BajaNomad

Foreigners scams in Baja

jrbaja - 8-29-2004 at 12:43 PM

LORETO BAY !!!

Friends went down to look into buying. :lol:
There was a representative there from Arizona and one from Canada. For starters, neither of the representatives knew about or had even heard of "ejido land".
Next, they were promising a certain number of homes being completed in 3 mos. and they were just starting to stake out lots.
Then there were clauses including stipulations of having to by linens, etc., from the corporation.

My friends have a lot of money. They were serious when they went down there to investigate. They came back laughing as they felt it was one of the biggest yet least honest developer scams they had encountered.
And the real funny part to them was, a bunch of people have actually fallen for this unresearched project designed to take their money.
This is a LOT more obvious and blatant than Punta Banda ever was !!

And Punta Banda had access to water!

Germanicus - 8-29-2004 at 12:52 PM

JR, I'm missing one word you are normally using > it seems to me, not often enough:
Gringo behaviour.

I think this one was originally

jrbaja - 8-29-2004 at 04:29 PM

a canadian idea. Then later the gringo developers wanted a piece.
Either way, it's a scam!

Is that better ?:lol:

surfer jim - 8-30-2004 at 08:23 AM

All better now....:biggrin:

Scam! Lindens? Thats nuts!!

mcgyver - 8-30-2004 at 11:50 AM

jrbaja, I have seen some leases that were wrote up to say that you had to buy all your building supplies and furnishings through the leassor! A newbie came to me with one last year like that and we took it to the tourist bureau. They told us that not only was it ilegal but there was a goverment form to use for leasing that was supposed to be used but the campo owners don't like it because they want 10% of a sale. My neighbor and I took our leases to a lawyer and then renegoiciated them to comply. In Mexico as anywhere use a lawyer. Real Estate Property matters are handeled in Mexico by a notary, way different than one in the USA and there are not very many of them around. I learn something new everyday!

Skeet/Loreto - 8-30-2004 at 12:06 PM

As I have so often Posted, Do business in the Capitol City of the State where lies the property.

For Baja Sur i have made many transactions without problems.
I have used Miguel Izuierdo
Tele Fax 612 123-1844
La Paz. on all of my Business,finding him very Honest and Trustworthy.

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"

We all thought that was pretty nuts as well

jrbaja - 8-30-2004 at 12:17 PM

and got a good laugh out of it. There was a lot more too but that was sufficient to tell my friends, ah ha, this is a real "up n up" operation hahahahaha.
They didn't get their money by being stupid. Guess that's why they still have it:light:
I bet there aren't too many of these new homeowners that know much about Baja. We will be hearing from them in the future. I'll bring the cheese !:lol:

wilderone - 8-30-2004 at 02:58 PM

They can't say we didn't warn them.