BajaNomad

Mike Younghusband presentation

Pages:  1  2

David K - 5-19-2011 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Recent updates make it 6 seats now available for Mike's Saturday presentation in Mission Valley (San Diego).

:smug:

Hi Doug, add Chris K (my son) to my reservation!:bounce:

Bob H - 5-19-2011 at 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Recent updates make it 6 seats now available for Mike's Saturday presentation in Mission Valley (San Diego).

:smug:

Hi Doug, add Chris K (my son) to my reservation!:bounce:

David, it will be nice to see you guys again and meet Chris.

Will you be starting out at the Mariscos German truck on 30th and Grape Street? A buddy of mine and I will be there to eat beforehand. Probably around 4:30 or so...
Bob H

KASHEYDOG - 5-20-2011 at 06:41 AM

Quote:
Looking forward to meeting:

(1) Curt63
(2) bajacalifornian
(2) Kasheydog
(3) Brian L
(1) BajaGringo
(2) bajaday
(2) Sancho
(3) rubencastillo
(3) chivatojoe

Remind me if we have already met, otherwise looking forward to it! Drive safe everyone... a chance of rain is predicted.

Me too...:yes:...I'm looking foward to meeting everybody. Don't know if you noticed, David, but i moved up to your neck of the woods as of the first of this month...:bounce:..

David K - 5-20-2011 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
Quote:
Looking forward to meeting:

(1) Curt63
(2) bajacalifornian
(2) Kasheydog
(3) Brian L
(1) BajaGringo
(2) bajaday
(2) Sancho
(3) rubencastillo
(3) chivatojoe

Remind me if we have already met, otherwise looking forward to it! Drive safe everyone... a chance of rain is predicted.

Me too...:yes:...I'm looking foward to meeting everybody. Don't know if you noticed, David, but i moved up to your neck of the woods as of the first of this month...:bounce:..

Let me offer you a FREE sprinkler system check up/ evaluation! u2u me your phone number if you would like or ask for my card at the slide show! Welcome to North County!

wilderone - 5-20-2011 at 08:12 AM

"Mariscos German truck on 30th and Grape Street"
wow - 4 blocks from me!! Yeah, a great fish taco for 99 cents

KASHEYDOG - 5-20-2011 at 08:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Let me offer you a FREE sprinkler system check up/ evaluation! u2u me your phone number if you would like or ask for my card at the slide show! Welcome to North County!

David, my phone number is just to the left of this post here buy my name, just in case anyone wants to call me. 619 224 0808...:yes:..BTW I'll have my card available just in case you might want to buy a new or pre-owned LEXUS from me at Lexus Carlsbad...:lol:..:spingrin:..:O

David K - 5-20-2011 at 07:02 PM

Okay, looking good for tomorrow... and Bob H, that Mariscos might be a great early meal before we drink Pacificos at the Hotel. However, it will be just Chris and I, as Baja Angel is not coming due to a family request for her.

John M - 5-21-2011 at 11:37 AM

We have a last minute change, 2 of our party will not be able to come tonight.
We will meet thr taco roach coach at about 430

John m

David K - 5-21-2011 at 01:41 PM

I will be leaving for San Diego in about an hour... see you guys there!

BajaNomad - 5-21-2011 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
We have a last minute change, 2 of our party will not be able to come tonight.
We will meet thr taco roach coach at about 430

John m

Got it. Thank you. Had another cancellation for 2 as well.

Room for 10 now, in case anyone has the last-minute ability to make it tonight.

6pm; Best Western Seven Seas; Hotel Circle, Mission Valley (San Diego); $5 at the door (to cover room charges); Cash-only specials on beer (bottle or draft) next door at Zack's Bar from 5-8pm.

-
Doug

Bob H - 5-21-2011 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Okay, looking good for tomorrow... and Bob H, that Mariscos might be a great early meal before we drink Pacificos at the Hotel. However, it will be just Chris and I, as Baja Angel is not coming due to a family request for her.

Eating an early dinner today at the Mariscos German truck was a lot of fun. Several Nomads arrived and before long we had filled up a nice chunk of the parking lot, some brought their own chairs.

There was a full house for Mike's presentation which was just outstanding! What an amazing trip and his slide show presentation was out of this world. Lots of laughter and jaw dropping stories!

Thank you so much Mike for sharing this wonderful adventure and we all look forward to your book!

Bob H

Great Event, Great People

David K - 5-22-2011 at 12:13 AM

Thanks Mike for a really great evening... your first slide show was a success!

The fun began at the Mariscos roach coach on 30th and Grape...

John M & Barbara. These were terrific tacos folks! My son Chris and I each had a garlic shrimp and a marlin taco... both excellent!

Baja Geoff, Curt 63, Bob H

Chris and Chuck (Baja Warrior)

Then we drove to the hotel in Mission Valley for the show:

Mike autographs a photo

The room begins to fill

Baja Geoff of Baja Bound and Doug 'Baja Nomad'

The screen

Solo is the star of the trip and the show

Graham greets Neal and Marian Johns

Barbara and John M with Graham and Neal Johns

Mike is given a gift from Juan and Shari (Bahia Asuncion), delivered by John M and Barbara... the mescal Mike calls Two Buck Chuck.

Mike and Jeff (BajaCalifornian)

TW and Baja Gringo (Ron)

Kashey Dog (Dick), David K, Baja Gringo, TW

Lots more Nomads were there, sorry if we didn't get to talk, and I hope more photos will be posted!

It was a nice evening. I am very glad to have been there.

EDIT: Mike had some killer philosophy that the replies below mentioned and resonated deep with the way he put it... Fear IS the killer of dreams!

[Edited on 5-22-2011 by David K]

AmoPescar - 5-22-2011 at 12:49 AM

Sorry I couldn't make it...I'm sure it was a very special night and I would have loved to have met Mike, heard his story in person and seen his pictures.

It would also have been great to see old Amigos and Nomads and meet some others from the board.

The look Solo is giving Marian is really something... they must have really made a connection!!! Maybe he was sending her a message to say "hello" to their pooches!

Miguelamo :yes: ;) :tumble:

BajaWarrior - 5-22-2011 at 05:57 AM

That was a great evening! Nice to meet Mike finally after walking along side him on his trek to Cabo.

I didn't get to talk to everybody like BobH (sorry), but did have some great conversations with Curt, Oggie, KasheyDog, and JohnM.

Thanks Doug, DavidK, Ted, Geoff and the rest of the folks that put this evening together!

[Edited on 5-22-2011 by BajaWarrior]

Curt63 - 5-22-2011 at 07:25 AM

Great people, great tacos, great adventure, great storyteller.

Nice to meet several Nomads and other nice folks.

Mike's life philosophy/quote was very profund and I agree.

"Fear is the killer of dreams"

Thanks to everyone that made this evening possible!

Bob H - 5-22-2011 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
Great people, great tacos, great adventure, great storyteller.

Nice to meet several Nomads and other nice folks.

Mike's life philosophy/quote was very profund and I agree.

"Fear is the killer of dreams"

Thanks to everyone that made this evening possible!

Curt, totally agree! Quotes like this from Mike just roll off his tongue as a result of his experience. Can one imagine what his book will be like.... Wow!

It was great meeting you.
Bob H

wilderone - 5-22-2011 at 07:54 AM

Thoroughly entertaining - great presentation - Mike can be so funny! Thank you Doug, et al. for making it happen. A special evening.

Bajafun777 - 5-22-2011 at 08:04 AM

Mike you did an excellent job with your presenatation and I think Solo worked the crowd before & after the presentation to keep people involved with your topic,LOL. Again, thank you for sharing and giving people a better understanding of what is out there in Baja for them. Keep the travels going and keep your health while doing things you love.

Doug, you did a great job of getting the presentation going and Mike really did a good job covering his topic in a short 2 hour talk filled with laughter and total interest in his issues he encountered while taking on Nature. Take Care and Travel Safe------- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Sublimity - 5-22-2011 at 08:30 AM

My son and I had been waiting anxiously for Mike's presentation...and he did not disappoint. The pictures were great and his narrative somehow made us feel as though we were there with him! We were so glad to see that Solo took the time out of her "busy" retired life to meet us; she truly is an amazing dog (dog just does not seem fitting, I believe Mike said it best...Angel). We had a long drive to get back home after the presentation and all I could keep thinking about is the six words that Mike said toward the end, "Fear is the killer of dreams". I completely agree with you Curt63! Thanks Mike and everyone who contributed to put this together. It was a pleasure to be is such great company with all the Nomads and what a fine dining experience in the parking lot at 30th and Grape...awesome! Thank you John M. and Barbara for introducing us to such a wonderful place called Baja!

BajaGringo - 5-22-2011 at 10:38 AM

A great evening and so glad that I made the drive up to see it. There was an extremely long line at the border from folks who came to see the big soccer game in Tijuana and as a result I ended up arriving just after Mike started. Really wish I could have gotten there early to have had more time to meet and talk with all the other Nomads. It was a real pleasure to spend time with those I could and I hope I can catch the rest of you at a future event or if you are traveling through San Quintin.

Thanks Doug for helping put on the event and congratulations to Mike and team for a wonderful adventure you shared with us all last night.

Well worth the drive!

skipowell - 5-22-2011 at 03:56 PM

I am so happy everyone had such a good time last night. I really wish we could have been there. It has really hard missing this event as we were only a few miles away but had previous commitments.

Mike, I truly hope you can make a presentation in Northern Baja this Fall. I know that Carla has offered to help get a place. If we can help in anyway to organize an event in the Rosarito or Ensenada area count on us!

MikeYounghusband - 5-22-2011 at 05:37 PM

Looking at doing a presentation at Kilometer 58? in October. It will be announced on Nomad well in advance.

Quote:
Originally posted by skipowell

I am so happy everyone had such a good time last night. I really wish we could have been there. It has really hard missing this event as we were only a few miles away but had previous commitments.

Mike, I truly hope you can make a presentation in Northern Baja this Fall. I know that Carla has offered to help get a place. If we can help in anyway to organize an event in the Rosarito or Ensenada area count on us! [/quote

[Edited on 5-23-2011 by MikeYounghusband]

BajaBlanca - 5-22-2011 at 05:43 PM

great that everyone had such a good time ... it is so fun seeing the photos .... sure wish we could have been there ....

Mike, keep thinking about doing a presentation in Loreto !!!!!

many thanks to those who put it all together .... not easy ... esp. when the number had to be limited and a strict control kept.

can't wait to read your book Mike, I imagine that will be a looooong project !! But hopefully one that will get written real soon.

wessongroup - 5-22-2011 at 05:50 PM

Just a super statement about people and animals.. and the Baja... many thanks to all... great to put faces with names too...

Baja may have some "hair" on it, for some ... but, look what can happen ...

Wiley

David K - 5-22-2011 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
great that everyone had such a good time ... it is so fun seeing the photos .... sure wish we could have been there ....

Mike, keep thinking about doing a presentation in Loreto !!!!!

many thanks to those who put it all together .... not easy ... esp. when the number had to be limited and a strict control kept.

can't wait to read your book Mike, I imagine that will be a looooong project !! But hopefully one that will get written real soon.

Mike had some nice photos of your home / Bed & Breakfast in La Bocana!

irenemm - 5-22-2011 at 06:57 PM

MikeYounghusband,
If you would like to do one here in the San Quintin Area well really the Vicente Guerrero area. We have a banquet room and would love to have you show your slide show here. The room FREE the Motel room for you FREE and the first beer is half off. Our room can hold up to 250 people and we have the big screen to show it on with the projector. Let me know would love to see it.
You were only a half mile from us when you stayed here in town . I was not able to see you as I was very ill with pneumonia at the time. Sorry I missed you. hope to meet you on one of your adventures again.
enjoy the adventure and stay safe.

surfdoc - 5-22-2011 at 07:25 PM

Hey Mike........Thanks for giving my daughter the Musica!

She and her BFF said they had an awsome time last night!! Completely enjoyed it! However... I had to explain the outcome of the side trip we took in Vizcaino Mike............:rolleyes:

Hope to taste a few Tecates with you in the future my Amigo!

TMW - 5-22-2011 at 07:32 PM

A wonderful experience, what a great time with great people. Mike did a fantastic presentation. Solo is such a great dog. Don-Kay was a star for sure.

BajaGeoff - 5-23-2011 at 11:58 AM

It was a great event and fun to finally meet some Nomads in person! Here are a few pictures....

Doug introduces Mike

A big ol' crowd of Nomads!

Juan and Shari sent a mezcal gift to Mike!

Doug Means, Geoff Hill, Mike Younghusband

[Edited on 5-23-2011 by BajaGeoff]

David K - 5-23-2011 at 06:08 PM

Very nice! Some Nomads I can pick out:
Chris K and I are in the front row (I am holding a Pacifico). Wilderone is behind Chris and I, BajaFun 777 is next to Wilderone, Curt63 is to the right and behind 777, Baja Warrior is just right of Mike on the left side of the aisle, Barb M and Marian Johns are in the front row, left of Mike. Brian L and his cute little girls introduced himself to me... and as always, great to meet fellow Baja travelers!

[Edited on 5-24-2011 by David K]

shari - 5-23-2011 at 06:29 PM

oh man Mike...you clean up good amigo....I didnt even recognize you!!! I am so glad your presentation went well...as I knew it would. I cant wait to have one in our neck of the desert...muchos felizidades....glad you liked your present!!!

Inspirational

John M - 5-23-2011 at 07:45 PM

So many times during Mike's presentation I found myself both encouraged and awed by what he has accomplished.

Encouraged in that I realized more than ever that the spirit of personal adventure awaits those who are not too faint of heart, and awed by watching Mike watch his own photos on the screen and saw that he smiled at almost every new picture that came on.

And WOW - did Solo know how to work a crowd or what?

Way to go my friend!

The little detour to 30th and Grape was another one of those magical get togethers BajaNomads are so good at.

Thanks "Sublimity" [aka Brian] for the kind words.

While thanks are being passed out, another to Doug - super job.

John M and Barbara

shari - 5-23-2011 at 08:27 PM

gracias Barb & John for delivering the package at the appropriate moment!!! I sure miss ole Mike and can clearly picture him cracking up at some of the photos...god love him!

dtbushpilot - 5-23-2011 at 09:15 PM

Quote:

Very nice! Some Nomads I can pick out:
Chris K and I are in the front row (I am holding a Pacifico). Wilderone is behind Chris and I, BajaFun 777 is next to Wilderone, Curt63 is to the right and behind 777, Baja Warrior is just right of Mike on the left side of the aisle, Barb M and Marian Johns are in the front row, left of Mike. Brian L and his cute little girls introduced himself to me... and as always, great to meet fellow Baja travelers!

[Edited on 5-24-2011 by David K]

OK, tell the truth, how many of you actually followed DK's description and identified the Nomads that he was identifying?...:lol::lol::lol:.....sorry DK, couldn't help myself.....dt

bajaguy - 5-23-2011 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot

OK, tell the truth, how many of you actually followed DK's description and identified the Nomads that he was identifying?...:lol::lol::lol:.....sorry DK, couldn't help myself.....dt

I tried, but was unable to figure it out without a map and GPS coordinates!!!!!.....:lol:

cjesme - 5-24-2011 at 11:22 PM

Sure sounds like a wonderful night for all! Great pictures! Can't wait until Oct for the Baja Norte presentation. K58

David K - 5-25-2011 at 07:28 AM

Got an email from Discover Baja Travel Club that Mike and Graham are doing a duel presentation in about a month...
 Pages:  1  2