BajaNomad

re: recent Death in Cabo area

8unity8 - 4-30-2011 at 02:58 PM

this is my first time on this site ..I'm asking for any news that may have been reported on this death! My son's Father was killed and his body found on the rock or beach with his throat cut! we only have the consulate for info on this death and would like to find any news articles or person's who might know anything about this death ...I believe the condo where he was staying is on the beach near the air port ! thank you in advance for any info anyone might be willing to share on this matter!

jenny.navarrette - 4-30-2011 at 03:21 PM

I'm very sorry about your loss.

http://noticabos.org/2011/04/30/a-un-extranjero-le-cortan-el...

Martin Lewis Davis, 60 years old and originally from Michigan was staying at a hotel in the Tourist Corridor of Los Cabos when he went for a walk on the beach. His body was later found on the rocks with his throat cut.

The Attorrney General has declared it a suicide, even though there was no suicide note or other evidence. An editorial comment at the bottom of the article says this was a cover-up by power people in the tourist industry trying to protect their financial interests. Being labeled as a suicide, the case in closed.

the suicide thing!!!

8unity8 - 4-30-2011 at 03:29 PM

this is just soo ludicrious!! how does one cut their own throat! THANK YOU soo much this is the first real news we have besides the Manana treatment we get from the consulate!

mtgoat666 - 4-30-2011 at 03:42 PM

the consulate will never care unless you know someone in power that knows who to call in State Dept to make the jump.

you are wasting your time talking with US govt employees, unless you can get a congressman to first light a fire under their butts.

Bajahowodd - 4-30-2011 at 04:24 PM

It really is a sad event.

I have no inside knowledge of it, but have to say that given the hundreds of thousands of tourist that visit Cabo every year, this does seem to be quite isolated and unusual.

this death was no suicide!

8unity8 - 4-30-2011 at 04:31 PM

someone up here also said that a congress person is really the only way we have to get any action on this!! thank you for your responses to this post if nothing else we now have an article and a Photo!

Bajahowodd - 4-30-2011 at 04:34 PM

OK. Give this a try. Just please don't say that I gave you the info.

E-mail David@gringogazette.com. Just tell him how upset you are and ask him to help. He's a great guy who has been in the area for decades.

Bajahowodd - 4-30-2011 at 05:28 PM

Happens more often than you'd like to believe. Just about how someone could feel that dienfranchised from the current society.

choyero - 4-30-2011 at 05:38 PM

I did a seacrh and it is a pretty common way to kill one's self. Still I could think of many otherways thet would be less gruesome. A gun comes to mind.

That is, unless he was trying to collect life insurance for his family. In that case maybe he tried to make it look like a murder. What better place than Mexico. As everyone in the States thinks that everyone who goes to Mexico is crazy and will get killed.

8unity8 - 4-30-2011 at 05:43 PM

he didn't have life insurance ! and I lived with this man for 8 yrs ..I know he doesn't have the kind of personality to do this to himself! Maybe if he were going to do that he wuld overdose or something ...but he was very squimish about blood! and hurting himself!

self inflicted throat cutting?

8unity8 - 4-30-2011 at 05:53 PM

"I did a seacrh and it is a pretty common way to kill one's self. Still I could think of many otherways thet would be less gruesome. A gun comes to mind.

That is, unless he was trying to collect life insurance for his family. In that case maybe he tried to make it look like a murder. What better place than Mexico. As everyone in the States thinks that everyone who goes to Mexico is crazy and will get killed."

I would be interested to see any links you found in your research...as the quick search i did said it was RARE and often ended up in scarring !!! it is very difficult to cut through your own arteries!

8unity8 - 4-30-2011 at 05:59 PM

"As everyone in the States thinks that everyone who goes to Mexico is crazy and will get killed."

I think this is a generalization that is inaccurate !! personally I was impressed that my son's father always seemed to love coming down to Cabo and he had great things to say about his visit there! I'm not in a financial position to travel much but I never have had any thought that safety would be a big concern expecially in the Area around CABO !!

choyero - 4-30-2011 at 06:01 PM

Here is a news article.

http://tribunadeloscabos.com.mx/

It says that he was distressed for 3 days, he was seen smoking heavily and visably aggitated/nervous according to witnesses, before he was found dead. It also says that there were multiple attempts to slit the throat.

As far as a search, I just typed:

suicide by slit throat

choyero - 4-30-2011 at 06:03 PM

By the way, I am sorry for your and your son's loss.

I am not saying that he did commit suicide, I was surprised that you could actually do it myself. I would have thought it was not possible.

8unity8 - 4-30-2011 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by choyero
Here is a news article.

http://tribunadeloscabos.com.mx/

It says that he was distressed for 3 days, he was seen smoking heavily and visably aggitated/nervous according to witnesses, before he was found dead. It also says that there were multiple attempts to slit the throat.

As far as a search, I just typed:

suicide by slit throat

would you be willing to check that link again as the article that comes up is for something unrelated! thank you Choyero

choyero - 4-30-2011 at 06:19 PM

I just found that myself.
Here is the link:

http://www.tribunadeloscabos.com.mx/newpage2/index.cfm?op=po...

8unity8 - 4-30-2011 at 06:22 PM

thank you again Choyero ...everyone in Cabo has seen this news and today is the first day we have had this info!

805gregg - 4-30-2011 at 07:10 PM

Wow another person killed in Mexico, what is that # 35,001, and if you slit your own throat wouldn't the knife be nearby, or after you killed yourself, you ran off to hide it?

[Edited on 5-1-2011 by 805gregg]

BajaBlanca - 4-30-2011 at 07:29 PM

I am really so sorry about your and your son's loss...

inspectorgadget - 4-30-2011 at 07:31 PM

He slashed his own throat three times before finally cutting the jugular? That must have hurt. His body was floating in the ocean and washed up on the rocks. He was wearing only a swim suit and t-shirt. He told people at the hotel he was going down to the beach. Where did he have the knife? Who could slash their own throat three times? Why would he tell people he was going down to the beach but not leave a suicide note? What was his body doing out in the ocean? Did he swim out after he cut his throat? Did he swim out and then cut his throat?

slimshady - 4-30-2011 at 10:27 PM

O.K. Here it goes. Were there any defensive wounds to the hands, arms, face?

If someone were to attempt to slash your neck three specific times you would think the fight is on which would result in multile stabbing or slashing wounds.

I don't think anyone would wait for the assasin to do his job while sitting there waiting.

Suicide is quite common today and doing it in a beautful place happens often.

However just yesterday in Orange County 3 people suicided themselves. Two off the 5 over passes and one jumped in front of a train.

Cutting ones neck is almost painless and you would pass out within seconds. There is more to his story.

8unity8 - 5-1-2011 at 12:59 AM

this article is no longer available..what happened ??? did it get pulled for some reason??? this is weird!!! anybody have a hard copy of this newspaper article they might be willing to send me through the POSTAL service...?

Quote:
Here is the link:

JESSE - 5-1-2011 at 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 8unity8
this article is no longer available..what happened ??? did it get pulled for some reason??? this is weird!!! anybody have a hard copy of this newspaper article they might be willing to send me through the POSTAL service...?

Quote:
Here is the link:

No it is NOT weird, lost articles are a common thing with Tribuna. They seem to have a system that somehow deletes some articles after the day of the publication has passed.

thanks

8unity8 - 5-1-2011 at 02:37 AM

I appreciate knowing this as i can make a call to them and see if they can send a copy of the paper or article!

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:

Quote:
Here is the link:

No it is NOT weird, lost articles are a common thing with Tribuna. They seem to have a system that somehow deletes some articles after the day of the publication has passed.

monoloco - 5-1-2011 at 07:27 AM

Quote:
this is just soo ludicrious!! how does one cut their own throat! THANK YOU soo much this is the first real news we have besides the Manana treatment we get from the consulate!
Anything is possible, last week a kid killed himself on stage in Bend Oregon by stabbing himself repeatedly in the heart.

goldhuntress - 5-1-2011 at 08:15 AM

8unity8~ I put suicidio in the search on the papers website and found the article, must be archived. I tested the link and it worked for me but if it doesn't for you try doing the search I did. So sorry for you and your son's loss. http://www.tribunadeloscabos.com.mx/newpage2/index.cfm?op=po...

wilderone - 5-1-2011 at 09:42 AM

I think if one was grabbed from behind and throat slit, that would take about 3 seconds - not much time to fight off and find "defensive" wounds. Who were the "witnesses" who saw him agitated and smoking? Maybe a trip to talk face to face and find some answers. I'm sorry for your difficulties and loss in such a tragic way. Prayers to you.

lizard lips - 5-1-2011 at 10:42 AM

Bunity8. Please check your u2u message at the top of the page

8unity8 - 5-2-2011 at 12:47 PM

unfortunately we will only have the evidence of what the body revealed... from what the Mexican authorities will allow us to have! the only entities that have any info on this incident so far are those who have called the consulate for what they know and the two written articles that were generated from the official statements!! the push for a quick cremation is telling in and of it's self!! those who want to cover their tracks get rid of any incriminating evidence !

Quote:
Originally posted by slimshady
O.K. Here it goes. Were there any defensive wounds to the hands, arms, face?

If someone were to attempt to slash your neck three specific times you would think the fight is on which would result in multile stabbing or slashing wounds.

I don't think anyone would wait for the assasin to do his job while sitting there waiting.

Suicide is quite common today and doing it in a beautful place happens often.

However just yesterday in Orange County 3 people suicided themselves. Two off the 5 over passes and one jumped in front of a train.

Cutting ones neck is almost painless and you would pass out within seconds. There is more to his story.

Live stream for Marty's Memorial service!

8unity8 - 5-2-2011 at 01:03 PM

happening NOW...Live stream of Marty’s memorial service

Posted on May 2, 2011 by Corey

http://www.thedorfmanchapel.com/viewer3.php?rownum=1922

Use password lewis52

Starts at 4 pm EST

lizard lips - 5-2-2011 at 08:34 PM

I just watched the entire memorial service for Marty and I can see that he was quite a guy who had a lot of friends and family who loved him. Cory, even though I didn't know your dad after watching this service I wish I had. When we talked yesterday we didn't talk about him and his life only the process with the Mexican Government. I'm glad I got to see this. He was the kind of person that anyone would want for a friend and the world lost a great guy.

I hope I helped you yesterday. You have my number so call if there is anything I can do for you in the future. I will be looking for him on that star and it will bring a smile to my face. He was blessed.

Lobsterman - 5-3-2011 at 03:38 AM

The attached website has an article from his friend on the state of mind of this poor individual before he left for Cabo. Someone else can vouch for the authenticity of the article but why would someone lie about a tradegy like this other than the worthless Goat. Scroll down to the May 2 article. If it does not show up like in the preview, its fulanofiles then the rest.

***********.blogspot.com

Barbarosa - 5-6-2011 at 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by inspectorgadget
He slashed his own throat three times before finally cutting the jugular? That must have hurt.

*If* the report is accurate, it is believable. I have a very dear friend who attempted same (he was terminal at the time). He failed and it's not easy to do and he made several tries. But I'm sure it could succeed.