically, forget about fighting it...you wont win...so just pay the fine whatever and get on with it. They dont have to even prove it...Yeah it sucks big time but thats life here. It is one of life in baja's miserable things.

When someone wants you out they will go to great lengths to accomplish their goal and try different strategies...pretty scary stuff and it can be really daunting....so be careful out there.

Eugenio - 3-23-2011 at 12:56 PM

Very well said shari.

And this was over a fence - which had already been taken care of in a timely manner.

I have a couple other points - but I'd like to give Sr. Clark the opportunity to respond. I wouldn't want to be suggesting that someone else is overreacting to a situation or jumping the gun, while committing the same offense myself.

Sr. Clark. With all respect - here's your opportunity. What involvement did/didn't you have with the mexican migra?

grizzlyfsh95 - 3-23-2011 at 01:06 PM

As the Palapa turns...Drama...Drama...Drama

Bajatripper - 3-23-2011 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
[ Seņor quien era una gabacho, pero ahora is puro mexicano en su metodo y mente.

Wonder why you felt the need to say this in your bad Spanish?

I also wonder if you'd be willing to ID yourself so I can send over a few of my Mexican buddies (I won't bother with any legal crap) so you can explain what you mean by it to them.

And then you can write a letter of complaint about being "turned in" by a fellow Nomad.

Bajatripper - 3-23-2011 at 01:08 PM

Quote:

Now there, Dennis, is something we have in common.

Bajatripper - 3-23-2011 at 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
gringos have been turned in by other gringos or mexicanos...usually ones who feel slighted, are jealous, losing business themselves or simply have an axe to grind....so it is very important to have all your ducks in a row.

When someone wants you out they will go to great lengths to accomplish their goal and try different strategies...pretty scary stuff and it can be really daunting....so be careful out there.

I carefully avoid these types of problems by being a total failure at everything I try.:lol:

Dave - 3-23-2011 at 01:22 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't want to be suggesting that someone else is overreacting to a situation or jumping the gun

In a country where one doesn't expect justice from any authority it's common nature to overreact. You throw everything against the wall hoping something sticks.

I don't know enough to judge either party, just explaining how the process usually works...

For those expert at playing the game. ;D

That's ENTERTAINMENT

MrBillM - 3-23-2011 at 01:36 PM

Reminds me of one of the MANY times years back when I'd be at a party and some (usually) residents North of San Felipe would start into their "Bad Guy Complaint" routines.

Finally, getting tired of hearing the Horrors, I said "Look, IF it is what you say it is, the guy deserves WHATEVER you can come up with, so you ought to can the talk, wait a reasonable time for the trail to go cold and then DO what needs to be done, personally or through a (cheap enough) agent".

I've always felt it's better to do that kind of thing without involving others who can dime you out if the occasion arises. Nobody can be trusted completely, especially people who make a living doing things illegal.

elbeau - 3-23-2011 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
My name is Paul Clark, the developer of Castillo de Arena...

...I have made a commitment to this country and I am proud to be a Mexican citizen.

Regards
Paul Clark

Happy to put your face to "all your actions"?

Quote:
In the past 2 months, I have been turned into Profepa, Semanac, Immigration and the subdelgado. The military also showed up at my house and searched for drugs for 1hr using a electric sniffer and 40 armed soldiers, is this just a coincidence or did I get turned into the military too?

Please provide a "Yes" or "No" for whether you had anything to do with each of these actions. My guess is that you'll just dodge answering this entirely, leaving us to speculate on whether or not you did ALL of them, but leaving us without any doubt that you are lying to us when you say "I am very happy to put my face to it, all my posts and all my actions."

I mean seriously, where do I go wrong in my understanding of this story:

You are an influential real estate developer who wrote an appropriate letter to your neighbor when he illegally blocked the arroyo, whereupon he complied with your request to reopen the arroyo. Then, someone else hires a fencing company who inadvertently fences the arroyo and you simply assume it's the same guy. So far, this all seems reasonable...but here's where things REALLY start to stray.

Instead of following the legal course of action that you described in your initial letter to your neighbor, you created a fraudulent document and signed your neighbor's brother-in-law's name to it and used your fraudulent letter to file a fraudulent report with immigration officials. It also seems likely that you are responsible for turning your neighbor into Profepa, Semanac, Immigration and the subdelgado and the military. You evidently got responses from the agencies you lied to...probably because of your personal influence rather than from the persuasiveness of your arguments. You caused your neighbor and his wife to LITERALLY fear for their futures and even their lives...to the point where he's still afraid because you now know that he went looking for advise on what to do and someone else outed your name. AND, while you were doing all this, you pretended to be a friend and sent their kid a Christmas present.

Then...to top it all off, AFTER your neighbor described in this thread what had ACTUALLY happened with the fence, you have the gall to tell us in your post that "HE" is the criminal and "YOU" are just doing your patriotic duty.

Did I miss anything? Please correct me wherever I went wrong, because I definitely am seeing criminality in this story, but it's not from your neighbor.

Also, as a hypothetical question...based on your response to what you percieved as your neighbor's criminal blockage of an arroyo, what response should the community have in response to a real estate developer who creates fraudulent documents and uses them to file fraudulent reports to various authorities?

I look forward to your answers.

DENNIS - 3-23-2011 at 02:21 PM

Quote:

It happened to me. It really doesn't matter much if the accusations are true. If the accusor knows enough phone numbers, you are out of here.

DENNIS - 3-23-2011 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper
Quote:

You finally found something? I would have guessed we had much more in common. We both love your Mom, don't we? :biggrin:

Woooosh - 3-23-2011 at 03:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper
Quote:

You finally found something? I would have guessed we had much more in common. We both love your Mom, don't we? :biggrin:

I don't like Gringo or Gabacho much either. I prefer Yankee for a number of reasons. I do understand people throwing everything they have at a problem down here, and seeing if anything sticks. I don't like people crossing the line and making false accusations to authorities though. People just get so frustrated down here because even the correct course of action seems to take forever and ever and you never know whether to just give up or not. If you believe your cause is worthy (protecting pedestrian beach access) you just have to go with your gut. My Mexican family accepts defeat in the face of injustice, corruption and undo influence in matters down here much better than anyone in my Yankee family ever will. jmho

Well, I Have Worked Legally in Mexico

Gypsy Jan - 3-23-2011 at 03:24 PM

And never got messed with--my jobs were deemed "of benefit" and recieved the appropriate work stamps on my FM3.

First job in Mexico, working as a advertising manager for the Gringo Gazette.

Second job, working as a sales represenatative for a U.S. based company signing up maquiladoras for ISO certification.

DENNIS - 3-23-2011 at 03:31 PM

Miss Jan.......You can do no wrong. Others here can, but not you.

Long thread

flyfishinPam - 3-23-2011 at 03:36 PM

Is this the thread on Darwin's theory or intelligent design?

DENNIS - 3-23-2011 at 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Is this the thread on Darwin's theory or intelligent design?

It's turned into the "Wanting attention" thread.
Actually, most threads are designed just for this.

Dennis, Just the Facts of My Own Experience

Gypsy Jan - 3-23-2011 at 03:44 PM

I didn't offend anyone in power, and I tried to follow the laws as I best understood them.

Maybe because I was such a mouse, nobody cared that much about me.

BajaRat - 3-23-2011 at 04:21 PM

Well...........
guess Clarks got some splainin to do.

mulegemichael - 3-23-2011 at 04:52 PM

i wanna hear about the militar sniffing around "fishes" house with guns and electronic pot sniffers...whatever they are...just a coincidence?...

Bajatripper - 3-23-2011 at 05:14 PM

Quote:

We both love your Mom, don't we? :biggrin:

Does this mean I should start calling you "Dad"?

BajaGringo - 3-23-2011 at 06:17 PM

Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along....

Skipjack Joe - 3-23-2011 at 08:20 PM

Quote:

hmmmmm....

For a moment I thought I was back on the turtle thread.

Bajatripper - 3-23-2011 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

hmmmmm....

For a moment I thought I was back on the turtle thread.

Now that you mention it, it does remind me of that thread, too.

tiotomasbcs - 3-24-2011 at 10:05 AM

Love our sense of Humour?!!The fact that Fish went public shows a lack of....experience and common sense, no. Before his recent reappearance on Nomad wasn't there a small feud that brewed over!:rolleyes: If I remember he might have set a record for chronic postings and ravings re East Cape goings on! He's back!:wow::wow: Tio